What's the cheapest longer cruise you've taken?

The previous poster is right; many times with cruises that require expensive air, the cruise itself is very well priced.

We normally only fly using FF miles, so that is why some of our Transatlantic or Med cruises are a good deal. If we had to pay for the flights, that would be a different story. A cruise that is $50pp a night is not a bargain if air is $1500 pp.

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the Caribbean Princess Jan 26-31 2015, paid $219pp for a balcony, and got $100 pp in onboard credit. Had no plans to cruise at the time, but when I saw that price (in mid-December) I made sure I could get the time off and booked it. I don't think I'll ever see a price like that again.

My cruise next month wasn't a bad deal-$699 pp for a balcony cabin on the Royal Princess, with free gratuities and $125 pp onboard credit, but part of that was from a future cruise deposit.

Just booked Carnival Inspiration 4 Days out of Los Angeles for $1,150 total with gratuities, taxes and fees for 4 people. And our airfare all together was $900 with baggage. So I don't think that was too bad! & we are super excited about the new upgrades to the ship...never had Guy's burgers before looking forward to it!

• 3 weeks later...
As I re-read this thread...

A LOT of these good deals are on cruises where airfare is pricey (at least fro US)--transatlantics, overseas, even San Juan.

Not as many on Caribbean cruises (not starting in San Juan). Still feeling pretty good about the value of the cruises we have booked over the years.

Boy are you right ! All the cruises where we've flown to , the air was the same price as the cruise price .

Last summer (2014) there were a boatload of Alaskan OV cruises were at 400 PP some with OBC .

Air was more then double that and that was for the cheapest non-direct economy plus luggage surcharges .

• 3 weeks later...

The best cruise deal I ever got was in September of 2014, a 23 night transpacific cruise from San Francisco to Sydney on Celebrity Century for $799pp, taxes and tips were extra, but also got $250 shareholder credit. :D

Choice Air (now AIR2SEA) from Sydney back to LAX on Hawaiian Air was only $619pp. :eek: :) :cool:

Edited by teecee60

RCCL Grandeur of the Seas - 10 day Caribbean cruise $500 per person inside cabin.

NCL Epic - 7 day Caribbean cruise during spring break $350 per person for a balcony. I still can't get over how little I paid for that cruise. I even drove down to Miami for it!

• 1 month later...

I paid $125pp on a 10 day Journeys cruise on Carnival. We paid $200pp for airfare to San Juan & the ship brought us back to Baltimore. So for a total of $650, we got a 10 day Southern Caribbean cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

So, I know this thread is older, but I have a related questions that I hope is OK to asknow here. Many people who responded about great deals did acknowledge that airfare was sometimes more than the cruise or the same price. And people stated that airfare, although expensive at last minute, it didn't impact them because the used frequent flyer miles or points. So, I have a quick question about how you all racked up the frequent flyer miles so that they offset travel costs. Do you travel a lot in general or are you just enrolled in such a great program that it is easy to get enough points to fly international for the cruise deals?

So, I know this thread is older, but I have a related questions that I hope is OK to asknow here. Many people who responded about great deals did acknowledge that airfare was sometimes more than the cruise or the same price. And people stated that airfare, although expensive at last minute, it didn't impact them because the used frequent flyer miles or points. So, I have a quick question about how you all racked up the frequent flyer miles so that they offset travel costs. Do you travel a lot in general or are you just enrolled in such a great program that it is easy to get enough points to fly international for the cruise deals?

