DREAM- New Orleans Park and Cruise Hotel Packages

toosaxykk

HELLO FELLOW CRUISE ADDICTS:

DH and I are sailing on the Dream for our 11th wedding anniversary in March 2017 and we are looking for a GOOD Park/ cruise hotel in or around NOLA. We have sailed out of NOLA multiple times and stayed at the Comfort Suites in Gretna, LA but is just AWFUL. Not clean and somewhat scary!

So... we are looking for hotels that offer this combo (stay 1 night and then park your vehicle THERE at the hotel and they shuttle... or even call a cab, to the port) and at a reasonable rate. I called a few downtown hotels but they were $399-500 for 1 night and parking! I am hoping to get both of these for $250 total. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Happy Cruising!

Very few hotels offer shutteling in NO area to the ports, the one that do offer it one way. There are several that offer parking packages but you have to find your own way to port. Check out the NO port board there are several listed there. Yes prices can be insane. We are staying there for a Halloween cruise and prices are running around $400 a night. Haven't decided where we are staying yet. Most hotels are booked and have been for months. Except for some sketchy ones. We may stay out of town and drive in the day of the cruise.

You are far enough out look at the Hampton that is directly across from the port. I don't think they offer parking but you'd literally only have to drive across the street and park at port. That's where I wanted to stay but of course it was booked way in advance. The Hilton Riverside has a parking and cruise package, you can take a taxi for about $8 a person to port. That is the one you can go out the back of the hotel, through the mall and walk to port if you want. Or take a taxi to port. If you drive to port it's like 3 miles or so. DH and I stayed there once and drove to port. We were there in just a couple of minutes. If you book way out you can usually find it on the discount booking sites really cheap. If book direct it's expensive.

Very few hotels offer shutteling in NO area to the ports, the one that do offer it one way. There are several that offer parking packages but you have to find your own way to port. Check out the NO port board there are several listed there. Yes prices can be insane. We are staying there for a Halloween cruise and prices are running around $400 a night. Haven't decided where we are staying yet. Most hotels are booked and have been for months. Except for some sketchy ones. We may stay out of town and drive in the day of the cruise.

You are far enough out look at the Hampton that is directly across from the port. I don't think they offer parking but you'd literally only have to drive across the street and park at port. That's where I wanted to stay but of course it was booked way in advance. The Hilton Riverside has a parking and cruise package, you can take a taxi for about $8 a person to port. That is the one you can go out the back of the hotel, through the mall and walk to port if you want. Or take a taxi to port. If you drive to port it's like 3 miles or so. DH and I stayed there once and drove to port. We were there in just a couple of minutes. If you book way out you can usually find it on the discount booking sites really cheap. If book direct it's expensive.

Wow... that was SUPER helpful! I will look into the Riverside for sure. And discount sites? Like orbit or expedia? I will look into this! Thanks so much!

HELLO FELLOW CRUISE ADDICTS:

DH and I are sailing on the Dream for our 11th wedding anniversary in March 2017 and we are looking for a GOOD Park/ cruise hotel in or around NOLA. We have sailed out of NOLA multiple times and stayed at the Comfort Suites in Gretna, LA but is just AWFUL. Not clean and somewhat scary!

So... we are looking for hotels that offer this combo (stay 1 night and then park your vehicle THERE at the hotel and they shuttle... or even call a cab, to the port) and at a reasonable rate. I called a few downtown hotels but they were $399-500 for 1 night and parking! I am hoping to get both of these for $250 total. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Happy Cruising!

What night are you staying?

We are staying at the Holiday Inn downtown/superdome in October. It ran $275 which includes parking for 8 days. There isn't a shuttle to the port, but its only a mile some walk. It is our first time in NOLA and we wanted somewhere central and close to the action. After the cruise we are staying at the Holiday Inn in the french quarter, that one is free from points ;)

Our first two cruises we stayed at the Comfort Inn in Gretna. The first year was okay (overpriced though). The second time was so terrible I said never again. Not only was the property not well maintained but the room itself was filthy (like hair in the tub, no shower curtain, no toilet paper holder or toilet paper, hair pins and things on the floor that suggested it had not been vaccumed in a while). Service at the restaurant was terrible and the location itself was not great. So last cruise, we stayed at the Best WEstern in Harvey. It was a decent location, nice hotel, nice pool and courtyard area around the pool. They called and paid for a taxi to the port and we pay to go back. I am not sure of the price but it was under

