Land tours from Hong Kong cruise terminal

calisan

... Celebrity Millenium for 2 nights on a back to back. Does anyone know a tour company that would pick me up, take me on an excursion and drop me off at the cruise terminal ...
OK, I will take a crack at this - saw your post a while ago but gotten no responses so far.

HKG is one of the best port of calls for DIY tour, it's visitors friendly, free shuttles to nearby shopping malls (and back) and MTR station (to go all over the city, Kowloon & HK Island side, and beyond to N.T.)

All depends on your interests & preference, time & budget. You can also take get into the taxi line & go to your favorite spot to be dropped off. (X should be docked at Kai Tak Cruise Terminal)

Discoverhongkong dot com is the official H.K. tourism board's website, with excellent bilingual pictorial guide on your choices, options and recommended routes, very easy to follow & do even for first time visitors. Signage at almost all popular tourist attractions are bilingual English/Chinese. With an overnight B2B stop, you have as much as 36 hours to explore the city - it is best explored on foot, using mass/public transit - so comfortable walking shoes are a must. Even during the "cooler" early Fall & early Spring seasons - weather can be warm with high humidity for most travelers, cotton & light color clothing are preferred but bring a light jacket and/or sweater as indoors, those central air condtioning are typicall on full blast & icy cold.

Please use the link to do a little more research to guide your plans, narrow it down & will be happy to give suggestions and ideas then. As a general rule, personalized & private tours as you described would be limited and rather pricey, as getting around, off & on via a sedan or minivan would be very, very expensive - and, many popular stops still require a fair amount of walking, climbing.

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/us/cruise/shore-excursions/index.jsp

I did see someone considering some sort of customized tour in HKG a while ago ( maybe a year + since) but it wasn't cheap and rather generic, and, can be easily done or followed using MTR trains and buses, along with scenic ferry ride - and, short point-to-point taxi rides, for a lot less money. You might be better off checking with X to see if they are offering anything, price-wise - probably same or even less than the "local" outfit offering their "services" - and, I am not sure if they are properly screened, licensed/bonded & approved by local authorities.

We took mking8288's advice for Hong Kong and had a wonderful few days exploring independently. The Octopus Card was fabulous; we used it constantly for public transport and even on the Star Ferry :). All his suggestions/advice were 'spot on' ;).

We took mking8288's advice for Hong Kong and had a wonderful few days exploring independently. The Octopus Card was fabulous; we used it constantly for public transport and even on the Star Ferry :). All his suggestions/advice were 'spot on' ;).

Hi, thanks - villauk !! Again, very happy that you enjoyed your visit and the suggestions worked. I just came across this new YT video, a drone view of HK, day and night ... short, about 4 minutes & when you are done, very bad side effects ... promptly you to start thinking about visiting again.

At about 3:00 - has an aerial of Kai Tak C.T. with a ship docked, about 3:20 - Big Budda and a few seconds later, Wong Tai Sin Temple, not far from the cruise terminal. It's on our radar, if not this Fall then 2018 for sure, to go back ourselves.

• 3 weeks later...

If time is of any concern, I suggest that you take a taxi out of Kai Tak Cruise Terminal rather than one of the mall shuttles. We sat on the shuttle for 25 minutes before it left and then it took 15 or 20 minutes to get to the mall and then another 3 to 5 minutes to get to the MTR station.

The tram up to Victoria Peak usually has a long waiting line - recommend you take a taxi or bus up to the top and the tram back down since for some reason the line for the ride back down is much shorter.