Carnival Glory Drydock Update

Shaded Lady

Just posted on the Carnival Dry Dock site:

Carnival Glory dry dock:*2/25/17 - 3/10/17

In addition to routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting, the following will take place:

• Crew area renovations
  • New Carnival Waterworks

In preparation for the new Waterworks, the forward pool, whirlpool and water slide are currently out of service now through March 25. Waterworks will be completed post dry dock. Please note,*this is the forward pool and whirlpool on deck 10 and will not affect food service or deck parties that are on Lido deck 9. While under construction, the mid ship pool, aft pool and whirlpools are open for guest use. Also, our Camp Ocean program for kids will be in full swing for kids to enjoy.

So it looks like during much of the Spring Break sailings they will have fewer pools and no slide on the Glory... those of you sailing between now and Dry Dock may be interested to hear that. I imagine it will make the remaining Lido Deck pool even more crowded.

In preparation for the new Waterworks, the forward pool, whirlpool and water slide are currently out of service now through March 25. Waterworks will be completed post dry dock. Please note,*this is the forward pool and whirlpool on deck 10 and will not affect food service or deck parties that are on Lido deck 9. While under construction, the mid ship pool, aft pool and whirlpools are open for guest use. Also, our Camp Ocean program for kids will be in full swing for kids to enjoy.

I'm assuming Waterworks will be moved aft like Sunshine?

See first post.

I'm wondering if their going to move Serenity to aft with the adult pool like 1 deck above aft adult pool. Looking at pictures of waterworks on other ships, Serenity looks like its going to get squeezed out. That and I doubt Serenity would be a popular place anymore with a water park full of screaming kids next to it. Just saying. LOL.

I'm wondering if their going to move Serenity to aft with the adult pool like 1 deck above aft adult pool. Looking at pictures of waterworks on other ships, Serenity looks like its going to get squeezed out. That and I doubt Serenity would be a popular place anymore with a water park full of screaming kids next to it. Just saying. LOL.

Hope not. It will be anything but Serene back there with the Seafood place and Pizza Pirate. They can't stop people under 21 from entering there due to to food places.

Where the current slide is seems like a pretty good sized chunk of real estate. Maybe they will get rid of that small pool, have all the slides starting on the sky deck where the current slide does and the rest will just use the current footprint where the pool/hottub/slide exit are now? Looking at pics of the WaterWorks on Imagination, for instance, it seems like they could fit quite a bit in the existing space.

based on pictures of the imagination waterworks, and the comments from carnival that the waterslide, hot tub and forward pool are closed, it looks like that is where the waterworks will likely go. This is good news for those of us that like the quiet of the serenity areas.

I do feel for the folks on the cruises where the construction will still be going on, as that can be a major downer.

Yikes, really not getting a good feeling about my 3/11 cruise. Kids are going to be disappointed there won't be ANY slides, and worried about how crowded working pools will be.

Why is waterworks being done POST dry dock? Just saying - thats not cool. To late to make a change now...and doubt Carnival would let us.

I'm assuming Waterworks will be moved aft like Sunshine?

No, that is highly unlikely as the aft area on the Glory has the sliding roof over the aft pool area. According to the first post the forward area above the Lido Deck where the small pool and spa tub and current slide is where it will go.

Yikes, really not getting a good feeling about my 3/11 cruise. Kids are going to be disappointed there won't be ANY slides, and worried about how crowded working pools will be.

Why is waterworks being done POST dry dock? Just saying - thats not cool. To late to make a change now...and doubt Carnival would let us.

It was stated that it would be completed post dry dock. That means to me it will be installed but not yet completed. It's common for some new things not to be ready to go when the ship comes out of dry dock. Some of the testing of the equipment cannot be done while in dry dock. The ship actually has to be underway to operate some systems and test them.

Looks like I picked a perfect time to book 4/22. Everything should be up and running by then.

I can just imagine how many bad reviews there will be for the next 4 cruises (2 pre and 2 post drydock). There were so many bad reviews when the ship had to miss some ports because of bad weather back in January. That was Mother Nature and people still complained so these reviews will be much worse.

It was stated that it would be completed post dry dock. That means to me it will be installed but not yet completed. It's common for some new things not to be ready to go when the ship comes out of dry dock. Some of the testing of the equipment cannot be done while in dry dock. The ship actually has to be underway to operate some systems and test them.

Understood, but when booking "It was never said" that we would be down a pool, and we would be sailing the ONLY ship in the fleet without ANY water slides. No discount was afforded, in fact no disclaimer was made that this ship was coming out of drydock.

And before you quote the contract and tell me that they don't guarantee ANY amenities etc, I get it...but certainly not happy about it. Would have chosen elsewhere.

Certainly not the ideal view to enjoy a Caribbean cruise people have spent a lot of time and money to enjoy. I know the wording of the statement makes it seem like it's tucked out the way on deck 10 forward, but that completely impacts the thousands of people who spend their cruise on lido deck mid-ship

2d9z6mh.jpg