Where's "Indy", the Coton de Tulear?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Ask a Cruise Question
Post your general cruise questions here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:42 PM.
Littleton, CO
89 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
I was watching an episode of "Dogs: 101" a few days ago, and they were profiling the Coton de Tulear. They showed a VERY cute Coton called "Indy" who is in show business with the owners. They are currently performing on cruise ships! How cute!! As a doggie lover, I was just curious what ship or cruise line they go on. On the show they did not mention which company they are with. Has anyone here seen Indy? (I'm just curious, it's not that I'm planning on booking a cruise because of a dog, *ahem* lol!)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~ Brandon & Ayna
Northeast Texas
16 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by Some1
I was watching an episode of "Dogs: 101" a few days ago, and they were profiling the Coton de Tulear. They showed a VERY cute Coton called "Indy" who is in show business with the owners. They are currently performing on cruise ships! How cute!! As a doggie lover, I was just curious what ship or cruise line they go on. On the show they did not mention which company they are with. Has anyone here seen Indy? (I'm just curious, it's not that I'm planning on booking a cruise because of a dog, *ahem* lol!)
Indy was on the Zuiderdam this past week! She is a little cutie and does a great job in the show. Her owner has a contract with Holland America.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ottawa area, Canada
3,689 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Wow, I would love to see a dog perform on a ship! Maybe they could book her on Noordam for next winter. HAL, are you listening?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

[email protected] Please put Cruise Critic in subject line.
25/2/18 Koningsdam-10 days,18/2/18 Koningsdam-7days, 19/2/17 Nieuw Amsterdam-14 days, 31/1/16 Eurodam-14 days, 24/1/15 Westerdam-7 days, 7/2/14 Noordam-21 days,
10/2/13 Nieuw Amsterdam-14 days, 29/1/12 Nieuw Amsterdam-14 days, 30/1/11 Nieuw Amsterdam-14 days, 24/1/10 Noordam-20 days, 9/2/09 Galaxy-10 days, 15/3/08 Zuiderdam-18 days, 23/2/07 Galaxy-10 days,
1/2/06 Volendam-10 days, 10/3/05 Maasdam-10 days, 1/2/03 Zaandam-7 days, 14/6/52 Leerdam
Littleton, CO
89 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Thanks for the responses. To be honest, I wouldn't mind at all if they replaced cruise directors with cute little doggies.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~ Brandon & Ayna
5 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Just saw a repeat of this same episode with the segment of little Indy. We are owned by a male coton (Augie) and would love to have a "coton fix" on our next cruise. They say the girl cotons love you, but the boy cotons are in love with you... LOL Trust me, once you meet one, you will want one.
1 Posts
Joined May 2011
Originally posted by Some1
I just saw them on the Zuiderdam last month! Indy the Magic dog and her assistant, comedy-magician Jeff Peterson, will be performing on Holland America's Veendam May - October of 2011
Jersey Shore
9,163 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
Originally posted by konagirl1953
Just saw a repeat of this same episode with the segment of little Indy. We are owned by a male coton (Augie) and would love to have a "coton fix" on our next cruise. They say the girl cotons love you, but the boy cotons are in love with you... LOL Trust me, once you meet one, you will want one.
We have a male Coton de Tulear named Tiki. He just turned a year old. You have no idea the joy he has brought into our lives. Our boys are all grown, so he is my replacement baby. I think what you say about the girl Cotons vs. the boy Cotons is true. My sister's Coton, Holly, is a sweetheart, but Tiki is the most loving dog in the world.

There are so many things to love about Cotons...they are small but adventurous and love to play hard. They aren't yappy, they love their owners, they love to travel, they're great with kids, they love everybody, they're smart as a whip...I could go on and on. We're actually contemplating getting another one! Our breeder has another litter and one of the little boys is calling our name!
Hobe Sound, FL
905 Posts
Joined May 2005
The episode is airing now (6/18/11), and Indy is on an RCCl Freedom class ship. On a HA ship now?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruisin' since the 70s - started young! Wish I'd known we were supposed to keep a tally... Sunward, Sunward II, Leeward, Emerald Seas, Norwegian Dream, Royal Caribbean's Adventure, Enchantment, Explorer, Navigator, Empress, Majesty, Monarch, Radiance, Brilliance, Serenade, Jewel, Freedom, Independence, Liberty, and Oasis of the Seas, and Celebrity's Eclipse, Summit, Equinox, Solstice, Constellation, and Infinity. Next up - Reflection in April

Milwaukee, WI
1,672 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
We just got off the Veendam and Indy was onboard, she will be on the Veendam on the Bermuda route until the end of the Bermuda season and then will be switching over to the Panama Canal Route on HAL
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Royal Caribbean Diamond, Celebrity Elite, Holland America Star Mariner
SoCal, USA
6,339 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Here's a thread from the HAL board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1457137
I didn't know about this breed of dog until I read the thread, then I had to look up the Animal Planet episode on YouTube. This is the cutest dog ever (sshh... don't tell my Dobie I said this )! I hope to sail with Indy someday.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
^_^
born2tvl at yahoo dot com (please put "Cruise Critic" in subject line)
CRUISERS from California - Click here

UPCOMING CRUISES:

