Which Cruise Would You Pick & Why?

hschlink

Hi All,

We would like to go on a cruise at the end of next summer so I've found some that will work. I'm having a hard time picking the best one and I'm just curious which you would pick and why?

The things I enjoy most at ports are snorkeling, food, and beaches :-) Also, this would by my 3rd Carnival Cruise...I've never sailed on any of these ships before so any input on them would be great! :D

7 Day on Magic (Port Canaveral)

Visits: Amber Cove, St. Thomas (been there), San Juan (been there), & Grand Turk

$484/person

7 Day on Glory (Miami)

Visits: Grand Cayman (been there), Mahogany Bay (been there), Belize (been there), Cozumel (been there)

$444/person

8 Day on Splendor (Miami)

Visits: Grand Turk, San Juan (been there), St. Kitts, & St. Maarten

$514/person

8 Day on Valor (Port Canaveral)

Visits: Aruba, Curacao, and Grand Turk

$524/person

$514/person

This would be my pick. Not too many days at sea. I like cruising out of Miami - good spot for the one day precruise. Love Splendor. For St. Kitts, I would get a day pass at the Marriott - food, beach and snorkeling all in one. :) St. Maarten is great to watch the planes at Maho Beach.

Hi All,

We would like to go on a cruise at the end of next summer so I've found some that will work. I'm having a hard time picking the best one and I'm just curious which you would pick and why?

The things I enjoy most at ports are snorkeling, food, and beaches :-) Also, this would by my 3rd Carnival Cruise...I've never sailed on any of these ships before so any input on them would be great! :D

Visits: Amber Cove, St. Thomas (been there), San Juan (been there), & Grand Turk

$484/person

7 Day on Glory (Miami)

Visits: Grand Cayman (been there), Mahogany Bay (been there), Belize (been there), Cozumel (been there)

$444/person

$514/person

$524/person

I would take the Valor just for the stops, as well as the extra day.

Splendor for the ports.

Valor has a good itinerary too. And it will be recently out of drydock (2.0 but not all 2.0 upgrades) so a little more fresher looking.

However, the Magic is going to Amber Cove, the new Carnival built port on the north shore of DR. There are construction delays at present but it should be open and had reviews by the time your cruise comes around.

This one

$524/person

Or this one

$484/person

All good options though, but those two would be my first choices in that order. Enjoy whatever you decide.

$484/person

7 Day on Glory (Miami)

$444/person

$514/person

$524/person

My preference would be (If I had an identical cruise history to you):

1.Valor - for Aruba and Curacao.

2 Splendor - for the two saints.

3. Magic - for the ship.

4. Glory - lowest price.

Edited by Towel Critter

Hi All,

$484/person

7 Day on Glory (Miami)

$444/person

$514/person

$524/person

I would choose the Magic or the Valor...go to ports you have not been to. the Splendor is nice...but does not have the 2.0 upgrades.

Hi All,

$514/person

I have not been on the Splendor so can't speak to the ship. The price per person is good. I love cruising so, while 7 days is good, 8 days is better.

I like sailing out of Miami, however, why fly into Ft. Lauderdale for better airfare.

You have only been to one port so seeing new ports is fun. Grand Turk and St. Maarten have good beaches.

I haven't been to the other two port either. I can imagine San Juan has good food.

Enjoy!

Do you like sea days? If not then I would definitely say the magic. Otherwise not sure you could go wrong. I've been to all of the ports except Amber cove and grand Turk (crossing that off the list in November). St Maarten has my favorite beaches. Curaçao has some "canned snorkeling" experiences like snorkeling at a sunken tugboat. Curaçao also has unique food. If I were you I would pick a ship that has the 2.0 upgrades, check the time in each port and how many sea days.

$514/person

We did this itinerary last year on the Freedom and loved it!! It was all new ports to us and I would love to get to do it again.

$524/person

Aruba and Curacao are both on my bucket list and I loved GT! Hoping to get to return there again one day.

That being said, I think either of these would be great as far as the itinerary is concerned. I've never sailed either of these ships so I can't speak for that. For me, an eight day will trump a seven day almost every time.

Looking forward to hearing what you decided and reading a review when you return. :)

8 days for sure! Plus Valor is supposed to get an upgrade next April? And it's a nice size ship at least for me. I've gone on just one 8-day cruise and that extra day was really great....

Aruba to me wasn't all that, but Curacao is now one of my favorite ports to visit. But I love to walk and sightsee and window shop, don't know anything at all about the shore excursions, so you should take my "like" with a grain of salt.

My second choice would probably be the itinerary with St. Kitts and St. Maarten but only because I've never been there....and to me San Juan is always great.

I was on Splendor 5X last year and it's the only Carnival ship I've ever been on. Leaving from NY was a plus but that will end.

Out of your choices, I'd still say Splendor...I like that itinerary.

Hoping to sail her from Miami this winter.....

Splendor. We never got to Saint Kitts on my Liberty cruise, but many say that the beaches are great. Sint Maarten has amazing snorkeling and the airplane beach is a must-see, but the French beaches are also beautiful. San Juan has your food, and possibly a ship day if you want to have a less-crowded ship day, and Grand Turk is all about the beach. So pretty and it's right next to the ship.

You're in for a great cruise!