Leaving Soon and Problems with Scooter

kitty9

I'm leaving on a cruise soon, but I'm starting to have problems with my GoGo Elite Traveler. It's less than a year old, so I can't believe I'm having problems already. The biggest problem is, I cannot convince the place where I bought the scooter that there is a problem !!!! They are saying it's ME and not a problem with the scooter.

OK, so here's the situation, and I'm hoping someone here has had something similar. When you stop the scooter, but you don't turn it off, you hear a little click and the scooter is "braked" and shouldn't move. Mine used to do that, but not any more, and when I have it parked, it starts to move, without my using the forward lever. And now, it's just started doing this----when I turn on the key, even if I don't push the lever, it beeps and does not move. I know that if I try and press the forward lever too quickly after turning the key, it beeps, but now, it beeps every time I turn the key, and the scooter won't move.

The guy at the scooter store says it's my problem and that I'm not using the scooter correctly. He doesn't believe me that I'm not pressing the lever too quickly. I've even let him listen to the beeping over the phone, but he's adamant that it's my fault. He told me I need to take off the battery and put it back in place, but that didn't work either.

Any ideas or suggestions? I really can't have the scooter doing this on my cruise.

Darcie, I realize this is a holiday weekend and many places are closed today, but could you call another store that sells the same scooter and ask for advice?

Does the manufacturer's WEB site have an FAQ?

I know that you are a very smart lady and are good with technical things; so this guy's attitude really is offensive.

The first thing I would try would be the free wheeling lever. Push it toward the front of the scooter then push it back. If that doesn't work count the number of beeps. This should tell you what the problem is.

BEEP CODE

2 beeps

Battery voltage is too low to operate the

Travel Scooter.

Charge fully until charger and any meters

indicate completion.

3 beeps

Battery voltage is too high to operate the

Travel Scooter.

Contact your authorized Pride Provider for

assistance.

5 beeps

Solenoid brake trip. The manual freewheel

lever may be in the freewheel position.

Remove the key, then push the manual freewheel

lever to the drive position, restart your

Travel Scooter.

6 beeps

Throttle trip. The throttle control lever

may have been depressed while inserting

the key.

Release the throttle control lever completely,

then reinsert the key.

7 beeps

Throttle trip. The throttle control lever

may have been depressed while inserting

the key.

assistance.

8 beeps

The Travel Scooter’s motor is

disconnected.

assistance.

9 beeps

Possible controller trip. You may be

attempting to install the battery pack while the

key is inserted or the motor controller may

be in overheat protective mode.

Shut down your Travel Scooter for a minimum

of several minutes to allow the controller to

cool. Or, try reinserting the key into the key

How about taking it in to another dealer and have them check the throttle cable and throttle lever? We've had trouble with both of those, and the dealer has repaired them. Also, have them check the adjustment of the motor brake.....the free wheel lever. It seems that it must be one or the other. The last time we had it repaired, it was the brake. We didn't have the same problem you did, but similar.

Happy cruising!

Thank you for all the help, especially Clyde and the "beeps". I'm always getting the 6 beeps and I'm not pushing the throttle before turning the key. As soon as I turn the key, and just sit there, not touching anything, the beeping starts. I'm calling them on Monday and telling them they absolutely must come out and check on this baby.

Do you know about the yellow lever on the right rear of scooter? You need to take the key out and push that lever and see if you can push the scooter around without it being turned on..then move the yellow lever back, put the key in and start it.

Do you know about the yellow lever on the right rear of scooter? You need to take the key out and push that lever and see if you can push the scooter around without it being turned on..then move the yellow lever back, put the key in and start it.

Oh, yeah, I've done all that. I noticed the problem started during our trip to Orlando, right after we got it off the plane. I don't know if something happened there, or what, but that's when the problems started.

Hi Darcie,

Truly hope you were able to have your scooter repaired before

your cruise ! It certainly sounds like someone needed to

observe the problem in order to identify what needed repaired.

You have offered so much valuable advice on this board -

I hope you made some satisfactory arrangements for your

cruise.

Do have them follow the throttle cable all the way. It soulds like you have a small nick in the cable. This happened to me after a cruise. It took two months to find it. They had to replace my cable from one end to the other. I had a Shoprider.

Archived