Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > SeaDream Yacht Club

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

SeaDream Yacht Club Read Luxury Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you!

Old July 20th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Seadream Boutique

Just out of curiosity can anybody tell me whether or not prices of items found in the boutique are better than those found ashore. I have regularly found myself looking at watches etc and wondering if.... Pretty hard to do comparison shopping when you are eight days at sea on SD1 crossing.

Old July 20th, 2010, 02:25 PM
5,000+ Club

About the same, IMHO. Sometimes items are on sale at good prices. Selection is very limited.
J.

Old July 20th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Of course, with a few glasses of champagne in ya, it won't matter how much it costs onboard.

Old July 21st, 2010, 07:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Goldfingers

We found that Goldfingers on St. Maarten (Dutch side) had good prices on Rolexes. At least compared to Orange County, CA, in 2007. Mrs D dinged my credit card for about 4x the cost of the cruise for a couple of watches

But really, including duty back into the US (which we paid) we still paid for the trip in the savings over home-town prices.

On a return trip to Goldfingers 18 months later, the salesman remembered us and helped us out of a jam we got into by leaving a backpack in the Marigot rental car parking lot. Nice people and nice prices.