Airport to Hotel Transfers, Ship to Hotel Transfers - Prague & Budapest

sarcar97

We will be doing the Christmas Market tour in December on Ama. We will be arriving before the 2-day pre-tour in Prague and need a transfer for four adults. Then once we get off the ship in Budapest we'll be staying another day and need transfer there.

Also - recommendations for tour guides in Prague & Budapest.

Any recommendations on anything else is always welcomed.

Thanks -- Carolyn

We did a different Christmas Market cruise last December and LOVED it. We just got home from a Danube cruise yesterday and it was great and would be even more special at that time of year!!

We stayed at Hotel Leonardo in Prague and they provided our transfer. It was a great hotel in such a good location. The transfer was very reasonable.

Our guide in Prague was Marketa from Caput Regni and she was spectacular! She's definitely in the right profession because she's charming, enjoys tourists, knows so much history and is very articulate! We all enjoyed our day with her so much.

In Budapest, we had Orsolya from Travel Guide Hungary and she was another fabulous guide. She's very fun and knowledgeable and made our time in Budapest very fun!

You will love the Christmas Markets!! Each one is unique and beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be doing the Christmas Market tour in December on Ama. We will be arriving before the 2-day pre-tour in Prague and need a transfer for four adults. Then once we get off the ship in Budapest we'll be staying another day and need transfer there.

Thanks -- Carolyn

Where are you staying in Prague? On our AMA cruise next month, we are arriving 2 days before our pre-cruise stay in Prague; we booked those additional 2 days independently but at the same hotel used by AMA to avoid having to move. We'll be at The Cosmopolitan, and I have booked airport pick-up through them. The cost is significantly lower than the transfer available for purchase through AMA. Since we are arriving before the AMA package and did not book the extra days through them, there was no complimentary transfer.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Foser22 for the tips and info. We are so excited we can't wait.

bama4cruisin - we are doing the pre-cruise in Prague and staying at the Old Hilton, so we decided our extra days we would stay there to so we didn't have to change hotels in Prague. Old Town Hilton does not have airport transfers. I'll reach out to them again - but I'm 99% sure that's what they told me when looking into it before.

We spent a week in Prague last month and used the same company for both airport transfers and for 3 different tours. We used them for a half day tour of the Prague Castle area, a full day tour to Cesky Krumlov and a full day tour of Kutna Hora. These were all private tours and reasonably priced. Below is their website:

https://www.private-prague-guide.com/

The owner Jay was very accommodating and great at communicating. They have a great website with all the different tours they offer and the pricing.

We stayed in two different places in the heart of the Old City. The first was the Intercontinental Hotel. The service and rooms were outstanding but it doesn't have a lot of curb appeal. The second was in an apartment in view of the astronomical clock. Below is a link to the apartment we rented through VRBO

https://www.vrbo.com/154950?utm_campaign=VRBO_TRV_OLB_HASC_reservationrequest_PPS_hascPropertyQualifier-db88-test&utm_content=propid_text_o_lprop&utm_term=20170114&utm_source=SYS&utm_medium=email

This was a two bedroom 2 bath apartment and was wonderful for being in the heart of everything in a historic bldg. Be happpy to answer any other questions.

Brian

Thanks -- Carolyn

Just left Budapest 3 days ago.. we used Emily for 2 days of touring. She was great.. I would use her again. Stayed at La Prima Fashion hotel. Wonderful location.. boutique hotel great breakfast. No fancy clean, great rate.

• 2 weeks later...
Just left Budapest 3 days ago.. we used Emily for 2 days of touring. She was great.. I would use her again. Stayed at La Prima Fashion hotel. Wonderful location.. boutique hotel great breakfast. No fancy clean, great rate.

Do you have Emily's contact info?

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. We are so looking forward to this. We'll be gone for three weeks so want to make the most of it without killing ourselves.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to open this back up because I didn't really get any recommendations for port to hotel & hotel to airport in Budapest. Got some tour recommendations - but didn't get contact on that one.

So I'm back to looking for transfers in Budapest. I've got one set of pricing for TripAdvisor, ranked #3 but would like recommendations from this group as you never know if TripAdvisor is employees completing recommendations or others.

Thanks for your help...Carolyn

Can't recommend as I haven't used them yet but I plan to use city-airport-tax in Budapest to get from our apartment to the airport. We are a group of 8 and will book a larger van as the 8 seater will be a bit squashy with luggage, especially after 2 cruises as I suspect we all might just be a few kg heavier.

I am leaning towards them as they are happy to accept euros at the end of the trip and only require a credit card as a security rather than pre paying for the trip.

I have also booked them for our Brussels to Amsterdam trip as the Thalys train I intended to get will not be in operation that day due to maintenance. The intercity train works out the same price as the door to door shuttle.

We will be using the service in Budapest on 7 November and will report back but I expect you will have finalized your plans by then.

We have used Blacklane limousines in Orlando, Hamburg, Hong Kong, Auckland. It's a German company operating world wide, always reliable. A few days ago, our plane was diverted to Fort Lauderdale and arrived 4 hours late in Orlando. We had to call the driver, but he was there 10 minutes later and apologized for not having been there right away.

You order and pay online. As far as I know, they have no guided tours just transfers. They are our choice when we do not rent a car or use a recommended local company or don't know if safe taxis are available.

Blacklane, City-Airport-Taxi and many other like them all have the same style of business, they act as a consolidator to gather bookings from all over the world, then let local service providers compete for the job.

They should provide a certain level of reassurance by vetting the suppliers they use, but there are no overall corporate standards in place as you are in reality getting a completely independent local provider each time.

No reason not to use them, but a great performance in one city is down to a great local provider there, so don't translate that into an expectation of the same service everywhere...

I'm going to open this back up because I didn't really get any recommendations for port to hotel & hotel to airport in Budapest. Got some tour recommendations - but didn't get contact on that one.

So I'm back to looking for transfers in Budapest. I've got one set of pricing for TripAdvisor, ranked #3 but would like recommendations from this group as you never know if TripAdvisor is employees completing recommendations or others.

Thanks for your help...Carolyn

We just used regular taxis to/from the airport on one trip and it worked out fine. We've also used hotel arranged taxis and that was convenient in that it allowed us to put the far on our hotel bill.

Neither hotel has transportation and we don't want to mess with taxi's since we will have four adults each with a checked bag and a carry-on bag. So to try and get into taxi's is not worth the hassle. We are needing a SUV.

Appreciate all the information.

We used prague-airport-transfers.com.uk/ for our transfer from hotel to airport. Driver was on time - booked and paid on line before travel. There web site offers a few different services. We had a private car.