GREAT MEMORIES: NCL Dawn W. Caribbean (7 days) March 2017 ~ Westerdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Oct 2016 (4 stars! ) ~ Nieuw Amsterdam Alaska Inside Passage (7 days) May 2016 ~ NCL Sun Mexican Riviera (w/ Acapulco and Manzanillo) (11 days) October 2015 (the sweet suite life!) ~ Noordam Alaska Inside Passage (7 days) May 2015 (Bronze Medallion!) ~ Noordam Pacific Coastal (4 days) May 2015 ~ Zuiderdam Alaska Inside Passage (7 days) May 2013 ~ Zuiderdam Pacific Coastal (4 days) May 2013 ~ Zaandam Mexican Riviera (w/ Loreto) (8 days) Apr 2013 ~ Oosterdam Circle Hawaii (14 days) Mar 2012 ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Dec 2011 ~ Oosterdam Sea of Cortez (10 days) Apr 2011 (Mother/Daughter Cruise!) ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2010 (First DVS & Neptune Lounge!) ~ Carnival Spirit Alaska (7 days) June 2010 (aft-wrap!) ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2009 ~ NCL Star CTN (2 days) Nov 2009 ~ Carnival Elation Baja Mexico (5 days) Jan 2009 ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Apr 2008 ~ Golden Princess Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2007 ~ Monarch of the Seas Baja Mexico (3 days) Jun 2005 ~ Ryndam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2003 ~ Viking Serenade Baja Mexico (4 days) Apr 2001 (Dad's 85th B-Day!) ~ Maasdam Panama Canal (full transit) (10 days) Apr 2000 ~ Rotterdam V Alaska (7 days) Aug 1997 (I'm hooked!)
105,278 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Indy is adorable -- we were on the Zuiderdam with Indy in 2009 -- loved the show.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising is a wonderful way to enjoy retirement!
Stopped counting a few years ago -- have done over 140 cruises.
SoCal, USA
6,339 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by Krazy Kruizers
I tried the link mentioned but it didn't work -- maybe this one will:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...highlight=indy
Thanks KK. Don't know what I did wrong.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
^_^
born2tvl at yahoo dot com (please put "Cruise Critic" in subject line)
CRUISERS from California - Click here

UPCOMING CRUISES:

GREAT MEMORIES: NCL Dawn W. Caribbean (7 days) March 2017 ~ Westerdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Oct 2016 (4 stars! ) ~ Nieuw Amsterdam Alaska Inside Passage (7 days) May 2016 ~ NCL Sun Mexican Riviera (w/ Acapulco and Manzanillo) (11 days) October 2015 (the sweet suite life!) ~ Noordam Alaska Inside Passage (7 days) May 2015 (Bronze Medallion!) ~ Noordam Pacific Coastal (4 days) May 2015 ~ Zuiderdam Alaska Inside Passage (7 days) May 2013 ~ Zuiderdam Pacific Coastal (4 days) May 2013 ~ Zaandam Mexican Riviera (w/ Loreto) (8 days) Apr 2013 ~ Oosterdam Circle Hawaii (14 days) Mar 2012 ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Dec 2011 ~ Oosterdam Sea of Cortez (10 days) Apr 2011 (Mother/Daughter Cruise!) ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2010 (First DVS & Neptune Lounge!) ~ Carnival Spirit Alaska (7 days) June 2010 (aft-wrap!) ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2009 ~ NCL Star CTN (2 days) Nov 2009 ~ Carnival Elation Baja Mexico (5 days) Jan 2009 ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Apr 2008 ~ Golden Princess Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2007 ~ Monarch of the Seas Baja Mexico (3 days) Jun 2005 ~ Ryndam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2003 ~ Viking Serenade Baja Mexico (4 days) Apr 2001 (Dad's 85th B-Day!) ~ Maasdam Panama Canal (full transit) (10 days) Apr 2000 ~ Rotterdam V Alaska (7 days) Aug 1997 (I'm hooked!)
Las Vegas
9 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Hello again all. I am Indy's mom and of course magician, Jeff Peterson's wife.

I have not signed on in a while. We just sailed into New York on the Veendam. We are awaiting another delicious HAL room service meal before we see the city. Jeff and Indy have only two more cruises on the Veendam before a much needed vacation at home in Las Vegas.

On November 4th Jeff and Indy join the Zuiderdam for 10 and 11 day Panama Canal cruises. They will NOT be on the ship January 6-16, 2012.

Thank you for all your kind comments about the show and Indy. I am a very proud mom and wife. Attached are two photos for all your enjoyment.

Keep in touch. ~ Margaux
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Indy & Jeff Crop sm.jpg (11.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Hi sm.jpg (21.8 KB, 9 views)
Hamilton, Ontario
1,780 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
When I was on the Eurodam last fall, there was a magician (tall blond fellow, forgot his name) and he had 2 miniature poodles that were in his act. They were so cute, but it seemed kinda weird seeing dogs on a cruise ship. I wondered how the dogs liked being at sea?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Koningsdam October 24, 2016, 16 days, Trans-Atlantic from Rome
Nieuw Amsterdam Nov 22 2015, 21 days B2B2B Caribbean
Royal Princess Mar 29/15 10 day Southern Caribbean
Nieuw Amsterdam Nov 30 2014 14 day B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean
Regal Princess Nov 23 2014 7 day E. Caribbean
Zaandam July 11 2014 Alaska - Tracy Arm 7 day
Emerald Princess Mar. 29 2014 10 day E. Caribbean
Maasdam Dec 6 2013 - 14 day Southern Caribbean
Maasdam Apr 1 2013 Eastern Caribbean 11 day
Grand Princess - November 2012 14 day