Guidance for uploading pics from iPad to CC?

I have searched and found only a thread related to uploading photos from Windows. Well, first of all, I have a Windows laptop, but I hate Windows. I do almost everything these days with my iPad (and the cloud). I have the DropShots app for iPad, but I don't know how to navigate Cruise Critic to post my photos, from the iPad and my camera uploaded to DropShots.

I would like to do a live blog on cc while on the cruise. Can anyone out there explain the steps in simple English. I am not a computer whiz, but I know my around most computer processes.

Thanks in advance!:)

It's fairly simple, you need to use a host site, like Photobucket, upload photos to that site, then put the link to the photo in your post.

There are a lot of threads on CC discussing this. Detailed, step by step instructions can be found in them. I always recommend search, it can be your best friend here.

d63f8d06fe816865607575a5c71f0be9.jpg

Posted this photo directly from ipad via Tapatalk

An even easier way is to get the Tapatalk App ( the newest version). You can post your photos directly to CC without any middlemen so to speak. Very easy to use.

Edited by brazilgirl

Orv is correct, in order to post photo's on CC they first need to be filed with a Service, he suggests Photobucket (I use Dropshots) which will assign them a Web Address or "URL".

As anybody who has ever copied a photo from the Internet knows, right clicking on a photo brings up a drop down menu. One of the choices there is to Copy the Image URL.

In order to place a given photograph into a Post, one clicks on the photo Icon above, pastes said URL into the space provided, and Voila!

b_150008.jpg

I have searched and found only a thread related to uploading photos from Windows. Well, first of all, I have a Windows laptop, but I hate Windows. I do almost everything these days with my iPad (and the cloud). I have the DropShots app for iPad, but I don't know how to navigate Cruise Critic to post my photos, from the iPad and my camera uploaded to DropShots.

I would like to do a live blog on cc while on the cruise. Can anyone out there explain the steps in simple English. I am not a computer whiz, but I know my around most computer processes.

Thanks in advance!:)

Using the CC app (on iPhone or iPad), either create a "new post" (e.g., click top right corner) in the Oceania directory) or select an existing post (such as one of your previous posts). For replies, click on the chosen post and you get the opportunity to include the "quote" in your reply. Select "quote" and a small tool bar with "camera" and "picture" icons appear (along with the keyboard).

Choose "camera" icon to take a picture and insert it in your reply OR choose "picture" icon to load a picture from one of the albums on the iPad or iPhone. For new posts the icons appear along with the keyboard.

Remember you can also add pictures to your iPhone or iPad albums directly from websites ("save image" command) or e-mail attachments (open and "save"). Newer digital cameras can also send photos to your device and then they are available for posting as described above.

Using the CC app (on iPhone or iPad), either create a "new post" (e.g., click top right corner) in the Oceania directory) or select an existing post (such as one of your previous posts). For replies, click on the chosen post and you get the opportunity to include the "quote" in your reply. Select "quote" and a small tool bar with "camera" and "picture" icons appear (along with the keyboard).

Choose "camera" icon to take a picture and insert it in your reply OR choose "picture" icon to load a picture from one of the albums on the iPad or iPhone. For new posts the icons appear along with the keyboard.

Remember you can also add pictures to your iPhone or iPad albums directly from websites ("save image" command) or e-mail attachments (open and "save"). Newer digital cameras can also send photos to your device and then they are available for posting as described above.

Thanks for the simple and clear instructions for iPad. I will be trying both post and reply tests soon.

Thanks for the simple and clear instructions for iPad. I will be trying both post and reply tests soon.

I tried to post reply with pic. Fail. I see in the reply box an icon of a picture, but why I select it, it takes me to the iPad menu tiles. I went to photos and selected one and hit the upload button for the iCloud, but it didn't get here??:confused:

Another fail. I downloaded the cc app for iPad and there is a camera icon and a picture icon, but when I went to add a picture, I got a message "your forum has disabled this."

Another fail. I downloaded the cc app for iPad and there is a camera icon and a picture icon, but when I went to add a picture, I got a message "your forum has disabled this."

I used to do it with Photobucket and Tinypic. If you download the Tapatalk App ( new version) onto your Ipad ( it is free) , it is extremely easy to uplaod the photos directly from the ipad.

OMG! I did it! Thank you all, but after trying each suggestion, I am definitely going to be using Tapatalk. It is instant from my iPad to cc! Thanks, Brazil girl. Will now try to get pic from iCloud to post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OMG! I did it! Thank you all, but after trying each suggestion, I am definitely going to be using Tapatalk. It is instant from my iPad to cc! Thanks, Brazil girl. Will now try to get pic from iCloud to post.

Yeah! Your photos look great! I always do photo reviews and before Tapatalk , it was so such work. It really is easy. Glad to help out.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I am this tech challenged, but I have forgotten how I did this????? I have looked in my photos but can't find a direct link to cruise critic, AND I have looked at my CC app from which I am posting (can't find an add pic icon!) AND I have looked at Tapatalk and I am totally lost. Help, please???

I can't believe I am this tech challenged, but I have forgotten how I did this????? I have looked in my photos but can't find a direct link to cruise critic, AND I have looked at my CC app from which I am posting (can't find an add pic icon!) AND I have looked at Tapatalk and I am totally lost. Help, please???

Don't feel bad. I've done that too.

Go to where is says "Write a reply " Put in whatever you want to say to describe the pic.

Click on the + button and under whatever you wrote you will see an icon that looks like a mountain and a picture of the sun.

Click on that icon to choose a picture from your photos

If you click on the camera button, your Ipad camera comes up to take a picture of something you want to post.

When done, hit Reply

Hope that helps.

Catherine

Edited by cruisingxpert

Go to where is says "Write a reply " Put in whatever you want to say to describe the pic.

Click on the + button and under whatever you wrote you will see an icon that looks like a mountain and a picture of the sun.

If you click on the camera button, your Ipad camera comes up to take a picture of something you want to post.

When done, hit Reply

Hope that helps.

Catherine

Where exactly is the " + " button?:confused:

As I am reading your post right now in Tapatalk, it is right underneath your message and to the left of "write a reply". Are you using Tapatalk to access Cruise Critic Forum?

Catherine

It is in Tapatalk. You need to do this in this app, it is the easiest, best way to upload pics to crui critic from iPad. Download app for free. Just don't forget about that + icon (plus icon) like I did. Went all over trying to figure it out again and again, but thanks to the angel Catherine, I finally know how to do this!

Kekelia,

I am so glad you brought this subject up. I have never had a problem posting pics on CC; but didn't even realize that I could post them directly from my iPhone/iPad using Tapatalk. I am not crazy about Tapatalk; but this feature makes it a worthwhile app now.

When done, hit Reply

Hope that helps.

Catherine