obstructed views on Solstice?

smith6

Does anyone know what category 07 means? Our stateroom locator says that all category 2c and 07's will have obstructed views. I know what 2c is I just don't know what 07 is. Can anyone answer?

I believe it means that you'll have a great view of a lifeboat from your balcony. But I've noticed that the pricing on these is sometimes attractive. I saw one cruise where the difference between an ocean view and an obstructed balcony was c.$100 pp. For that price, I'd seriously consider the balcony even if you don't have much of a view. But then for c. $100 or so more pp you can sometimes get a balcony without an obstruction...

Edited by benbess

Wrong. Cat 07's have a tender in front of the balcony. Tenders are taller than lifeboats. When you are standing on your balcony you will be able to see over the boat. You could also get lucky like I did a few weeks ago, and have a cabin (6188) that has the opening between the boats in front of you (6190 would have been even better).

The obstruction didn't bother me, but then again I usually sail in insides, and only got the balcony this time because it was priced right.

This is the obstructed view you get over the tenders with the Cat. 7 balconies. The view over the lifeboat on the right is not considered as obstructed thus those cabins are 2Cs.

SolsticeSide02.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

This is the obstructed view you get over the tenders with the Cat. 7 balconies. The view over the lifeboat on the right is not considered as obstructed thus those cabins are 2Cs.

SolsticeSide02.jpg[/quote)

6180 is at the forward davit of the most forward tender, and 6210 is at the aft davit of the most aft tender. Thusly you can figure out where your Cat 07 is located.

• 8 years later...