Can you bring your own drinks onboard?

I've heard that you can bring 2 bottles of wine and a limited amount of sot drinks on board. Is this true? Are the dink cards worth the money or not?

Leaving May 09,2009 on the GLORY can not wait!!!!!!

The answers probably vary by cruse line. If you don't get answers here, try asking on the Carnival boards.

I think it is true on Carnival that you can bring two bottles of wine, though I think they will charge you the corkage fee. (Not sure though.) We always bring some soft drinks and water with us. Usually a 12 pack of diet coke and maybe 8 bottles of water. Ship water is good, so really don't need a lot of water. We always pack our soda in our checked bags. I know some people have luck with just putting a luggage tag on a case and having it delivered, but when we were on Valor, the porters told us it had to go in a bag.

Do a search on the Carnival board and you will get lots of answers on this...I see these questions asked a lot there.

I've heard that you can bring 2 bottles of wine and a limited amount of sot drinks on board. Is this true? Are the dink cards worth the money or not?

Yes, each adult can carry on a bottle of wine and a 'reasonable' amount of water/soft drinks. Some people pack the soft drinks in the checked luggage, some carry them on. We don't drink soft drinks and the water on board is as good or better than any bottled water.

Being you are traveling on CCL.. Yes you can bring a bottle of wine each on board, they will charge you the cork-age fee.. Soda and water, reasonable quantities.. Can't bring any other booze on board though..

As far as the soda card goes.. If you drink allot of soda then maybe might be worth it.. If there are two of you sailing and you both drink soda, you can always buy one soda card and stop at two different vendors for a soda.. (Just don't let the servers see you hand it over to the other person)

Have fun now...

No carry-on ETOH drinks allowed on Rccl, but the drink card is the way to go. about $40 for unlimited beverage is ok with me. I am going to bring a full 12pk of water on board. I hope they let me have it in my room.

No carry-on ETOH drinks allowed on Rccl, but the drink card is the way to go. about $40 for unlimited beverage is ok with me. I am going to bring a full 12pk of water on board. I hope they let me have it in my room.

Royal Caribbean allows you to bring reasonable amounts of sodas and water onboard with you. They just don't allow you to bring any alcohol.

One week to go for you... WOOHOO!!!:D

You are allowed one bottle of wine per person, the corkage fee is 10 bucks if you bring it to a restaurant. If you enjoy it in your room, there's no charge.

You can bring soda on board. I am a diet mountain dew fan and I'll bring a 12 pack on board the first day, then replenish at the ports when I run out. I've never had a problem before...

what if i do bring a bottle of liquor and just hide it?

possible?

Yes. Search on smuggle, liquor, booze, alcohol, rumrunner, etc and you will get tons of advice on how. Whatever you bring, be prepared to have it seized and *maybe* returned at the end. They did seize a large bottle from the suitcase of a friend on our cruise and left a note that it will not be returned.

Carnival allows one 750ml bottle of wine or champagne per cruiser and a reasonable amount of bottled water...unsure about soda. The card may be worth it...depends on how much soda you drink. I think its 3-4 per day to break even

We are going on RCCL in August and I have a couple of questions? Can we bring a bottle of wine, sodas and/or water aboard? Also how much is their soda card? First cruise ever...I am very nervous! I know it will be fun, but want to make sure I "have my ducks in a row". Thanks for all the advice.

So, my question is on Carnival, you can bring small quantities of water and soda and 1 bottle of wine. Do you pack it in your suitcase of just walk on with it? Or have it in a carry on? My first cruise, Im like the previous poster, trying to line all my ducks up...

So, my question is on Carnival, you can bring small quantities of water and soda and 1 bottle of wine. Do you pack it in your suitcase of just walk on with it? Or have it in a carry on? My first cruise, Im like the previous poster, trying to line all my ducks up...

Either is fine. Do what's convenient for you.

Archived