Australia a big bust

Again maybe a bit more research.

Sorry we no longer ride Kangaroos down the street and have relegated Kaolas to the back blocks.

What animal park did you go to at Darwin?

It also sounds like you're a Big City person and to be honest we only really have two of those here.

Sorry that Australia is so bad, might be best if you don't come back.

well said Gut couldn`t have put it better myself:cool:

The ship broke, multiple times.

The cruise line made choices of where go, and not go.

You were let down by the ship and the cruise line.

Deal with the reality of what was the problem.

btw, hi QM2 made it to Hong Kong on Saturday. No kangaroos (as my 3 seconds of research led me to expect),

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your cruise.

I agree with you, probably best to stay at home next time and save your dollars.

Airlie Beach and Bay of Islands are in two different countries.

Both are absolutely beautiful with loads to see and do. I guess beauty is subjective and not everyone sees things in the same way????

Auckland Zoo is not in Australia it is in New Zealand and kangaroos come from Australia, not New Zealand. However Auckland zoo does still have kangaroos so im not sure why you didn't see any?

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Auistralia and New Zealand as IMHO they are two very different but equally gorgeous countries. I have been to a lot of countries around the world and I'm sorry you didn't enjoy ours.

Wandered around the wildlife sanctuary, listening to the non-Aussies (lots) getting excited about the roos and koalas, Tassie tigers etc, and their enjoyment of all these new sights is such a joy to watch. It was a really good place to visit."

Nope - you didn't see any of these except in your vivid imagination. They have been extinct since 1936.

My motto when travelling "Attitude is the difference between an ordeal, and an adventure".

People with the right attitude can have an incredible holiday - no matter what happens during it.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your cruise.

Yes, I did enjoy it very much. But not fallen in love with it enough to do lots of repeats, or other long cruises. Still many places to explore in more depth.

The ship is beautiful, but rarely feels crowded. Cabin steward was sensational. Dining staff very good. Enjoyed many of the lectures, or just sitting in those arn hairs on deck 3 watching the water go by.

Would loved to have had a little rough weather as the whole thing was a little too smooth.

Thought main dining room food did not live up to the hype. Late sitting often tasted like it had been cooked much earlier and kept in heater. Dried the meat or fish too much.

Purser staff not a highlight. May write about the passport issues somewhere else.

Now I Q Club at HK waiting for the flight home.

The beauty of cruising is don't have do alot of research. I run a business and work 80-90 hours a week. I have been on 30 plus cruises over the years. I expect the cruise line to my research and offer the excursions to the highlights that must be seen. It was really the tenders that spoiled my mood and added to my frustration

Australia may well be a wonderful place to visit but the ports we went to and the time to take tenders at every port made it less then enjoyable

It sounds like you, and the other passengers, were not as lucky as the US tourist in this recent story http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/canberra-life/whats-that-skippy-theres-a-kangaroo-loose-on-commonwealth-ave-bridge-20170110-gtotzi.html. This happened in Canberra (the capital) where is it indeed quite common to see the roos in the wild.

1484026463745.jpg

Airley beach was a waste. Bay of islands there was nothing there. The Sydney port was awesome and Indonesia.malaysia and Singapore were spectacular.

My biggest frustration was 8 of 10 of the ports were tenders.

In 30 plus cruises I have never seen 80 percent tenders !!!!

The Asia portion was incredible but New Zealand and Austtralia was a huge disappointment

Next time I will just go to Asia and save the long travel

Cruising is great but not for every destination.

I've been to NZ twice-once on a coach tour, once on a cruise. I enjoyed both trips.

NZ is one of the most breathtakingly beautiful countries in the world in my opinion.

But to really see it, sorry, the cruise doesn't even begin to touch the sides. I was glad I had done the coach tour a few years before the cruise.

If you ever want to see NZ again, drive yourself or do a coach tour, you'll see more. Plus on a coach tour, the guide will explain a lot to you.

As for Australia, there's a lot to see but it is spread out. If you'd rather a big city experience, maybe just spend time in Sydney & Melbourne. Healesville Sanctuary here in Victoria has Australian animals.

Airley beach was a waste. Bay of islands there was nothing there. The Sydney port was awesome and Indonesia.malaysia and Singapore were spectacular.

My biggest frustration was 8 of 10 of the ports were tenders.

In 30 plus cruises I have never seen 80 percent tenders !!!!

