Princess BevPkg shared?

SpaceCruiserEU

Couple in stateroom. We are 1st time cruisers on Princess. The All Inc BevPkg is available for both. What if only one takes it? Can it be shared? How does that work? I find it difficult to believe it can - how about sharing with an extended group??

Obviously a no-no. So what are the practicalities?

I don't know about Princess but on most ships EVERYONE in the cabin MUST buy the package. You can only get one drink at a time and the bar waiters will make sure only you get the drink, no one else at your table.

I have read here that to make it worthwhile you must drink 8-9 drinks a day. If you don't drink that much, it's not worth buying the package.

I don't know about Princess but on most ships EVERYONE in the cabin MUST buy the package. You can only get one drink at a time and the bar waiters will make sure only you get the drink, no one else at your table.

I have read here that to make it worthwhile you must drink 8-9 drinks a day. If you don't drink that much, it's not worth buying the package.

Not sure about Princess either, but Royal does not require everyone in a stateroom to purchase a package.

Princess does allow one person in a cabin to purchase the package and another not buy it. However, it cannot be shared. If you are caught sharing it, you can be put off the ship at the next port.

and then, when enough people are caught sharing, Princess will change the policy to everyone in cabin MUST purchase, then people will cry because that's not fair.

Princess does allow one person in a cabin to purchase the package and another not buy it. However, it cannot be shared. If you are caught sharing it, you can be put off the ship at the next port.

More likely that they will withdraw the package with no refund.

Once they know you both have the package they will often just take one card to swipe - I always took both DW's and mine to show them (on Royal Princess BTW).

As has been answered by many above, only one is required to buy it but it can't be shared.

The only exception is when the one with the "liquor sticker" (All Inclusive Beverage Package) buys a bottle of wine costing $100 or less at 40% off. That can be shared.

Couple in stateroom. We are 1st time cruisers on Princess. The All Inc BevPkg is available for both. What if only one takes it? Can it be shared? How does that work? I find it difficult to believe it can - how about sharing with an extended group??

Obviously a no-no.

Confused as to why you're then even asking.:confused:

So what are the practicalities?

You're interested more in what the real facts are rather than the theoretical aspects? Why, are you wishing to see what really happens and trying to find a way to share?

Confused as to why you're then even asking.:confused:

You're interested more in what the real facts are rather than the theoretical aspects? Why, are you wishing to see what really happens and trying to find a way to share?

They asked the same question on the Princess board. I was thinking of doing the same thing :D. Okay, I was thinking of drinking twice as much and blaming it on my husband LOL. We bought two last cruise and DH said it was too much pressure to drink the daily cost. No problem. I can do it alone.

Confused as to why you're then even asking.:confused:...

My gut feel from seeing similar posts on the Royal board is that they are probing for info to help them cheat. They know they will be flamed if they are open about it, so they act like they are ignorant of the rules.

Not everyone has to buy it in a cbin, but you cannot share it.

If both of you want it, you should both get it.

If only one of you gets it, it is allowed for the person with the AIBP to purchase bottles of wine under $100 at a discounted rate. Your table mates, person you are traveling, anyone you want to buy a bottle for can benefit from it.

My gut feel from seeing similar posts on the Royal board is that they are probing for info to help them cheat. They know they will be flamed if they are open about it, so they act like they are ignorant of the rules.

Well, you've been around here longer than me but it's still easy to sniff out what someone is trying to do...can't fool us.:D:D:D

Oh wait, I see I've been around longer than you. LOL

Edited by iheartbda