oriana cruise to le harve (X208)

asda

my parents are sailing on oriana in june and will be visiting le harve, the ship is in port from about 7am till 9pm. looking at the trips p&o are offering they all include alot of walking.and they are not up to walking far anymore.

if they stay in le harve what is there to do? and does p&o offer a free shuttle bus out of the port into the town.?

they will be ok in zeebrugge as they are going on the shuttle bus into blankenberg and spending a few hours there. and guernsey they have been before.

any surgestions.

Honfleur is an option. P&O were doing a half day tour there last year and there wasn't much walking involved.

We actually took a taxi there from close to the ship and the driver gave us a guided tour of the area round Honfleur then dropped us off right in the centre so we could have a lovely lunch and stroll around the habour. Hardly any walking at all!!

Honfleur is an option. P&O were doing a half day tour there last year and there wasn't much walking involved.

We actually took a taxi there from close to the ship and the driver gave us a guided tour of the area round Honfleur then dropped us off right in the centre so we could have a lovely lunch and stroll around the habour. Hardly any walking at all!!

Tartanexile, do you know how much that cost you and did you prebook? We are in Le Havre on Sunday 27th of May and no car hire places are open and we don't want to do the ship excursion as it involves an hour and a half of walking. I am suffering with a bad back currently so we just fancy going to Honfleur in a taxi and eating lunch then coming back. Prices I've found so far though are looking like £100 just to do a round trip. Any advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks,

We went to Honfleur by taxi - 125 euros for 3 hours. There were four of us, so not so bad. No need to pre-book.

You don't have to do the walking part of the ship's excursion if you don't want to. Just ask what time and where to meet up with them again.

Tartanexile, do you know how much that cost you and did you prebook? We are in Le Havre on Sunday 27th of May and no car hire places are open and we don't want to do the ship excursion as it involves an hour and a half of walking. I am suffering with a bad back currently so we just fancy going to Honfleur in a taxi and eating lunch then coming back. Prices I've found so far though are looking like £100 just to do a round trip. Any advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks,

There's 10 of us together on that cruise and all want to do the same so we're hoping we can find a couple of taxis at the port. I had a look at buses but being a Sunday they don't run very often. Not having much luck with taxi firms on the Internet either!

There's 10 of us together on that cruise and all want to do the same so we're hoping we can find a couple of taxis at the port. I had a look at buses but being a Sunday they don't run very often. Not having much luck with taxi firms on the Internet either!

This is the official Le Havre taxi website: http://www.radiotaxi-lehavre.com/circuits_touristiques-radiotaxi_lehavre-76.aspx#charte_taxis_touring_havrais

Archived