Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > St. Lucia

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 4th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Rainforest Aerial Trams?

Hi, we are cruising On RCCL Adventure of the Seas next week. We booked this cruise kind of as a last minute type thing and today we have been researching what we would like to do on each of the islands we are visiting. Our daughter, who is almost 16, found info on the St. Lucia Aerial Trams and we are thinking of doing the Tranopy. Has anyone gone here for their zipline excursions. What did you think of them? I think this is the same place where RCCL goes for their excursion. Would we be able to save some money and take a taxi there ourselves and then when we are done would there be a taxi to get us back to the port? Any info on this would be very helpful!

Disney Magic Nov. 2000
Disney Magic Jan. 2002
Disney Magic Nov. 2004
Disney Magic Oct. 2006
Disney Magic Oct. 2007
Disney Magic Oct. 2009

Old April 5th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Cool Cruiser

Just got back from RCCL Adventure of the Seas. We did the ziplining and loved it. I'd skip the arial tram (old and slow) and do the Adventure Park. Just as many ziplines, plus a repel and tarzen swing. Ask for Vison and Melanie as your guides, they were great. We booked through Spencer Ambrose tours. John was our driver. He went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. Plus, Spencer's rum punch is to die for. Cost = $69.00 each for the zip line, $10.00 tip per person for the guides, and $35.00 per person (including tip) for the driver ($114.00). I don't know how that stacks up against RCCL's price, but it was a whole lot more fun and NO CROWDS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WICruizers View Post
Hi, we are cruising On RCCL Adventure of the Seas next week. We booked this cruise kind of as a last minute type thing and today we have been researching what we would like to do on each of the islands we are visiting. Our daughter, who is almost 16, found info on the St. Lucia Aerial Trams and we are thinking of doing the Tranopy. Has anyone gone here for their zipline excursions. What did you think of them? I think this is the same place where RCCL goes for their excursion. Would we be able to save some money and take a taxi there ourselves and then when we are done would there be a taxi to get us back to the port? Any info on this would be very helpful!

Old April 5th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagochas View Post
Just got back from RCCL Adventure of the Seas. We did the ziplining and loved it. I'd skip the arial tram (old and slow) and do the Adventure Park. Just as many ziplines, plus a repel and tarzen swing. Ask for Vison and Melanie as your guides, they were great. We booked through Spencer Ambrose tours. John was our driver. He went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. Plus, Spencer's rum punch is to die for. Cost = $69.00 each for the zip line, $10.00 tip per person for the guides, and $35.00 per person (including tip) for the driver ($114.00). I don't know how that stacks up against RCCL's price, but it was a whole lot more fun and NO CROWDS!
Thanks I'll check into that!

Disney Magic Nov. 2000
Disney Magic Jan. 2002
Disney Magic Nov. 2004
Disney Magic Oct. 2006
Disney Magic Oct. 2007
Disney Magic Oct. 2009