Do we get lanyards when we check in?

Hi there,

Quick question. On the Rhapsody of the Seas are we given a lanyard with the room key or is it wow bands now?

This is our first RCCL cruise as we have previously only cruised with DCL so keep thinking of last minute questions!

Thanks

Hi there,

Quick question. On the Rhapsody of the Seas are we given a lanyard with the room key or is it wow bands now?

This is our first RCCL cruise as we have previously only cruised with DCL so keep thinking of last minute questions!

Thanks

You will be given a sea pass, the size of a credit card. This your door key and is swiped for any purchases you make on the ship. It is your ID for getting on and off the ship, keep it safe.

No lanyards, you will see people with lanyards though, they generally have a hole punched in the card to fix it or a card carrier.

Hi there,

Thanks

Children are given a lanyard, not adults.

Sometimes, you can purchase lanyards in the waiting area, depending upon the port they typically cost $10. If you prefer, they are available on line also and in some stores cheaper. While I do wear the wow band sometimes, I find the lanyards easier to use. Some just have a plastic pouch and do not require a punch hole.

My DH wouldn't even think about using a lanyard. I like it-

Sometimes, you can purchase lanyards in the waiting area, depending upon the port they typically cost $10. If you prefer, they are available on line also and in some stores cheaper. While I do wear the wow band sometimes, I find the lanyards easier to use. Some just have a plastic pouch and do not require a punch hole.

Wow bands aren't available for Rhapsody.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Children are given a lanyard, not adults.

I didn't know that. I have sailed on a few different ships with my grandson and he has never been offered one. Where would he get one? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi there,

Thanks

You may purchase one in the store. Kids can get one in the kids club. I found Home Depot has them in the key duplicating section.

Bring a hole punch or have them punched at the front desk or kids club.

Its a cruise - you pay for everything!

Or you can use one of the many free ones you may have acquired over the years.

I just have to choose what organization I want to represent- for many years, I had my Spa Francorchamps lanyard, and one of the captains recognized that we were F1 fans. Now I have one from my local university.

Please don't use a lanyard.

It is a very bad look.

Use a small keychain and keep it in your pocket.

Some of us have no choice....I cannot put my card in my pocket as it will demagnetize and I will have to replace it. Discovered this on my very first cruise when I had to replace my card 3 times in 2 days. Finally the person at GS asked if I was keeping it in my pocket and I said yes and he said some people cannot do that. So I have it on a lanyard during the day and put it in my small clutch in the evening. Also have to keep it away from any magnets on the clutch.

ps. So once I discovered this I realized why I was constantly having to replace my work ID badge, and started using a lanyard there too.

It is a very bad look.

So sorry it offends your sensibilities - I like to wear sundresses on vacation and they often do not have pockets, plus I strongly dislike carrying a purse around the ship. We don't wear them ashore, so don't really care what others think.

I don't, not since it whacked me in the face on top deck! learned early this is the better deal for me:

imjg1s.jpg

and costs $3 at Home Depot or Wally World.

So sorry it offends your sensibilities - I like to wear sundresses on vacation and they often do not have pockets, plus I strongly dislike carrying a purse around the ship. We don't wear them ashore, so don't really care what others think.

I really don't care if what I wear "offends" someone else. If they want to be bothered by something hanging around my neck, it's their vacation that is being bothered, not mine.

It is a very bad look.

Most of my clothes do not have pockets. I don't care to carry a purse all of the time. I will keep my lanyard.