Would you pay for this added feature if Carnival were to provide it as an option?

I am one of those people who really likes to know about the inner workings of things. I've always felt on each ship Carnival should have a feature length movie about the building of a ship. They could film it from the beginning to the inaugural cruise.

I know there would be others who could care less about this type of thing, but it's about options. I would pay to see a movie showing the building of the ship, the engine being transported/installed, how the laundry is done, food prepared, etc. The video could answer questions about waste removal, morgue, jail, surgery/medical capabilities, and so forth.

Is there anybody who would be interested in this kinda thing and would you pay a nominal fee to see a film about it?

I would totally buy that DVD! I know that they did a show about the complete renovation of one of RCI's ship. It was either the Monarch or Sovereign. Anyway, it was a very interesting series and I've watched it whenever I see it on. It's usually on National Geographic or Sci Channel.

It's doesn't go into the minute details such as the morgue, etc. though.

ME

omg I have always wanted something like this. I love to learn. That would be so cool. They could have a movie about each ship. They could play the movie on that ship everyday at a certain time. Sell drinks. It could be a blast. Maybe have some trivia at the end to give away the best girt A SHIP ON A STICK. lol

Omg this would be awesome

:rolleyes:

:):):):)

You can always catch some of those

documentaries on the History channel

from time to time..

Why not have it on the cruise when you have a captive audience and it could generate funds or even be shown in the large showroom and I know folks would buy drinks during a feature length film. I like to know even more details than the abbreviated shows on tv.

On my RCCL cruise they always have RCTV Channels. They show all the documentaries that have been made about various ships. I did a solo cruise on Majesty once and ended up watching a bunch of these on my trip. They have a multipart show on the Soverign of the Sea undergoing a major overhaul ("Drydock- A Cruise Ship Reborn"). Even though it was filmed in 2004 and RCCL got rid of that ship, it is fascinating.

They also show multipart shows on the building of Voyager and Freedom of the Seas. Plus they will show things like Samantha Brown cruises, etc. I can't tell you how much time I have spent watching all of this on my RCCL cruises. I really enjoy them a they are extremely interesting.

What you describe, though, sound like the Behind The Fun tour of the ship, offered for $95pp on all ships.

It's less on smaller ships with shorter itineraries. On Imagination it was $55, lasted about 3 hours, and was well worth the price; one of the highlights of the cruise. Engineering Control was particularly awesome.

I've seen this very thing on the Travel Channel. I've watched it several times, as well as others.

Is interesting stuff. Would I pay to watch it on the ship. Nah.

DITTO. This is always on the Travel Channel and the History Channel...but yes, I do find it fascinating. I would never pay to see it though.;)

I am one of those people who really likes to know about the inner workings of things. I've always felt on each ship Carnival should have a feature length movie about the building of a ship. They could film it from the beginning to the inaugural cruise.

I know there would be others who could care less about this type of thing, but it's about options. I would pay to see a movie showing the building of the ship, the engine being transported/installed, how the laundry is done, food prepared, etc. The video could answer questions about waste removal, morgue, jail, surgery/medical capabilities, and so forth.

Is there anybody who would be interested in this kinda thing and would you pay a nominal fee to see a film about it?

I sure would! I'm a behind the scenes junkie!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We purchased a "Week in Review" DVD on our last RCI cruise. Part of the video featured behind the scenes tours and a look at the work that went into stretching the ship. :cool:

We have similar videos from other cruises (even on VHS) and would purchase again if CCL offered one.

I did see the "documentaries" on tv on RCI, maybe Carnival could so something similar?

I would not personally pay to see it or buy a dvd however. Yhen again, I am interested in the behind the fun scens tour, just not my thing

I wouldn't pay for it, I won't pay for the behind the fun tour and I probably wouldn't watch it if offered for free on the tv (bits of it maybe, but I wouldn't want to sit and watch the whole thing, too much other stuff to do).

I do pay for that already......it's called cable. Would I pay to see this on a cruise ship? No, not a chance. I don't even know if I would go to see that for free while on vacation. I like this sort of thing when I'm at home and have some time to kill, but there are more exciting ways to spend my time while on a cruise ship.

I do pay for that already......it's called cable. Would I pay to see this on a cruise ship? No, not a chance. I don't even know if I would go to see that for free while on vacation. I like this sort of thing when I'm at home and have some time to kill, but there are more exciting ways to spend my time while on a cruise ship.

Agreed

OOPS.....I should have said I am NOT interested in the Behind the Fun Scenes tour LOL

Maybe cause I grew up in Pittsburgh where the school's idea of a fun field trip was visiting a factory (Heinz) LOL. Like most kids in Pittsburgh I had a lot of "pickle pins"

I just am NOT interested in the crew's lifestyle, in the workings of a ship (I am not at all mechanical), just not something I would pay for. I have been on a few galley tours and years ago on some ship tours/bridge tours when they used to offer them free, but it is just not something I would personally pay for

Ok, I get that many of you would not be interested in paying for this kinda information, but if they showed a free film, how do you think that would go over?

I just feel that so many people here talk about quizzing indiviudal crew members on various things ship related, a film would answer so many questions. Some people just want to drink and relax in the sun, cool, but others are interested in the mammoth ship and how it operates, mechanicals, etc. It's just another onboard activity that could cater to a percentage of the population.

i usually catch a flick on the stateroom tv about building carnival ships, in time elapsed film.

Archived