Many airlines have credit cards associated with the them that will give you enough miles for one ticket after you spend a minimum amount in a preset amount of time (like $1000 on three months). I only do this one every couple of years to avoid a big hit to my credit rating. Also watch for double or more rewards periods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I am just reading this and I have the feeling that my cheapest cruise was my very first cruise, when I didn't know anything about cruising. We paid $699 each for a mid-aft balcony on the Caribbean Princess southern Caribbean 7day cruise from San Jose. That was in mid Nov 2011 and we booked it on Halloween night in Oct 2011 (so no more than 2 weeks from embarkation date). Since then our cruises have been far more expensive...our 12 day Med cruise was $1300 each for a mid-aft balcony on Ruby Princess in Oct 2013, our 7 day Alaskan cruise on Pacific Princess was even higher at $1700 each in Sept 2014 in a aft balcony and in May 2016, a whopping $3600 each for an 11 day Baltic cruise in a mid-aft balcony on Regal Princess.

I am well aware inflation and supply/demand and the ship rating may all have an influence on the price, but I am getting the feeling I may have to try a different cruise line...just in case they are taking me for granted. Am I being paranoid or is the there a time to book a cruise e.g within 3 weeks of embarkation dates for the best price?

Any comments and advice would be welcome.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've had a couple of 12 day med balcony cruises for around $1,100 cdn each but for the longest, it's probably this November on Connie. Before taxes (which are a lot for the Suez) it's $899 Canadian each for a 15 day cruise in a 2A balcony. Rome to Abu Dhabi. Air was $1,040 each Canadian on BA

• 4 weeks later...

celebrity summit 2015 6 night reposition cruise $250 pp OV. of course later the front desk threw it in my face how little i paid when i had an issue with the loud theater practices during the day could not get any naps in. all in all damn cheap , the food was a touch above RC and entertainment very good.

did a sky scrapers and rodeo cruise (ny to islands then galveston) with gramps 12 nights 550 pp.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For us, we have a home construction business and charge many business items and construction material to our credit card. It might not be the best program out there, but since we've gotten to an elite level, we get other perks as well. We pay off the balance each month; otherwise not a good deal.

To get good flights to far away destinations, you have to be flexible or book far away. However, we have flown all over the world, sometimes in business class for years and haven't bought a flight for a while. Some of the best deals are on one-ways to or from Europe, which we use doing transatlantic cruises.

• 3 weeks later...

The one I have booked for Christmas and new years 16 days Oceanview on Holland $1500 each for hubby and I anf the kid is $769 then I cashed in Holland credit card points for $800 towards the cruise so the kid ends up being free. So $3,000 for 3 people 16 days

Sent from my SM-G930U using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
WOW! It DOES sound too good to be true. I've done a little online research (Trip Advisor etc)' date=' and so far I can't find any negative comments about the People to People program. (I like to be particularly careful - guess I'm just a little bit of a sceptic)

Sounds very interesting!!! Thanks for sharing![/quote']

This does sound like it's worth checking out!! Thanks:cool:

• 4 months later...

My Father and I have taken some really nice Trans Atlantic Cruises with Royal Caribbean.

San Juan-Barcelona $649 Oceanview 14 nights Serenade Of The Seas

New Orleans-Rome 15 nights Ocean View $900.

Santos(Sao Paulo)-Barcelona $900 Explorer Of The Seas Oceanview.

Barcelona-Dubai Splendour Of The Seas $900 Oceanview Splendour Of The Seas.

The best deal through my work in Tourism

Cunard Back2 Back Mediteranian from Athens-Rome-Western Med-Rome $125 per person(just had to pay taxes) Interior 14 nnights Cunard Queen Elziabeth 2

$125 Per Person Coral Princess Fort Lauderdale-Los Angeles Panama Cana $125(Taxes) per person Interior was upgraded to Oceanview 2 days into cruise due to issue with cabin. We lucked out as someone disembarked due to a medical condition.

Got last minute airfare from San Jose-Ft.Lauderdale and Los Angles -San Jose for $440 per person 2 weeks before sailing.

In April 2018 we booked a T15 night Tampa-Amsterdam Cruise on Royal Caribbean Brilliance Of The Seas $650 per person Interior Cabin(Oceanview is going for $1000 per person). We are now Emerald with Royal Caribbean and 8 nights away from Diamond after our upcoming cruise.