Advice needed re. cruise price drop for newbie

Hey folks

Just paid a deposit on a cruise yesterday on Celebrity. I was tempted in by their Sail Beyond event and booked a 14 night xmas and new year cruise for this December for a total of $3109 pp to include $150 obc pp and a free classic drinks package for a ocean view room

Now 24 hours later, the same cruise is now being offered at $2920 with the same perks. This is a difference of $189. Additionally, if I change my perk of OBC to prepaid gratuities I would save an additional $78 giving me a total save of $456 for two people.

That is a substantial amount of money. Am I within my rights to call and ask for that to be discounted or should I cancel and rebook?

Love to hear what to do as I'm very new at this!

Edited by missistanbul

Hey folks

Just paid a deposit on a cruise yesterday on Celebrity. I was tempted in by their Sail Beyond event and booked a 14 night xmas and new year cruise for this December for a total of $3109 pp to include $150 obc pp and a free classic drinks package for a ocean view room

Now 24 hours later, the same cruise is now being offered at $2920 with the same perks. This is a difference of $189. Additionally, if I change my perk of OBC to prepaid gratuities I would save an additional $78 giving me a total save of $456 for two people.

That is a substantial amount of money. Am I within my rights to call and ask for that to be discounted or should I cancel and rebook?

Love to hear what to do as I'm very new at this!

It can vary, one factor being where in the world you booked.

But call and ask, you might be one of the lucky ones.

UPDATE

I called Celebrity and the call centre operator couldn't believe the deal I found. he said that the pre-paid gratuities shouldn't have been an option at all! He did say I could change my drinks package but I would have to do it at Guest Relations...hmmmm.

Anyway, luckily I made a screencast AND took screenshots of the booking process and sent it to his personal email to prove I'm not trying to pull a fast one.

He's going to review it and get back to me.....let's see if that happens.

Just transfer your booking to a travel agent, you will greatly increase your gained perks and any additional savings! I use

A popular travel compare site to compare offers.

UPDATE

I called Celebrity and the call centre operator couldn't believe the deal I found. he said that the pre-paid gratuities shouldn't have been an option at all! He did say I could change my drinks package but I would have to do it at Guest Relations...hmmmm.

Anyway, luckily I made a screencast AND took screenshots of the booking process and sent it to his personal email to prove I'm not trying to pull a fast one.

He's going to review it and get back to me.....let's see if that happens.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by clc6p

My husband and I were on the same Christmas cruise as you! Good to see you are planning another Celebrity cruise. We would do likewise and are going on a Baltic cruise this summer, but with Royal Caribbean as we got a really good deal with our travel agent that was much more affordable than a similar cruise with Celebrity would be. Would still prefer Silhouette, though! Loved that ship!

We found our TA by going to a site where we listed the cruise we were interested in and then the info was sent to several companies who then provided us competing prices and other perks like OBC, dinners in speciality restaurants, etc. We picked what appeared to be the best offer. That is what we did on our Christmas cruise. It worked out well. The TA provided what he said his company would provide and then with our next cruise coming up this summer, we just went with the same TA. I did check references once we decided on which TA to go with to be sure as much as is possible that the company was reputable. So far so good.

If you Google competing online cruise TA's you should be able to find the one I contacted and then you can see which one offers the best deal for you. Good luck!

Edited by Kmangel