Return from Sapphire Princess 8/1/04

Cali girl

Hello,

My husband and I just returned from our Alaskan cruise. It was great. Embarkation was so simple. We walked right through and were on the boat by 11:30am. Our day at sea was fun. Ketichikan was wonderful and our favorite port-most likely due to the sunny weather and scenery. We went bike riding and sea kyaking. Juneau was so foggy and rainy that our shore excursions were cancelled (at least we got out $$ back). Then in Skagway, the weather was overcast, but we went horseback riding and hiking on the Chiltook Trail.

Princess:

PROS:

Wonderfully planned excursions. They offered a large variety and they were well planned.

We docked at every port

Ship was beautiful. Indoor pool helped in Alaska

CONS:

Food-the food was cafeteria quality to low-grade restaurant at best. I know I was cruising with 2600 other passengers, but overall, it was a major weekness. Little variety.

Well, I'd love to chat with others on the 7/25 Sapphire or anyone with questions about the trip.

Cali Girl

Calli..thank you for your report. I have sooo long to wait...but I love to read what others have to say!!

Encouraging to hear that you didn't have to tender in Juneau. Weather, permitting...I thinking we're gonna be crunched for time with our planed excursions. I was hoping to see the tendering stopped.

I've been reading many horror stories about debarkation? How did that go for you?

Thanks

Deb

Deb,

For Debarkation, We were staying in Seattle afterwards so we chose to carry our own luggage off at 730 am. It was so simple and a cab was waiting for us right there. We even had early check-in at the Westin so we were able to get ready for our adventures right away.

In Juneau, they tendered for the first few hours and then we got a dock slip early in the day. We docked right away in all other ports. I would still go with Princess for the shore excursions, They were so well planned. OUr tour guides were so informative and fun. It was the best part of our trip. In Alaska you need to see the back country to get the real feel!

Cali Girl

Archived