Dinner Menu

Dick & Linda

Could some one (or two) give us an idea what is on the evening dinner menu (specific items)? Are we talking French gourmet, Outback, Red Lobster, etc.?

You are definitely not talking Outback or Red Lobster.

The main restaurant serves fine, creative meals with a different menu each night. Prime C serves prime meats--beef, lamb, veal chop on request, etc. Aqualina is getting a new high-end Italian menu in addition to its former seafood items.

Oh...and you won't need a jacket.;)

Edited by marinaro44

The food on Azamara is delicious, fresh, and well presented. When we were on the Journey in May Chef Fabio made a stop in Sorrento at the cheese shops and brought back a really nice selection for everyone to enjoy at the evening Windows Cafe buffet that evening. Here's the page from Azamara's website where you can pull up sample menus. Bon Appetit! http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/life-onboard/dining-and-wines

The food is very fresh. The day we stayed on the ship on our b2b, we watched the fresh food being brought on board and Chef Fabio were there to inspect things, along with a drug sniffing dog. It was great to watch the activity from our balcony. I did snap a few pictures...it was quite a learning experience.

As one of our waiters pointed out in the MDR, there may be things on the menu that "your eyes don't see and mine do".....the food is excellent and if you're too tired to dine, call room service and they will not only deliver the menu to your room but take your order at the same time if you've decided what you want.

We actually did this a couple of nights after exhausting land excursions. Sometimes, by the time we showered, we were just too tired to leave our room...and if you order food, you can also order drinks. Kudos to room service.

Edited by midwestchick

The food on Azamara is delicious, fresh, and well presented. When we were on the Journey in May Chef Fabio made a stop in Sorrento at the cheese shops and brought back a really nice selection for everyone to enjoy at the evening Windows Cafe buffet that evening. Here's the page from Azamara's website where you can pull up sample menus. Bon Appetit! http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/life-onboard/dining-and-wines

Oh! You're making me hungry. Those menus are wonderful.

"...and if you order food, you can also order drinks"

Midwestchick - Does that include wine? Were you able to order a bottle?

DH had his own wine in the stateroom so we did not order wine. I would imagine it would include the "complimentary" wine of the day though. I ordered beer and DH had bourbon and water.

DH had his own wine in the stateroom so we did not order wine. I would imagine it would include the "complimentary" wine of the day though. I ordered beer and DH had bourbon and water.

Midwestchick, you must have had the upgraded beverage package, correct? According to Azamara's website, you can only order drinks with your room service if you've purchased a package. The complimentary offerings aren't available--you have to fetch those from the bar yourself if you want them with your room service meal. (This is what I've had to do do!)

Edited by dln929

Midwestchick, you must have had the upgraded beverage package, correct? According to Azamara's website, you can only order drinks with your room service if you've purchased a package. The complimentary offerings aren't available--you have to fetch those from the bar yourself if you want them with your room service meal. (This is what I've had to do do!)

No, we didnot have the upgraded package....just the complimentary package. They never questioned me when I ordered. I would just ask when I ordered and was told yes. :)

Will give that a try. And if they say no, then we will have to fetch.

Will they give me 2 glasses of wine, say a red and white, if I say we've ordered room service?

When you order your meal, order your drinks at the same time...actually, I did order 2 beers one night...as tired as I was, I had trouble sleeping. That helped. :D ;)

When you order your meal, order your drinks at the same time...actually, I did order 2 beers one night...as tired as I was, I had trouble sleeping. That helped. :D ;)

Excellent news! I've always hoofed it upstairs to get a drink because I read here on CC that the complimentary drinks aren't part of room service. But like many things there seems to be exceptions to the rule. The lazy part of me would love not running upstairs to get the beer that goes with the burger!

Excellent news! I've always hoofed it upstairs to get a drink because I read here on CC that the complimentary drinks aren't part of room service. But like many things there seems to be exceptions to the rule. The lazy part of me would love not running upstairs to get the beer that goes with the burger!

We also had a little "stash" in our refrigerator. I took the pay for things out and used it for my own beer. I also took some Peroni on board that I would buy when we were out and about. I really like the Peroni. :D

Edited by midwestchick

The included wine was different everyday. There were always 3 daily choices...red,white and rose. Some were good. some were not good. Since wine tasting is subjective, you may or may not like the wines. A good feature was when I tasted a wine that I liked, I asked for it again on other days. It was usually available. I especially liked Crusher. I also seemed to enjoy more of the red wines than the whites. \

The dinner menus in Discoveries dining room were varied. There were some standard offerings..steak,chicken,salmon, etc. which were always available. Each evening there was a different menu with several choices. Often the appetizers were better than the entrees. If you ordered an entree that was not to your liking, order again. I often ordered a half portion of the daily pasta..some were good, some were not good. Desserts were very nice. On some evenings, we ate dinner in the dining room and then went up to the buffet for coffee and dessert. The Buffet had a different international theme every night. Turkish was excellent. Lunch and breakfast offerings were standard. Another option was Mosaics which has nice pastry. Mosaics was also a good place for late afternoon or late night snacks. One of my favorite places was the pool grill which cooks to order. In addition to the standard fare of hot dogs and burgers, they do kebabs, chicken, etc. Salad bar was also nice.

We also ordered glasses of that day's wine when we ordered from the MDR menu for dinner in our room and it was fine. But we forgot to ask for bread rolls!

Sent from my Samsung S2 using Tapatalk

We have never dinned in the optional restaurants but for our Aegean cruise we have been upgraded to a suite which will include the restaurants. Is a tie and jacket required? Can these menus be delivered for room service. Are reservations required?

Thanks for any info you may have.

Barbara

We have never dinned in the optional restaurants but for our Aegean cruise we have been upgraded to a suite which will include the restaurants. Is a tie and jacket required? Can these menus be delivered for room service. Are reservations required?

Thanks for any info you may have.

Barbara

no jacket or tie needed.. some men-very few wear a jacket- think partly to the air con. i have had my butler get them.. he once said no way and i said way and i got dinner in room. yes, to the rez's. many nights very full-others not as much.

Yes, you need reservations for the Specialty Restaurants. You can make them when you're checking in on Day One, or anytime on-board though the best times fill up fast.

If you want to save a bit of money, I'd suggest one of the Specialty Dining Packages. In August, on the British Isles cruise, my husband & I bought the "Chef's Table (we chose the French Chef's Table) plus Two (Aqualina + Prime C)".

The Maitre D's are very flexible to make sure you get the times you want, and if you need to change your date or times they'll work with you to get your reservation rescheduled.