Horseback riding

atmmegs

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking at camporico. They are much (less than 1/2) cheaper than the carnival excursion and the only one I found that isn't too far from the ship. Hoping I can book the morning I arrive in port...forget the date, but I'm on CCL Freedom 12/13.

Any feedback from anyone that's used camporico?

Sent from my Desire HD using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
I am looking at camporico. They are much (less than 1/2) cheaper than the carnival excursion and the only one I found that isn't too far from the ship. Hoping I can book the morning I arrive in port...forget the date, but I'm on CCL Freedom 12/13.

Any feedback from anyone that's used camporico?

Sent from my Desire HD using Forums mobile app

Ha! I just posted a similar question before I found this thread. PinaColada, I'm sailing on the Carnival Breeze, and I believe that Campo Rico is where the CCL excursion goes -- so it tells you how much they mark up the price!

The place has gotten excellent reviews, if you google "campo rico reviews" you'll see them. I think I am going to try booking on my own -- with four of us going the savings is well over $200 than going through the ship's excursion.

• 4 weeks later...

Rhiannon35,

Have you sailed on the Breeze yet? We are going on her on Jan. 3rd and I too am looking at horse back riding in PR. Did you use Camporico yet and if yes can you tell me about your experience?

Thanks

Plou

• 9 months later...

I was thinking about booking direct with them instead of the cruise line. Can someone please tell me their experience getting from the ship to the ranch. It says on the website that its $15 per person roundtrip with a taxi. Didn't know if any of the taxi driver gave much of a run around on price or not?

Never mind...I contacted Campo Rico and received an email back from the owner (Jeff). Jeff says that they cant do outside bookings while Carnival ships are in port due to they have a contract with Carnival and I'd have to book directly with Carnival. I'm all for businesses making money, but for Carnival to charge $109 for the same "tour" that only costs $55 when the ships aren't in port is sad.

• 2 weeks later...
Never mind...I contacted Campo Rico and received an email back from the owner (Jeff). Jeff says that they cant do outside bookings while Carnival ships are in port due to they have a contract with Carnival and I'd have to book directly with Carnival. I'm all for businesses making money, but for Carnival to charge $109 for the same "tour" that only costs $55 when the ships aren't in port is sad.

There are other horse back riding locations in PR. There is one in the El Yunque rain forest and island marketing has one which is not that expensive. http://puertoricocruiseexcursions.com/horsebackridingtour.html

Impossible that it is only 15 dollars round trip by taxi to Campo rico, it costs $20.00 just to go to Isla Verde from Old San Juan one way.

Hope this helps