Question Re: Raptor Center in Sitka

6Arabianhorses

Just wondering if I need to pre-arrange our tour of the Raptor Center in Sitka? I've been booking just about everything independantly and certainly don't want to miss this, but wasn't sure if I needed to buy tickets ahead of time.

Thanks for the help!

Just wondering if I need to pre-arrange our tour of the Raptor Center in Sitka? I've been booking just about everything independantly and certainly don't want to miss this, but wasn't sure if I needed to buy tickets ahead of time.

Thanks for the help!

No, I called them and they said to stop by anytime from 8-4pm no reservation is needed.

Don't miss the Raptor Center, and going on your own is a good idea...then you can arrive and leave as you please. There are nice little hiking trails. But the center itself is a little bit of a walk from town. Head out Lincoln toward the Sitka National Historic Park, and turn left on Jeff Davis, just this side of Sheldon Jackson College. Walk out to Sawmill Creek Road, turn right onto SMC, and it will be on your left about a quarter to half mile (never measured it...sorry). On the way back, take the back entrance to the SNHP, and walk through there. It should not be missed! And at the SNHP Visitor's Center, watch the (short) historical movie. You will be able to see your ship from here and take great pictures. As you go back to town, you will pass the front of Sheldon Jackson College, and right by the road is the Sheldon Jackson Museum ($3 or $4). Small, but very interesting.

Have a great cruise!

The Raptor Center is a walk up attraction, stay as long as you want. Sometimes, brief "talks" during the day. It is walkable from the tender dock and the Sitka National Park is on the way. But it is an uphill walk, if there are any limitations. There will be an all day shuttle, should expect pricing to run less than $10

Archived