Hotels in Manhatten

g3off

We'll be flying into NYC probably 3-4 days before our Feb2nf Quantum Cruise and are wondering about hotels in Manhatten. What are the best travel websites to find hotels, both chain and boutique? Price matters too. We want to be under 300 a night if possible, even 200 but that may be a stretch??

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

We'll be flying into NYC probably 3-4 days before our Feb2nf Quantum Cruise and are wondering about hotels in Manhatten. What are the best travel websites to find hotels, both chain and boutique? Price matters too. We want to be under 300 a night if possible, even 200 but that may be a stretch??

Check out http://www.oyster.com and click on New York under Destinations. They have dozens of reviews and comprehensive photographs of every hotel in town from the super luxurious to mid-range chain hotels.

Jonathan

I highly recommend staying just over the Hudson if you want to save some money. There is a nice Courtyard Marriot in Jersey City (Directly across the Hudson...with views of Manhattan) that is directly next to a PATH (Train) station. Each ride is $2.50 a person and it only takes 10-20 min to get into and out of lower Manhattan. Very convenient and quick.

I just checked for Jan 30 - Feb 2, and it's only $169 a night. ;) Type in "Courtyard Marriot Jersey City Trip Advisor" if you want reviews.

Edited by hitaway4

We are on the 2nd feb sailing too and will be in Andaz Wall Street for 4 nights before our cruise. We have booked the hotel about 5 months ago and I think, the price has gone up since then.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Forums

See what you can get on "Priceline". We went into the city last month and stayed at "W" Hotel in Times Sq for $150 a night. NO place in NYC is close to "everything" so no matter where you end up, you'll probably have to take some kind of transit to get around, and even if where you stay ends up being a $25 cab ride over to the ship, if you're saving $150 for the room, it would be well worth paying $25 instead of $10 to get to the ship.

This will be our 3rd consecutive year going to Bermuda. Even though we live on Long Island we have spent the night pre-cruise in Manhattan, that way it's only a 10 minute or so ride to the port. We stayed in the Best Western in Times Square. If we didn't use points for a free room we would not have been able to stay at that hotel. I just checked the price for a room this Saturday and it was $368. The room is stylish and clean but also it is quite small.

Glad we have the rewards points.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by wasiii

See what you can get on "Priceline". We went into the city last month and stayed at "W" Hotel in Times Sq for $150 a night. NO place in NYC is close to "everything" so no matter where you end up, you'll probably have to take some kind of transit to get around, and even if where you stay ends up being a $25 cab ride over to the ship, if you're saving $150 for the room, it would be well worth paying $25 instead of $10 to get to the ship.

Wow! You did great! I've been trying to get a place on price line. I've tried alot of different areas including Times Square, and different star quantities,and went up to $300 (before taxes) and couldn't get a room.I tried for days!! We have used PriceLine for other cities but no luck for us in NY.

Holiday inn midtown 57th is running rooms for $152 for newly renovated rooms. Go on line. If you call they will quote you higher but tell them you saw it on line and they will adjust it. (AAA price) might be a little higher for best rate price. Older hotel but pretty close to pier. We just booked for Feb cruise.

• 4 months later...
I highly recommend staying just over the Hudson if you want to save some money. There is a nice Courtyard Marriot in Jersey City (Directly across the Hudson...with views of Manhattan) that is directly next to a PATH (Train) station. Each ride is $2.50 a person and it only takes 10-20 min to get into and out of lower Manhattan. Very convenient and quick.

I just checked for Jan 30 - Feb 2, and it's only $169 a night. ;) Type in "Courtyard Marriot Jersey City Trip Advisor" if you want reviews.

What airport should you fly into to stay here?

What airport should you fly into to stay here?

EWR.

FYI that recommendation was for someone cruising from Cape Liberty in Bayonne. You're cruising from Manhattan, so if you stay in NJ you're eventually going to have to arrange for travel into NY City anyway on the day of your cruise in addition to traveling into Manhattan on every day you are sightseeing there, which is one of the reasons I recommended staying in Manhattan when I answered the question in the thread you started. Of course if you can snag a nice hotel in Jersey City for much less money than you would pay for a hotel in Manhattan it might be worth tolerating the inconvenience.