The ultimate beverage package

BoozinCruizin

It's $49 a day and they add an automatic 15% gratuity. It must be purchased for the full trip and all eligible adults must purchase it in a room (so if you and a friend cruise, you both have to buy it for the whole cruise). It does not include some of the "higher end" brands of liquor (also lots of tequila is excluded). You cannot buy it in advance (we tried, LOL) but it does include unlimited non-alcholic drinks a la the soda package.

My husband and I worked it out and we'd each need to drink about 7 drinks a day to make it worth it for us, but we both drink a lot pretty easily on vacation and don't drink beer or alcohol.

We signed up for it 1/6/13 on the Dawn (6 of us in the garden villa). Got conflicting answers about "everyone in same room" vs. "everyone on same method of payment". Originally 5 signed up for it, but since I drink maybe 1 or 2 a day (and we got 6 bottles of liquor with the villa), I didn't want to buy it. We all used different credit cards, but by 2nd day, we got a call saying I needed to purchase it also. It was everyone or no one...so we dropped it. (my mother and sister made out better without it;) and think hubby and girls would have been close). It also has tax added to it which brought price over $400 pp for 7 days. My husband is a beer drinker and a bucket of 6 beers was around $32...and he usually has 1 1/2- 2 buckets per day on vacation...so we figured he would make out okay.My girls were drinking like it was going out of style every night (oh to be 23 and 25 again:)) You also have to factor in port days...we were off the ship for several hours for the 4 port days, so were paying for drinks in port too. Make sure you do the math before purchasing.;) And, you have to get the drinks at a bar or restaurant...no room service. And only one drink at a time.

Archived