USCG airlifts Splendor passenger (video)

Timmys_mom

This is a link to a site that posted a video of the airlifting of a Carnival Splendor passenger and CC member. First comes the nurse from the ship's staff, then the passenger, then the Coast Guard diver. Amazing to watch from the helicopter.

Passenger is doing fine and will be going home soon. :D

http://www.dvidshub.net/video/291040/coast-guard-rescues-heart-attack-victim-cruise-ship-150-miles-offshore#.UZo5I6LVCSo

He did comment that this (the airlift) was the best thing about almost dying. :D He was very complimentary of the Splendor medical team and his doctor at the hospital said he wouldn't have done as well if they hadn't taken such good care of him.

My mom had 2 life flights last summer, they really pack you into a crate thing even if no lift needed..dad was with her on second one and i watched them take off together afer they both had pacemakers 2 weeks before...it was her time sadly a few days after last one but those people made every second with all of us count..every second and i am eternally grateful as we were all packed in the waiting room or ICU when we could....

God bless Emergi depts, ship and travel medical centers, doctors, nurses, icu's , surgeons, hopsitals and all ambulence and Nurse transport and Emergi Care air and land ambulence personnel, they work miracles.....and... God bless insurance and coast guard,,,these people make every second as tolerable and close as possible with loved ones while saving lives and I am always in awe..wow on that lift; God bless the patient and family...Sarah

Great footage..thanks for posting

He did comment that this (the airlift) was the best thing about almost dying. :D He was very complimentary of the Splendor medical team and his doctor at the hospital said he wouldn't have done as well if they hadn't taken such good care of him.

On our last cruise on the Miracle, my b-i-l fell out of the top bunk (totally his own fault ;) ) and the medical staff were amazing! Carnival has some good people there! Not something you want to deal with - but it sure is nice to know they're there and very good if you need them!

So that's what it takes to get you back on CC?

Doll, I'll have you know it's been over 2 years since I posted here, but felt a little nostalgic thinking about the "what could have happened" crap, so yes... I bit the bullet! Only for you Duckie!!!!! I even painted my toenails!!!!!! :eek:

On one of our cruises, we had a medical evac at night. The captain came on the intercom and told everyone not to go out on deck and take pictures because the flash made it dangerous for the helicopter pilot. I guess some idiots did it anyway. Afterwards the captain came back on the intercom and blasted the people, saying they had put the lives of the helicopter crew and the person being evacuated in danger. He was REALLY angry.

Grateful to the Coast Guard and glad big_duck is OK!

Wow, am I in a time warp? Lots of familiar old faces around here!

Glad the patient is doing well!

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's like the good old days here today. All that's missing is L2J, I think.

Wow, am I in a time warp? Lots of familiar old faces around here!

Glad the patient is doing well!

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's likeTHE BIG CHILL...only thankfully, nobody died :)

Archived