Cruising during Christmas WHAT is it like? What to take?

LINANRIC

I wear my usual cruise wear (jeans and t-shirts during the day) and usually something a little nicer/neater for dinner, Carnival may make one of the formal nights on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day if not then it the standard Business/Vacation casual type of attire.

On all my past Christmas sailings we were greeted upon boarding the ship with free glasses of Chanpagne and there was Egg Nog (with and without Alcohol) in a dispensers by the beverage dispenser bank in the Lido Deck Buffet area. Ship is decorated with wreaths, garland and at least 1 terr all over the ship and there is usually a designated day and time for Carol Singing in the Atrium Lobby and a program put on by the Camp Carnival kids.

I'm on the Glory this year and doing B2B Christmas & New Year's on Miracle next year ........... woo hoo! :D

Well thanks for the input. I will be taking something dressy for like Christmas and my usual Cruise wear clothing. I will have a couple of dressy tops to wear during the week too for dinner.. THANKS

Woohooo is right, look at my upcoming sailings. do the Miracle B2B for Christmas and New Years this year... cannnoooott wait

Yeah ....... did Christmas and New Year's B2B back in 2004 on the Legend (when she did the run out of Fort Lauderdale) and it was awesome, especially leisurely breakfast, telling Lido deck crew we'd see them later for lunch (yeah okay ma'am have a good trip home ....... hours later .......... yeah you are still here!) and watching the new folk try to find their way around.

Would have done one this year but did the Pride's Panama Canal sailing for 14 night in March/April instead.

We did a Christmas cruise last year on the Sensation. Not only do you get a glass of champagne upon boarding but everywhere I was walking around they kept topping it up. As you can guess the muster drill I felt like the ship was moving.:D

Santa was also onboard and the ship was decorated with the usual Chrismas decorations.

Our experience was that they did not vary the "formal" nights based on the holiday. In other words, Christmas eve and Christmas day were not formal but that did not stop people from dressing up if they wanted to.

You can't go wrong dressing up!

Our ship was decorated with Christmas tree and menorah since we sailed through Hanukkah also.

We did, however, find some of the staff to be a little sad. Remember, it may be hard for some of them to be away from their family over the holiday.

Pictures of our Christmas cruise our in my links below.

Archived