OBC question

fadeintoblue

I booked through a discount TA found through a compete for your cruise site, a move I'm now regretting. Communication has been horrible. It took me 4 emails and the same number of messages over 8 days to receive a confirmation of the booking. Final payment was charged last week without notice etc...

I was originally hoping for a reasonable up sell offer to a Neptune Suite (we booked a SY) but even if HAL offers it I don't think the agent will pass the info on to me in a timely manor if at all. It really is true, you get what you pay for.

Sorry about the rant, on to the original purpose for my post.

Part of the deal included an amount of OBC from HAL and some from the TA. How would I know if these have been applied to my account? It's on the confirmation from the agency in the notes section but that's the only place I see it.

Thank you all as always for your great advice for those of us new to cruising.

I booked through a discount TA found through a compete for your cruise site, a move I'm now regretting. Communication has been horrible. It took me 4 emails and the same number of messages over 8 days to receive a confirmation of the booking. Final payment was charged last week without notice etc...

I was originally hoping for a reasonable up sell offer to a Neptune Suite (we booked a SY) but even if HAL offers it I don't think the agent will pass the info on to me in a timely manor if at all. It really is true, you get what you pay for.

Sorry about the rant, on to the original purpose for my post.

Part of the deal included an amount of OBC from HAL and some from the TA. How would I know if these have been applied to my account? It's on the confirmation from the agency in the notes section but that's the only place I see it.

Thank you all as always for your great advice for those of us new to cruising.

I can nearly guess what on line agency you are using;) and no I doubt if you will get an upsell offer.

That being said, just bring your email printed out from the TA for the OBC - the one thing I have found with these agencies is that they do provide that.

But better safe than sorry. Just ask for a print out for your on board account on the first and second day and then you can address it if it isn't there.

And have a great cruise:D:D

You will not know for sure if the OBC has been attached to your booking until you are on the ship. Bring all paper work evidencing it with you and go to Front Office early in your cruise. They will print out for you what OBC shows for your account. I would suggest you wait until day 2 as I'm not sure the OBC's show up immediately.

I am sorry that you have had trouble with the TA you selected on the website where TA's compete for your cruise business.

I have also used that site and have had good results, including offers for upsells. I stay away from TA's who seem to be new, small or if I haven't ever heard of them. If I can't independently verify their background, I look to other choices.

Like others have said, take your OBC documentation with you on your cruise.

Make extra copies of the confirmation showing your OBC -- that's what I do.

Then on the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise, I ask for a copy of our shipboard account to make certain that we have gotten all our OBC. One time I had to give them a copy of our paperwork as there wasn't any OBC showing on our shipboard account.

Make extra copies of the confirmation showing your OBC -- that's what I do.

Kind of a waste of time and paper if you don't need those extra copies after all.

Just bring your original, and if there's a problem, the Front Desk has a copy machine.

Yes, that is the point when we say bring your paperwork to evidence OBC should be applied to your account.

If you go to the front office (or concierge) and request a print out of your bill but find the OBC does not show, having that confirmation would be necessary to get it straightened out.

HAL's Cruise Confirmation always has our OBC listed under Guest Information.

Just checked - The OBC is listed there as "Onboard Credit (USD):" for each "Guest" in the Guest Information section for our upcoming cruise in Feb 2014

Did you book thru HAL or a TA?

HAL's Cruise Confirmation always has our OBC listed under Guest Information.

Just checked - The OBC is listed there as "Onboard Credit (USD):" for each "Guest" in the Guest Information section for our upcoming cruise in Feb 2014

I gather you book through HAL??

There is no section on our HAL reservation on HAL's site listed as "Guest Information".

I gather you book through HAL??

There is no section on our HAL reservation on HAL's site listed as "Guest Information".

I originally booked the upcoming cruise while on board my last cruise with the Future Cruise Consultant (or whatever they are called), listing my local TA as my agent. They had a special $150.00 OBC each for HAL's 140(?) Anniversary.

HAL then sent a Cruise Confirmation (3 page) to me via my TA, who in turn forwarded the confirmation to me.

Our Carnival Stock OBC will appear on my updated HAL Confirmation after final payment is made, for a total of $550.00 OBC. Never had any problems with our OBC.

Okay -- I understand -- Guest Information on the confirmation sheet you get from your TA.

Our TA does the same thing -- she makes a list of the various shipboard credit we are due from various sources.

Thank you

Correct - However, this is sole a HAL Document, TA just forwards. without any corrections or additions.

Archived