bloody mary

aburnett

Have you ever tried Zing Zang mix? That's become my favorite. Plus I like mine with tequila.

I have tried it, and it's pretty good, but I guess it's all about taste and personal preference. Additionally, here in SC it's only available in glass bottles, and it makes it harder to carry on board the ship or in your checked luggage.

I'll have to try it with tequila. :D

Have you ever tried Zing Zang mix? That's become my favorite. Plus I like mine with tequila.

Agreed. Zing Zang is great and it's available almost anywhere.

I also prefer a bloody mary with tequila. It's called a bloody maria.

Many thanks and a tip of the hat to gg88 and to Melissa for their support in the Great Clamato Debate.

Maybe Mixer Dave in Canada should check into the possibility that the Canadian Clamato was thicker because it got old sitting on Canadian shelves too long. Eh?

I will be on the Eclipse this Sunday for two weeks and will certainly be enjoying a few American Bloody Caesars! :D

Actually I am not in Canada EH!!! The Bloody Caesar is extremely popular in Canada so I bet their Clamato is on the shelf less time than in the states. I don't imagine folks in The Villages drink many of them.

Actually I am not in Canada EH!!! The Bloody Caesar is extremely popular in Canada so I bet their Clamato is on the shelf less time than in the states. I don't imagine folks in The Villages drink many of them.

Obviously, Mixer Dave does not know The Villages too well. Our 2 for 1 Happy Hours begin daily at 11 am! Bloody Caesars are a favorite way to start the day. The Villages has been called a Drinking Community With A Golfing Problem.:D

Looking forward to beginning 2 weeks on the Eclipse tomorrow. Yes, I have the Premium package!!

Obviously, Mixer Dave does not know The Villages too well. Our 2 for 1 Happy Hours begin daily at 11 am! Bloody Caesars are a favorite way to start the day. The Villages has been called a Drinking Community With A Golfing Problem.:D

Looking forward to beginning 2 weeks on the Eclipse tomorrow. Yes, I have the Premium package!!

I am familiar with The Villages. I considered moving there at one time, but I don't want to deal with cold and frost. And before you tell me it doesn't get cold, I recall a visit in March of 2013 that I had to scrape frost from my windshield. That's why I retired to Venice,. Also, I believe it is a drinking community with an STD problem. I have a picture of the Tri County Infectious Disease center.

I am familiar with The Villages. I considered moving there at one time, but I don't want to deal with cold and frost. And before you tell me it doesn't get cold, I recall a visit in March of 2013 that I had to scrape frost from my windshield. That's why I retired to Venice,. Also, I believe it is a drinking community with an STD problem. I have a picture of the Tri County Infectious Disease center.

LOLOLOLOL The Villages, a bunch of horny old goats with golf carts!

aburnett: With the beverage package, you could also get a bloody mary in the evening before bed and ask for NO ICE. Refrigerate and in the morning you are all ready to greet the morning. This won't work so well for a mimosa.

cruisingagainsoon: This shouldn't be a problem but check because it might be included in the cost of the bottle. Oftentimes mixers are part of the cost.

Now that aburnett has mentioned this, I might just be doing this for our sea days. :confused:

Great idea! I feel sure we'll be doing this!

If you check out Wikipedia, it will confirm what I said:

"Clamato/kləˈmeɪtoʊ/is a drink made of reconstitutedtomato juiceconcentrate, flavored with spices andclambroth.[1] Made byMott's, the name is aportmanteauof "clam" and "tomato"."

Here's the website: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clamato

But, if you don't believe Wikipedia, here's a quote from Mott's website:

"With its distinctive, savoury flavour, Mott’s Clamato Original is the tomato clam cocktail that you know and love."

The thickness doesn't change the main ingredients (i.e. water is probably added to make it a little less think).

Just sayin'....

Never trust Wikipedia - written by anybody.

That being said I contacted Motts - this was their response"

Thanks for contacting us about Clamato. We love hearing from our consumers,especially when we can help answer a question about our products. You arecorrect! There is a difference in theingredients for the Clamato available in Canada versus the Clamato produced forthe US. You can go online at cdmproductfacts.caand dpsgproductfacts.com and actually see it for yourself.

ad Bloody Mary's, made with Zing Zang, around the outdoor fireplace last night.;)

I have tried it, and it's pretty good, but I guess it's all about taste and personal preference. Additionally, here in SC it's only available in glass bottles, and it makes it harder to carry on board the ship or in your checked luggage.

I'll have to try it with tequila. :D

I thought we buy Zing Zang in plastic at the beach (Pawley's Island). :confused:

I will also have to try mixing it with Tequila. (y)

• 4 months later...
We are going on the Emerald Princess in 2 weeks for Alaska....I'm planning to take 2 bottles of bloody mary mix:)

You all have got me started.. Don't have my clothing list done yet except for 2 gala nights plus Christmas day & New Years Day..

But, do have on my list, 2 bottles of wine, couple of tonic's, bloody Mary Mix & a jar of Amos Pickled asparagus for my bloody Mary's.. Dh needs tonic & I drink the bloody Mary's.. Will order a bottle of vodka for our cabin & a wine package for dinner.. You all would think we were drinkers, but only drink when we go out for dinner at home..

BTW do all regular balcony cabins have refrigerators in them, or do I have to order one? Will be on Reflection for Christmas & New Years.. Looking forward to it!

Thanks..