How much are buckets of beer?

JamieEvan

We're sailing the Majesty in a couple weeks. Just wondering if anyone recalls how much the buckets of beer cost. I'm trying to figure out about how much money we'll be spending during our trip. Thanks!

We're sailing the Majesty in a couple weeks. Just wondering if anyone recalls how much the buckets of beer cost. I'm trying to figure out about how much money we'll be spending during our trip. Thanks!

you'll need help from people who have the price list for each beer. the bucket special is by 6 bottles for the price of 5. and you can mix and match.

so basically the bucket price can vary a bit.

you'll need help from people who have the price list for each beer. the bucket special is by 6 bottles for the price of 5. and you can mix and match.

so basically the bucket price can vary a bit.

Oh, okay. I didn't realize all the beers were different prices.

What, you say? Buckets of beer? Are you saying that I can get a bucket of Coronas? Just how much would that be? You will have to excuse my enthusiasm, but I will be cruising with NCL for the first time (ever).

Well you are in for a treat. Often they have buy 5 get one free specials. On the Star last March they had it every day! $25 like sourpatch says should work pretty close, including gratuity, if you are trying to figure out what you will spend. And if you like to share, please let us know what cruise you will be on! :)

It was $25 on the Gem earlier this month too. That was for 6 bottles of Bud Light (buy 5 and get one free). Be aware they also will charge you a $5 deposit for the bucket (it was actually a plastic football helmet). They give you a separate receipt for the bucket deposit. You need to keep that receipt and turn it in with the bucket to get the $5 deposit refunded. In my case, the server by the pool screwed up and took my bucket and my receipt but it never refunded the $5 to my account. I tried to clear it up at the front desk a couple days later, but they never figured it out. I finally decided $5 was not worth letting it bother me on my vacation. Without the receipt, you cannot get the $5 refunded. Or so a bartender told me. For a while, I could not find the receipt. I also noticed another passenger with a bucket of Coronas as well. Not sure what all brands you can get or if they are all the same price.

On the Jewel in March...hubby and I split a bucket...a few times. I got 3 Miller Lites....he got 3 assorted others. We were never charged the $5 for the plastic bucket......and we had several buckets through out the cruise.

Epic Eastern Caribbean July 31st 2010

I would gladly share my bucket of Coronas with you! I must let you know that I am a NY Jet fan so you might see the #4 Favre jersey until I can get my hands on a Sanchez one.

On the Jewel in March...hubby and I split a bucket...a few times. I got 3 Miller Lites....he got 3 assorted others. We were never charged the $5 for the plastic bucket......and we had several buckets through out the cruise.

AFC, not a problem!:D If the ship you are on serves the beers in a helmet shaped bucket (Packer Gold, of course!:cool:) you will probably get charged the $5 deposit. If it is just a plastic bucket, you won't. We've had them both ways.

Archived