Poll: What Would You Like to See Aboard Royal Caribbean's New Ships

CCShayne

What would you like to find aboard Royal Caribbean's new ship(s)?  

1,240 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to find aboard Royal Caribbean's new ship(s)?

• Affordable family cabins that sleep up to five.
    • A large, temperature controlled, adults-only solarium.
    • An underwater specialty restaurant or bar.
    • A lazy river.
    • Bungee jumping off the bow.
    • Fewer smoking areas.

In our original thread, we asked you to tell us exactly what you'd like to find aboard Royal Caribbean's new ship(s), and more than 200 of you responded. To make it more official, we're narrowing down the choices and asking you to vote in our poll.

Click here for more details on the upcoming ship(s), and to find out what your fellow cruisers are hoping for, before you vote.

Underwater Bar couldn't work because the pressure is so huge on the windows. It would break! (At least I think...) Nice idea, though!;)

I think there are such things as 'watertight' windows, where they can withstand enormous pressure. :confused:

I voted for the lazy river and less smoking. Though I haven't been on a ship and I haven't experienced how smokey it actually is, I read posts about smoking areas filled with smoke, and the smell of smoke bothers me here on land.

Y'all didn't use my suggestion of using a GPS system to stop the ships if they try to leave the Caribbean or the Gulf? LOL

Underwater Bar couldn't work because the pressure is so huge on the windows. It would break! (At least I think...) Nice idea, though!;)

One of RCI's earliest ships had windows that looked into the main pool from a corridor on one of the passenger decks, and of course, aquariums are made of glass that can withstand tremendous pressure. Frankly it may not always be a great idea to be able to view what is going on underwater in the pool.;) One of Carnival's ships had a glass dance floor that was located directly above another lounge. Some unsuspecting female passengers were not thrilled when they learned about the view that they were providing others below.:eek:

Y'all didn't use my suggestion of using a GPS system to stop the ships if they try to leave the Caribbean or the Gulf? LOL

Just curious...why would you not want ships to leave the Caribbean or the Gulf? I for one can't wait to do a Mediterranean cruise.

There are glass-bottom boats and shallow depth submarines with windows, so it could work. The windows would probably have to be fairly close to the water line so that there wouldn't be too much pressure.

It's possible. There was a window in the deepest diving bell, and that had thousands of times the pressure.

Since the crew and equipment is typically below the water line, most likely, any bar or restaurant with underwater windows would look into the pool, or have the pool floor as a skylight (waterlight?).

This is done on land quite frequently, and is not a big deal in terms of pressure. See the Atlanta aquarium which has a huge window, or the restaurant at the Living Seas at EPCOT which also has a huge window into the tank.

Maybe they could even do a large saltwater aquarium that you could snorkel in, and that would have windows into the bar or restaurant. (as at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon, which has a saltwater snorkel area with sharks and other fish, and with large windows).

a lazy river would be so awesome! or just some type of large shallow pool for people to lay in and just relax in the sun.

i would also love fewer smoking areas. the smoking really gets to me and frankly, having fewer smoking areas would promote better health!

i would also love different themed restaurants that are included in the price like how Norwegian and Disney do it. it's nice to feel like we're going somewhere different for dinner.

i would also like more activities to be geared towards younger people. granted, i know a lot of seniors cruise, but a lot of young people are beginning to cruise too. as much as i love cruising, i do find myself bored at times.

perhaps a bowling alley and better shows. the shows, especially on the explorer have been going on for way too long. a chance is necessary!

i would also like more activities to be geared towards younger people. granted, i know a lot of seniors cruise, but a lot of young people are beginning to cruise too. as much as i love cruising, i do find myself bored at times.

Your complaints seem contrary to those of many posters who feel that RCI focuses too much attention on younger passengers with the flowriders, zip lines, rock walls, WII games, basketball courts, mini golf courses, bungee trampolines, ice skating rinks, H20 zones, video arcades, and now the Dreamworks characters. None of the above are there because they primarily appeal to seniors. Perhaps you haven't sailed with RCI for a while if you have missed all of these features.

As far as shows go, Hairspray and Chicago on Oasis and Allure and Saturday Night Live, the Musical and the introduction of 3D movies and large screen programming by the pool, indicate a growing trend in onboard entertainment that should keep you from being bored. You do have to realize that the costs of mounting many of the shows requires that they continue them for several years so if you sail a specific ship frequently you are, of necessity, see some of the same shows year after year.

Actually, IMO RCI does a pretty good job of offering things that will appeal to multi-generational passengers. :)

I voted for a lazy river. We don't swim in the pools on the ship but it would be nice to have this option. I would love to see a lazy river on ANY cruiseline.

We haven't sailed on RC in a few years and can't wait to see the improvements.

Your complaints seem contrary to those of many posters who feel that RCI focuses too much attention on younger passengers with the flowriders, zip lines, rock walls, WII games, basketball courts, mini golf courses, bungee trampolines, ice skating rinks, H20 zones, video arcades, and now the Dreamworks characters. None of the above are there because they primarily appeal to seniors. Perhaps you haven't sailed with RCI for a while if you have missed all of these features.

As far as shows go, Hairspray and Chicago on Oasis and Allure and Saturday Night Live, the Musical and the introduction of 3D movies and large screen programming by the pool, indicate a growing trend in onboard entertainment that should keep you from being bored. You do have to realize that the costs of mounting many of the shows requires that they continue them for several years so if you sail a specific ship frequently you are, of necessity, see some of the same shows year after year.

Actually, IMO RCI does a pretty good job of offering things that will appeal to multi-generational passengers. :)

Not just multi-generational, but attempting to meet the needs of all languages with most choices of entertainment - music, jugglers, magicians, acrobats, etc. Not everyone speaks english, but everyone can watch/enjoy these styles of entertainment. I think most cruise ships do a pretty good job on providing a variety of entertainment choices given their passenger demographics (RCI being the best of course).

Since the pools are rather small & most people just use them to cool off, a Lazy River would be fantastic if it were large enough...........

A larger, adult only, Solarium would also be nice. There seem to be more & more options for the young, physically active, cruisers but there are many of us who appreciate quiet time by the pool & there just isn't enough space!

!

There seem to be more & more options for the young, physically active, cruisers but there are many of us who appreciate quiet time by the pool & there just isn't enough space!

I guess it is a matter of individual perspective.:) If some feel that the ships are geared more to an older crowd while others feel that there are more options for the "young, physically active, cruisers," perhaps they are really offering a reasonable balance that caters to both types of clients. Either that or it is evidence that you cannot please everyone no matter how hard you try.;)

How about more cabins for solo cruisers..And better pricing for us solo's..

I would definitely cruise more often if they had better solo prices!! There are times when I just want to go alone and RELAX!

Bowling alley...

The bowling alley is hardly ever busy on the NCL ships so it may seem fun but not worth taking up the space for that.

I would like to go with three girlfriends and would like to be in a cabin that we could move around a little. Two lower beds and two uppers would be perfect along with at least two love seats and maybe a deeper balcony so you could put 4 chairs on it??? I'm not asking for too much..... :rolleyes:

Archived