My time dining- Vision of the Seas

I was able to get my time dining for our cruise in January.

I'm curious, is it necessary to make a reservation for a certain time each day ?

I've heard some cruises the wait can take awhile with no reservations.

Our last cruise, we would wait in line for maybe 15 minutes at the most for a table.

We would be a table of six.

Thank you !

I'm curious, is it necessary to make a reservation for a certain time each day ?

Our last cruise, we would wait in line for maybe 15 minutes at the most for a table.

Thank you !

With a party of 6, I would try to make reservations, or switch to traditional.

I'm just off Vision a few weeks ago from a 12 night British Isles cruise and I recommend making reservations. Especially with a group of 6. We had MTD and the nights we didn't have reservations, went to the MDR around 8pm and was told to come back in 45 min. They have buzzers to hand out to let you know your table was ready, but they ran out both times we went. I guess a lot of people with no reservations.

Just off Rhapsody we had MTD reservations for 20.45 each night and every evening that we dined in the MDR never waited more than two minutes.

Exceptional service.

The line for folks who had no reservations was never more than about six persons and would have thought they never had more than a five minute wait apart from the first night which is always hectic.

On our last two sailings, we made MTD reservations on line in the Dining Section on our Cruise Planner for 6:00 and were assigned the same table each night. No wait, we just went straight to our table.

On our last two sailings, we made MTD reservations on line in the Dining Section on our Cruise Planner for 6:00 and were assigned the same table each night. No wait, we just went straight to our table.

They do tend to do that if you are going the same time every night.

That is great if you like the waiters or the table location but for us we like to sit at a different table every night unless we get a table we like and the waiters are brilliant.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you !

While we haven't been on this particular ship, our experience with MTD has been roughly the same on the Serenade, Navigator and Explorer. You do NOT have to make reservations in advance, but there always seem to be big crowds of people waiting to be seated who do NOT have reservations. My suggestion...as soon as you board, go to the dining room and make your first night's reservation. Then each evening, as you're leaving dinner, stop at the desk and reserve for the next night. In many cases, by that time you will know the following day's showtimes (if you're interested in such) or your wait staff certainly will. We found that to be a good mix of planning & spontaneity.