The Asia portion was incredible but New Zealand and Austtralia was a huge disappointment

Next time I will just go to Asia and save the long travel

PS I spent 2 days up at Bay of Islands when we were on a coach tour. I enjoyed it. We walked for miles, saw heaps. Went on a boat out to the hole in the rocks etc too. But nope, it isn't the best place in NZ or the most spectacular. Queenstown is amazing, Rotorua is too. And Napier-fantastic. There are also some amazing small towns you pass through too. Sincerely, try a coach tour. No need to spend hours planning, they do it for you.

Did your cruise stop at Napier? Ours did and it was a highlight of the cruise, I thought.

Nope - you didn't see any of these except in your vivid imagination. They have been extinct since 1936.

My motto when travelling "Attitude is the difference between an ordeal, and an adventure".

People with the right attitude can have an incredible holiday - no matter what happens during it.

I like it.

It sounds like you, and the other passengers, were not as lucky as the US tourist in this recent story http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/canberra-life/whats-that-skippy-theres-a-kangaroo-loose-on-commonwealth-ave-bridge-20170110-gtotzi.html. This happened in Canberra (the capital) where is it indeed quite common to see the roos in the wild.

1484026463745.jpg

LOL, Canberra can get so wild sometimes that people stay up past Midnight :eek:

Yes, we often have roos in and around our suburbs feeding on people's lawns.

Gee whiz.... you certainly didn't do your homework before you left. I think another mistake you made was to go on NCL, seeing as they already knew the ship was in a sorry state of repair.

I can understand your frustration at all the tendering but exaggerating won't win you any friends either. It is not an hour shuttle ride into Cairns CBD, only 15 - 20 mins..... the ship tendering process was slow and that is what took the time..... again, not Australia/NZ's fault but the ship.......and surely you didn't think you could see kangaroos and koalas in the CBD..... now if you did your research you would have found plenty of places that have kangaroos both in the wild and in captivity but it won't be in the CBD, you could have gone to the Cairns Zoom Dome and cuddled a koala though. You could have tried Koala Gardens in Kuranda or Hartley's Crocodile Adventures or Rainforestation or just gone on a tour and seen the kangaroos in the wild if you chose to venture up the Kuranda Range and on to Mareeba.

Yes, I did enjoy it very much. But not fallen in love with it enough to do lots of repeats, or other long cruises. Still many places to explore in more depth.

The ship is beautiful, but rarely feels crowded. Cabin steward was sensational. Dining staff very good. Enjoyed many of the lectures, or just sitting in those arn hairs on deck 3 watching the water go by.

Would loved to have had a little rough weather as the whole thing was a little too smooth.

Thought main dining room food did not live up to the hype. Late sitting often tasted like it had been cooked much earlier and kept in heater. Dried the meat or fish too much.

Purser staff not a highlight. May write about the passport issues somewhere else.

Now I Q Club at HK waiting for the flight home.

I didn't think the food was anything to write home about.

1484026463745.jpg

Damn Paddock Rats

Because 4flushing only embarked in Auckland, there was ample opportunity for land touring prior to the cruise. The cruise only missed Brisbane (a river problem or some such, not the ship's fault this time). Every other advertised port was reached as this was after the azipods were repaired. Being a northern Australian and tropical cruise, the focus was on snorkeling by then. He should have cruised the southern states for kangaroos and koalas. A great many passengers took the opportunity when stuck in Melbourne to visit Healesville Sanctuary.

If local fauna was so important, Taronga should have been his top prioity for Sydney.

And ALL these tender ports were advertised before the cruise and discussed on the roll call, including Yorkey's Knob and Athol Buoy, so it's not like he didn't know beforehand it was not a major-city cruise. The nature of the scenic locations meant going to non docking areas. It sounds like he really did think kangaroos and koalas would be roaming the city streets! His lack of knowledge can't be blamed on either Australia or not choosing the right ship excursion.

When we toured Canada, I didn't see a moose. Is that Canada's fault too?

Edited by Port Power

...When we toured Canada, I didn't see a moose. Is that Canada's fault too?

:o We are so, so sorry. Our moose are a bit shy and very polite. They don't like bothering people. Had it been known that you were looking, I'm sure a few would have been more than happy to offer a photo op.

Back steaks ok, the rest, pig, dog and damn good Yabby bait.

And that's it.

and crab bait......use it in the crab traps in the river. We caught some beauties Xmas before last.

Best to not let my husband see a roo hanging around the cattle and fences at the farm:eek:

:o We are so, so sorry. Our moose are a bit shy and very polite. They don't like bothering people. Had it been known that you were looking, I'm sure a few would have been more than happy to offer a photo op.

Love it, Do you have any Chocolate Moose, that is one of my favourites.:p