Mossman Gorge, Port Douglas

rf52

Anybody been on this Celebrity excursion or similar.? i'm looking to see if Mossman Gorge and the Wildlife Habitat are don't miss sights. I am not looking for feedback on the ship tour itself, but if you have been on it, that would also be appreciated.

This shore excursion takes you to Australias most extraordinary wildlife park and into the rainforest on a nature expedition. Follow the elevated paths of Port Douglas Wildlife Habitat on an incredible hike through the dense jungle. See cuddly koalas and adorable kangaroos. Watch giant crocodiles laze about their watering holes. Then, venture into Queensland Rainforest to visit Mossman Gorge, a spectacular natural setting where youll soak up a magnificent view of an Australian waterfall. DG02

I haven't been on ship's excursions to these places, but I have visited them both on my own several times.

The Wildlife Habitat is a great place to see native animals. It's a very large area all covered by a special netting. So, birds are able fly freely. And you are able to walk amongst animals such as kangaroos and have encounters with koalas and other animals. Your admission fee includes a guided tour and I have found them quite informative. I would want to have at least 2.5 - 3 hours there.

I really like going to Mossman Gorge. The highlights for me are the 3km rainforest circuit trail and swimming in the natural pools. I'd plan on spending 2-3 hours if you intend to either hike or swim. If neither of those activities appeal to you, an hour or less should suffice.

FWIW, if your ship docks in PD, you could visit both of these places with a rental car. The Wildlife Habitat is a 5-minute drive from the marina and Mossman Gorge is about a 15 minute drive from there. There is one road, a paved 2-lane highway, so you can't get lost and don't need to rent anything other than a 2WD sedan.