Shore Excusions Group Greek ports

sunshinelion

We are considering using Shore Excursions Group for excursions in Corfu and Santorini. The reviews I read on trip advisor were old and was wondering if anyone has used this company lately. Also please let me know if there are better options for shore excursions in these ports as well as Mykonos and Katakalon. Is an excursion to Delos worth it? Please give me any information useful in these ports. Thank you so much

Just returned from The Reflection and used OceanWave Tours in Santorini and just had a driver. George our driver was fantastic! Taking us to places that showed the stunning sights. I believe you only need a driver in Santorini. we had private tours at every stop and used guides with drivers in some but santorini only needs a good driver. If you use OceanWave ask for George, you will not be disappointed.

Mykonos to me was a DIY stop. Take the shuttle from the ship or there is a water taxi for 2 Euro if you dock. Walk the town, Vinice and the windmills. Enjoy a great lunch. Plenty to do and easy.

Hope this helps, have a great cruise. :)

We used Shore Excusions Group last summer in both Corfu and Santorini and were very pleased on both tours. In Corfu we had about 12 people in the tour, went to a monastery, palace, and downtown. Very easy to meet tour guide who was very knowledgeable. In Santorini, no problem meeting the tour, small group of 10 took us to Oia for about hour of walking, then drove to other side of island for winery and then went to highest point for view of island. Santorini could be done on your own if you just wanted to go to Oia or Winery. In hindsight, I think I would just go to Oia. I know you only asked about these ports but we also used them in Athens, Turkey, Crotia, and Naples. We were very pleased on every one, very professional and knowledgeable guides.

#1 Report Post

Old September 18th, 2014, 09:36 AM

Cool Cruiser

Default Shore Excusions Group Greek ports

We are considering using Shore Excursions Group for excursions in Corfu and Santorini. The reviews I read on trip advisor were old and was wondering if anyone has used this company lately. Also please let me know if there are better options for shore excursions in these ports as well as Mykonos and Katakalon. Is an excursion to Delos worth it? Please give me any information useful in these ports. Thank you so much

We are first time cruisers and are on the Norwegian Jade Oct 18th sail date. If you are on the same one, I found a great guide on Trip Advisor and have them booked for up to four people. It's just me and the Hubs, so let me know if you want more info and might want to join us! :)

Julie and Tim from Portland, OR

#1 Report Post

Old September 18th, 2014, 09:36 AM

Cool Cruiser

Default Shore Excusions Group Greek ports

We are first time cruisers and are on the Norwegian Jade Oct 18th sail date. If you are on the same one, I found a great guide on Trip Advisor and have them booked for up to four people. It's just me and the Hubs, so let me know if you want more info and might want to join us! :)

Julie and Tim from Portland, OR

Hi Julie

I am on the same sailing. You should join the roll call for the ship and post there. Which port did you book the guide for? Where will the guide be taking you? What is the cost per person if there are four people? I might be interested?

Marsha and Sid from Toronto

Hi Julie

I am on the same sailing. You should join the roll call for the ship and post there. Which port did you book the guide for? Where will the guide be taking you? What is the cost per person if there are four people? I might be interested?

Marsha and Sid from Toronto

I have tried joining the roll call and thought I had posted it on that page, not quite sure how it got here. But, I don't really get how these boards work. :) The guide is booked for Corfu for 5hrs and includes Doukades, Krini, Makrades, Lakones, Peleokastritsa, Monastery of the Virgin Mary, Achillion, Kanoni, Corfu town. It is 50 Euro/ea with 4 of us. I have confirmed that we will have "Spiros, the owner" or "Vangelis" as our guide and they both received very high praise on Trip Advisor.

Julie

• 4 months later...

Has anyone done the tour that goes on this Celebrity ship's tour in Santorini? We are going in late May. Would love some thoughts from those that have been there. It lasts 3 hours.

"Sail to the volcanic island of Nea Kameni, where you'll hike on the Daphni lava flow and then swim in Palea Kameni's mineral hot springs. Enjoy some time at the summit of Nea Kameni for breathtaking photo opportunities and views of the lava field, before descending back down to sail to Palea Kameni's beautiful green sulfur springs. Your last stop is a cable car up to Fira for more spectacular views and sights. "

• 3 months later...

In Santorini you don’t need a shore excursion, you just need a driver who speaks good English. And George is his name! He was our driver too. He was really good, sawing us around all the interesting places, making our day there well spent.

As for Katakolon, definitely try visitkatakolon.gr we booked a private shore excursion with them and they were surprisingly good on what they are doing! Kostas’ English were excellent (he has studied sustainable Tourism in UK) and he has been trained for excursions with cruise passengers really well, giving us information about pretty much everything and driving us to places we wouldn’t have seen otherwise (he is the owner).

• 1 month later...

I would agree with Rod64 for VISITKATAKOLON, they are really good, very well organised, offering private excursions in very reasonable prices. Easy to find as they have an office oposite the port (or you could arrange to meet you inside the port). Great tour guide, very knowledgeable!

As for Corfu I have used SHORE EXCURSIONS GROUP in the past, was very happy with them too. No private tour there, but was easy to find everybody, with no delays!

My opinion is to do DIY in Santorini and Mykonos. You don't need a shore excursion there. Just wonder around by yourselves.