Bragging Rights - Right or Wrong?

In locker room after fitness class last evening:

Lady1: Hi, I noticed your cruising tshirt during class. I can’t wait for my cruise, first time for me.

Lady2: (blank look) Well, when you get at least 10 under your belt, we can talk.

Lady1: (surprised look) Oh, no, I am just excited and I saw your tshirt.

Lady2: I get all sorts of perks, gifts and complimentary limousine service in every port because I am Platinum status. I dine at the Captain’s table every cruise. I could brag, but I won’t.

Lady1: Wow!

I watched the entire exchange and was taken aback at how “elitist” Lady2 was. Lady1 was just making conversation. Lady2 turned her back and gathered her stuff. Lady1 looked around and walked off.

Is this true about the comp limo and captain table dining?

Lady1: Hi, I noticed your cruising tshirt during class. I can’t wait for my cruise, first time for me.

Lady2: (blank look) Well, when you get at least 10 under your belt, we can talk.

Lady2: I get all sorts of perks, gifts and complimentary limousine service in every port because I am Platinum status. I dine at the Captain’s table every cruise. I could brag, but I won’t.

I watched the entire exchange and was taken aback at how “elitist” Lady2 was. Lady1 was just making conversation. Lady2 turned her back and gathered her stuff. Lady1 looked around and walked off.

Perhaps -- but #2 did not sound like a lady in any event.

Unless Lady 2 has been on 100 or so cruises and booking a suite, she is not getting a comped limo. Each line is different, but on Princess, the 40 most traveled (nights with Princess) passengers are invited to (usually) lunch (other times) a cocktail party with the Captain. If a lunch, then the 3 most traveled will sit at the captain's table. The other passengers would sit with other officers

Comped limo, captain's table … so what? I would really like to know if Lady2 is a member of CC, and if so, if she has read this thread. I would hope so, and that she thinks twice about her attitude. So, Lady 2, you know who you are. Shame on you!

I don't sail the lines that might comp a limo for a very well paying passenger. but then, a person who could afford that would probably have a personal trainer...

If anyone at that level got a comped limo, I would suspect it would be comped by the TA from their significant commission. EM

Fortunately, most people are not like Lady 2. I enjoy speaking with newbies and sharing their excitement. It's very enjoyable to see things through their eyes and listen to them talk about their plans as they anticipate their first cruise.

Unless Lady 2 has been on 100 or so cruises and booking a suite, she is not getting a comped limo. Each line is different, but on Princess, the 40 most traveled (nights with Princess) passengers are invited to (usually) lunch (other times) a cocktail party with the Captain. If a lunch, then the 3 most traveled will sit at the captain's table. The other passengers would sit with other officers

If this woman is Platinum on Princess, then she probably wouldn't be among the most traveled passengers to get the Captain luncheon.

My guess is that she often makes things up, especially to strangers who probably don't know better.

I would have been tempted to ask her oh, which cruise line is that? And unless she said something like Seabourne or other premium lines (as I don't know what benes loyal passengers get on those), I would have said, hmm, and let the other woman (in front of her) know that it's not true.

The only limo I know about was on Crystal when you took a full world cruise, and that was from your home to the airport, and I'm not sure they do that anymore. I've never heard of any mainstream line that provides limo service, not even on Celebrity for their Zenith members. I just wish I would have been there with "Lady" 2 because I would have told her to talk to me after she's got as many cruises under her belt as I have. She'd shut her mouth.

And I would have responded "When I get 10 cruises and you are on my cruise, should your face catch fire, I wouldn't put it out with a baseball bat. Have a nice day you elitist snob".

Agreed.

Originally Posted by navybankerteacher View Post

Perhaps -- but #2 did not sound like a lady in any event

What sparks1093 said would be my response to be quick. navybankerteacher is also right.:)There are people both on & off ships that have :eek: no class

I bet (not)lady2 was referring to Captain Kangaroo...on the Love Boat to Fantasy Island..

These things may be true and offered to a frequent cruiser on luxury lines in their top suites. 10 cruises does not really qualify as frequent cruiser unless the cruises are really long, more than 4 weeks per cruise to faraway places.

So it is possibly true. It's is still snobbish.