$200.00 for sure. Of course that was a couple of years ago. (Oct 2014 Elation cruise)

Edited to ad: I found the e-receipt in a folder in my email and it was $139.99 before taxes for the room, which included parking, hotel and taxi to the port. It was Best Western Plus, Westbank

Edited by cruzinlisa

We are staying Saturday March 11th

If you are pretty sure you aren't going to cancel and wouldn't mind prepaying, here's what I would do:

Go on hotwire and book the 4* French Quarter/Mississppi River area hotel with 90% recommendation and "tennis nearby and spa services" for $125. That's Hilton Riverside.

Then I would go to neworleansparking.com and book cruise parking at Fulton Garage. This is a few blocks from your hotel and close to the port. That's $12/day covered or $10/day rooftop. You can wait and pay when you get there but then it's $14/day. They have a free shuttle to and from the port. Porter meets the shuttle to get your bags.

I believe a night of self parking at Riverside is around $30. Add in all the taxes and fees and you should come in under $300 total.

Edited by Saint Greg

Our first two cruises we stayed at the Comfort Inn in Gretna. The first year was okay (overpriced though). The second time was so terrible I said never again. Not only was the property not well maintained but the room itself was filthy (like hair in the tub, no shower curtain, no toilet paper holder or toilet paper, hair pins and things on the floor that suggested it had not been vaccumed in a while). Service at the restaurant was terrible and the location itself was not great. So last cruise, we stayed at the Best WEstern in Harvey. It was a decent location, nice hotel, nice pool and courtyard area around the pool. They called and paid for a taxi to the port and we pay to go back. I am not sure of the price but it was under

$200.00 for sure. Of course that was a couple of years ago. (Oct 2014 Elation cruise)

Edited to ad: I found the e-receipt in a folder in my email and it was $139.99 before taxes for the room, which included parking, hotel and taxi to the port. It was Best Western Plus, Westbank

That PERFECTLY describes our stay in Gretna. The 1st time was OK but then the next time I was sick (literally) thinking about the nastiness of the room!

I will look into the Best Western! Did it include the parking too! That is not that bad either! Especially if they pay for the cab fare TO the port!

Great idea... thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
We are staying Saturday March 11th

Kellie, we are on the same cruise in March 2017. Driving from the Houston area. We are staying at The Prytania Park hotel in the garden district. They offer free parking for the duration of the cruise, but you must stay 2 nights. The hotel is just 1 block from the St Charles streetcar. They do not offer a shuttle to the port, so you have to take a taxi to and from.

Kellie, we are on the same cruise in March 2017. Driving from the Houston area. We are staying at The Prytania Park hotel in the garden district. They offer free parking for the duration of the cruise, but you must stay 2 nights. The hotel is just 1 block from the St Charles streetcar. They do not offer a shuttle to the port, so you have to take a taxi to and from.

Thank you so much for sharing this as it is a smaller/ less known hotel and I had never heard of it. I will look into it today!

DH and I are both teachers (also in Houston area) and will be on Spring Break so we can stay an additional night! This may just work! Thank you so much!

AND... Let's meet up on our cruise! I love meeting fellow cruisers!

• 2 weeks later...

We booked the Country Inn & Suites Metairie Cruise & Park package. It includes parking and a one way shuttle to the pier as well as a hot breakfast. We've stayed at this property twice before when it was a Ramada, and it has even better ratings now. You will need to get a cab back to the property to go back.

We booked the Country Inn & Suites Metairie Cruise & Park package. It includes parking and a one way shuttle to the pier as well as a hot breakfast. We've stayed at this property twice before when it was a Ramada, and it has even better ratings now. You will need to get a cab back to the property to go back.

I was there right after they took over from Ramada. They were remodeling. That was a couple years ago I bet it is nice now.

• 5 months later...
We are staying at the Holiday Inn downtown/superdome in October. It ran $275 which includes parking for 8 days. There isn't a shuttle to the port, but its only a mile some walk. It is our first time in NOLA and we wanted somewhere central and close to the action. After the cruise we are staying at the Holiday Inn in the french quarter, that one is free from points ;)

I would not walk anywhere from this location.