Sd 2 11/28/15

mcpepe

Hello gang!

My Mom and I sailing again very soon! Who else is with us sailing from STT on SD2 on Nov 28? We'll be at the Ritz Carlton the night before. Anyone?

Can't wait to see many of the crew who I've stayed in contact with on Facebook.

This will be our first SeaDream experience. We are also staying at the Ritz the night before. I'm hoping for fun and good weather. Do you recommend anything special to pack or to plan for? We have only cruised on giant ships in the past.

John and Mindi Z.

Hello John and Mindy and Judi and Carole!

Looking forward to meeting you. You really don't need to pack anything special. Everything was very relaxed. I was more active than on other cruises, taking advantage of the hikes offered. For that reason I do plan on bringing more stuff to get sweaty and dirty in.

Can't wait! Happy Thanksgiving!

Favorite thing? Wow...where to begin... It feels like home. So intimate and comfortable. The food, the service, the camaraderie. No entertainment and that's fine with me. The ship tends to attract really interesting and fun people. And then there's the attention to detail, the activities that you just can't find with big ships. I remember being docked next to a megaship when we were on Seadream and there was my husband in his bathrobe having coffee near the pool. Nobody else was on the deck and the people from the megaship--and there were thousands of them--were just dazzled that there could be such a peaceful ambiance on a ship! And then there's the beach party that's a total mind blower. The friend I'm going with has never been on a cruise--just wait until she sees that!

Hi all,

We just finished a 6-night voyage on SD2 and I am happy to report that you are in for a great trip. As always, the crew was fantastic and I think that they may even be slightly better than the SD1 crew based on our very positive experiences on SD1 over the past two years.

We had 88 guests (including a group of ~11 ladies and some smaller groups) and 95 crew. I understand that you may have 101 sailing today.

There is still some minor work going on but none of it negatively impacted our trip in any way. The food was generally outstanding, the bartenders kept us happy, and Mother Nature was kinder than the meteorologists predicted but a moderate chop at Jost Van Dyke brought a fair amout of seaweed and prevented a beach landing at White Bay so we had to tender near Foxy's and then transfer (seamlessly) to our beach party.

You will be in good hands with the world-class crew and cheers to a fun and safe voyage.

Cheers,

Chet

Edited by CKforensic

Agreed CKForensic, truly fantastic cruise and great way to celebrate Thanksgiving. Was nice to meet you both aboard and share some pool deck time!

The crew at every level and discipline was so welcoming and accommodating, the weather fantastic and the memories priceless.

Looking forward to the next one.