Moby Dick Tours vs. Soto's

CarlaMasterson

I can't compare the 2, as we have only used Soto's. My party of 21 used Soto's in June. We all loved the experience. We got to all hold a stingray, feed a stingray, kiss it for luck, and got a stingray back massage. They also coaxed out a eel and a nurse shark at the snorkeling stop. My nephews were 4 at the time, and they even got a great experience with the rays. You can't beat the price, and we got very personalized service. I would not hesitate to use them again.

ccrn, glad to hear that you had such a good experience with Soto's. We are looking to book them for our cruise in December. We have a group of 19 ranging from 20 months to 80 so your post was very helpful....thanks1

their website is www.sotoscruises.com

I have called them as well and they have been SO helpful with my many questions!

Luckyking, I am glad that you are putting your faith in soto's. We could not have been happier withthe service, and Kerry was also very helpful before our trip as well. I was very nervous, as I planned the trip for my entire family, but everyone was very pleased with Soto's. Have fun, and be sure to post about your trip when you get back.

Patty

We are on the second one. Our ship doesn't get in until noon so we only had the option of the second one. We are all really looking forward to it.

luckyking, just wanted to say hi since we'll be on the second tour also! We don't have a large group (just my husband and me). We'll be coming from the Grand Princess, too. This is our first time to Grand Cayman and we're looking forward to this excursion.

luckyking, just wanted to say hi since we'll be on the second tour also! We don't have a large group (just my husband and me). We'll be coming from the Grand Princess, too. This is our first time to Grand Cayman and we're looking forward to this excursion.

Laudlams - Thanks for saying hello. I guess we will be seeing you in less than a couple of months, looking forward to meeting you! (I can't believe how soon it will be here!)

Do you have any other excursions booked for the other ports? We are trying to get our cave tubing booked in Belize. Just have to figure out who all is going to go.

Laudlams - I have to say that I am so glad to hear that you are coming from the Grand Princess. I was a bit nervous to book that second tour with having to deal with tendering and feared being late. Kerry assured me that they would wait. But now to hear that it's fellow Grand folks going, we'll be dealing with the same issues!

Laudlams - I have to say that I am so glad to hear that you are coming from the Grand Princess. I was a bit nervous to book that second tour with having to deal with tendering and feared being late. Kerry assured me that they would wait. But now to hear that it's fellow Grand folks going, we'll be dealing with the same issues!

luckyking - I'm glad to hear that another group's coming from the Grand Princess. I was also worried about the timing because of tendering and not being able to meet in time, but with at least another group coming from the same ship, hopefully they'll be willing to wait if we're all late due to tendering! Do you know if the Grand Princess is on Eastern or Central time, or whether it's in the same time zone as Grand Cayman?

luckyking - As for the other ports, we'll be doing the lost world canopy tour in Belize and probably one of the ruins excursions in Majahual (but not sure which one yet). Cave tubing sounds like it'll be lots of fun. We were debating between that and the canopy tour for awhile. We haven't decided on what to do in Cozumel yet.

Less than 7 weeks left! It'll be great to get away from the cold weather (we're in Michigan) in December!

luckyking - I'm glad to hear that another group's coming from the Grand Princess. I was also worried about the timing because of tendering and not being able to meet in time, but with at least another group coming from the same ship, hopefully they'll be willing to wait if we're all late due to tendering! Do you know if the Grand Princess is on Eastern or Central time, or whether it's in the same time zone as Grand Cayman?

Laudlams - I just looked up a world clock on the internet and found that Cayman time is 1 hour ahead of the central time zone since they don't observe daylight savings time. So, now the question is, the times that Princess has listed, are they ship time or port time....I'm a bit nervous because if it's ship time, that means that when we pull in at noon, it will really be 1:00 on the island, time for our excursion. Surely they realized that when we booked with them! I'll be calling them to verify.

• 2 weeks later...

We pre-booked and excursion with Soto Tours to swim and snorkel with the stingrays and snorkel at Coral Gardens for $30 per person. This was an excellent choice. The same excursion booked on the ship was $69 per person and our boat was a lot less crowded. Therefore we got very individualized attention and had plenty of time to enjoy this wonderful tour. I highly recommend it.

Archived