Cabin choices on Vision of the Seas

2tall

I see that Royal now has a Panama Canal cruise itinerary up for March 2013 on the Vision of the Seas! That's my dream trip and I'm itching to book. Before I do, though, I want to make sure that we pick the right cabin. Most of the ones available are on the 7th floor (D1 and D2). One is right next to the card room. For those of you who have sailed on the VOS, is the view from the 7th floor balconies blocked by the life boats? Also, if you're right next to the card room (it isn't a hump or doesn't look like it), is your view compromised in that location? Any help would be much, much appreciated!!!

• 3 weeks later...
I see that Royal now has a Panama Canal cruise itinerary up for March 2013 on the Vision of the Seas! That's my dream trip and I'm itching to book. Before I do, though, I want to make sure that we pick the right cabin. Most of the ones available are on the 7th floor (D1 and D2). One is right next to the card room. For those of you who have sailed on the VOS, is the view from the 7th floor balconies blocked by the life boats? Also, if you're right next to the card room (it isn't a hump or doesn't look like it), is your view compromised in that location? Any help would be much, much appreciated!!!

No life boat issues on the Vision class! I think we are booked in 7080 which is next to the card room. We are on one of the S. Caribbean itineraries.

The aft staterooms on the Vision class are also very nice, with big balconies. For the Panama Canal, it is more interesting if you move around the ship as you go through.

Although the first time we did it on a Radiance class ship, our friends had an aft balcony...so we turned the TV onto the bow view channel and watched both views. Make sure you go down to the promenade deck too, to watch the clearance. :)

We are new to Royal Caribbean so I need help Looking to book a D-2 balcony cabin on deck 7 I believe. We prefer mid or aft- any suggestions. We are going in February 2013.

Many thanks

We are booked on the Feb. 25th sailing. :D:):D

So if you can get one of the corner afts on deck 7 or 8 you will have a huge balcony. The staterooms on deck 7 either side of the card room or library are nice because you only have neighbors on one side.

The other side will be a steel wall, just so you know. But we enjoy those mid ship cabins. :)

Thanks for the info on the Vision class cabins. I would have loved to snag a corner aft but the Panama sailings sell out really quickly. Even the regular aft cabins were gone in a split second. We went ahead and booked the cabin right next to the card room even though I did consider the other side of the ship, which is the side facing shore, specifically because we'd only have neighbors on one side. We smoke unfortunately and were hoping to at minimize the number of people we impact. Not a perfect solution but it's where we are now. On the other side of the ship, we'd have a better view but there would be neighbors all around. We do plan to stay on the ship during the crossing and will make sure to go down to the Promenade while we're in the locks. Thanks again!

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.836171,-76.899752

Archived