Allure and special request for a lounger on balcony

FireandIce2

We will be going on our first cruise in just under 3 weeks and are super excited!!! We have booked a superior ocean view balcony cabin but it doesn't come with a lounger. Can I request one?

Just a little background, I have heart disease as well as stage 2 heart failure. My heart works at 35-38% and I have a implanted sparky....hahaha (Defibulater) I ve been stable for a year now so after getting the go ahead from all my doctors we booked the Allure ..... Go big or go home they say lol.:p

So here is my issue; because my heart doesn't pump very well I deal with a lot of swelling in my legs and ankles especially when I'm walking a lot and it's hot out. My cardiologist said just take it easy and keep your legs up....which is fine when we are on the decks but when we go back to the cabin I would love to be able to enjoy my balcony and not just sit up in bed watching the ocean go by through the windows.

Do I make a request to RCCL or do I just ask the Cabin Stewad for one? Will the balcony be big enough for a lounger? I would even settle for some sort of foot stool. We did book this cruise through a TA so does the request have to come from the TA?

Thanks for any advise:)

Your problem might be that the balcony will not be large enough for a lounger. I've been in those ocean view balcony cabins and a lounger would not have fit because of how narrow the balconies are. Instead of a full lounger you could ask for a foot rest. I wish you good luck and hope you can be accommodated.

Edited by kitty9

Have been on the Allure and the balcony cabins I've seen could not accommodate a lounger. Have you consider purchasing an Inflatable Travel Foot Rest just to be on the safe side ? Yes there this is such a thing. Just do a GOOGLE search

Edited by xxoocruiser

• 4 months later...