Beer options on Uniworld Vessels

skiptomylou

We are cruising the Po River/Venice in August...and are expecting hot weather. Does anyone know what the standard beer offerings are on board Uniworld? We will be on the River Countess. Thanks

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

Do you mean Uniworld?

Brian (PapaBme) did a great review of his sailing earlier this year. Link here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2515483

He would probably know what beer options were on board if you ask. He did say the following:

"TIP: If you are a beer drinker make sure you let the bar tender know if you would like to try local beers vs the draft that you will normally get if you just order a beer. I tried 4-5 different beers during the week."

So it sounds like he tried most of them. :D

Have a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
We are cruising the Po River/Venice in August...and are expecting hot weather. Does anyone know what the standard beer offerings are on board Uniworld? We will be on the River Countess. Thanks

I don't have an answer for you about the beer but enjoy your trip! We did this one last July & it's terrific, Venice is awesome!

I have had a look at the offerings for Central Europe from 2017. A nice selection: Erdinger (wheat beer) is German (Bavarian), Gösser is Austrian, Gregorius Engelszell is Austrian, Köstritzer is German (Thuringia), La Trappe Tripel is Dutch, Kasteel Rouge is Belgian. Some of those are actually large companies, i.e. you can find them in a conventional drinks shop, they are not tiny exclusive breweries. Nevertheless a nice coverage of European beers. However, as you can see, only La Trappe Tripel would classify as a "local/regional" beer on a Rhine/Moselle river cruise. As Uniworld writes "a selection..." in its advertising online I presume there will be more on offer...

For the Moselle for example a more "authentic choice" would be Koblenzer/Königsbacher, Klosterbrauerei Machern and Bitburger (the last one being a bit further away but associated with the wider Moselle region).

https://www.uniworld.com/eu/why-uniworld/culinary-excellence/

notamermaid