Nude Beaches St Maarten

lyfecruiser

Taking my 85 years old Mom on cruise and she wants to go a a "NUDE" beach :confused:...Does anyone know the name of any in St Maarten and how far it is from the cruise port?? AND PLEASE, is CLOTHING OPTIONAL!!!!
Orient Beach, on the French side of the island. She'll be in for a nude awakening.

You might want to visit Orient Beach - well know for both nudity and 'clothed' sunbathers!

About 15-20 mins from cruiseport - simply exit dock to taxi area - try to share with others (taxi/van type vehicles) - which lowers the cost (me and my friend tagged along with 6 others going to Orient so cost was only around $6 pp).

When you get to the beach - facing the water - to your right is the 'nude' area (over the rocks) - and to the left more 'traditional' beach area (altho you may see people walking up and down the beach topless, etc).

Find a 'beach club/restaurant' to your liking - rent a couple of chairs/umbrella or whatever (some come with a 'drink' included) and enjoy the scenery. Your mom should take a walk down the beach (no cameras allowed!)...and check ou the 'sights' if she is so inclined (wearing sunglasses helps!). :D:D

http://www.sxm-orientbeach.com/restaurants.html

http://www.jmbcommunications.com/sxm/pages/Here/maps.shtml

We went to Grand Case beach, which is on the northwest corner of the island (Orient is on the northeast). It was very quiet and relaxing, we were probably the only people from the ship there. It is a nude beach, and we saw a few locals letting it all hang out. Best part was the fact it was completely uncrowded on a Saturday and there were several small restaurants that had delicious food at great prices. It's shocking more people don't go there.

Take a look at the my Victory review (link in signature) and it goes over everything.

Taking my 85 years old Mom on cruise and she wants to go a a "NUDE" beach :confused:...Does anyone know the name of any in St Maarten and how far it is from the cruise port?? AND PLEASE, is CLOTHING OPTIONAL!!!!

Orient beach it is and there are usually guys posing for you!!! CLICK AWAY. Lots of woman there taking pictures of the nude men but of course they say "were're taking pictures of the water" wink, wink.

The entire beach is public but the nude part is a private club, Club Orient. You can walk down there, lay on the beach, swim in the water, etc. but the chairs and umbrellas there are not available to rent, and you can't buy drinks or food or use their facilities. If you do walk down there, be advised you will feel out of place if you have any clothes on. Everyone there will be completely naked.

Beautiful beach but some of the people taking advantage of nude should really not.

You will see lots of people from 16 to 80 years old there...There is a nudist resort rental to the right and I saw this woman about 75 sweeping off her porch while her husband sat there nude reading the paper....Just imagine your Grandma naked....LOL.....Dennis

The entire beach is public but the nude part is a private club, Club Orient. You can walk down there, lay on the beach, swim in the water, etc. but the chairs and umbrellas there are not available to rent, and you can't buy drinks or food or use their facilities. If you do walk down there, be advised you will feel out of place if you have any clothes on. Everyone there will be completely naked.

Unless their policy has changed in the past 2 years, this is incorrect. We rented chairs on the Club Orient side, and we did NOT go nude. The only policy we saw being enforced was the use of cameras. If you have a camera, you must leave it tucked inside your bag. There is a resort there, and that might be where you went. But the clothing optional part of the beach is not entirely controlled by the resort.

:D A friendly old chap who will pose for pictures.

Is he the white guy who stands around reading a book? What about Andrew, the tall black guy? We called him the "WalMart greeter" of the nude beach. LOL! I have pics, but I can't post them! :eek::eek:

This gave me a good chuckle! I hope your mom has a great time (and you too!) Too many people get hung up on looks, and most true nudists don't. It's about being comfortable with yourself. I think it's awesome that she wants to go check it out. :cool: (And no, fear not, I'm not going to be on the beach though I envy people who are comfortable enough in their own skin, regardless of age, shape or size to do so.)

Mom might look better than most of the other sunbathers.

Doc

Your grandma is 85? From what we saw the day we stopped there on our tour with Joyce Prince, she might see some of her peers ! LOL, the men that day were OLD and as Golfadj's wife said, "Some people should keep their clothes ON." ( She didn't know ahead of time that Orient Beach was cloting optional so she had a bit of a surprise when they arrived. LOL

You had to hear Sheila tell it. LOL Tell her HI, Golfadj !

Kujobie is mistaken. When we went on the Dream to St. Marteen we went to Club Orient. We rented chairs and ate in their restaurant. We asked before we sat down if you had to be staying at the resort to use the area and they quickly said no. Their only issue is gawkers. It is the prettiest part of the beach and everyone was very nice. When we were ready to return to the ship the bartender called a taxi for us, told us to stay on the beach and enjoy; he would come get us when the taxi got there. Most people are as nice to you as you are to them. Experience life and try a few things, who knows you might like it. ;)

Melissa & Kevin

Your grandma is 85? From what we saw the day we stopped there on our tour with Joyce Prince, she might see some of her peers ! LOL, the men that day were OLD and as Golfadj's wife said, "Some people should keep their clothes ON." ( She didn't know ahead of time that Orient Beach was cloting optional so she had a bit of a surprise when they arrived. LOL

You had to hear Sheila tell it. LOL Tell her HI, Golfadj !

BTW we had been there before icon7.gif and we continue to leave our clothes on.

However in order to stay in shape I did take a walk to the end of the beach.

BTW we had been there before icon7.gif and we continue to leave our clothes on.

However in order to stay in shape I did take a walk to the end of the beach.

I've done the same, exercise is good for you.

But I usually wear dark sun glasses , all those suns are really bright :eek:

This gave me a good chuckle! I hope your mom has a great time (and you too!) Too many people get hung up on looks, and most true nudists don't. It's about being comfortable with yourself. I think it's awesome that she wants to go check it out. :cool: (And no, fear not, I'm not going to be on the beach though I envy people who are comfortable enough in their own skin, regardless of age, shape or size to do so.)

Thank you...great post. Nudism is not about body type...it is definately more a mental thing! Not that I would know or anything! LOLOLL

Orient Beach is a very long bay in the Northeast side of the island. The southern part of the beach is Club Orient, which is a naturist area. You don't have to be nude, but it is very common for the people there to be nude. There is sometimes some okay snorkeling around where the dividing mark is. Away from Club Orient, the rest of Orient Beach is also clothing optional. There were some nude people around those parts too, but it's not common. However, toplessness is certainly common. For those wearing swimwear, it can get quite a bit more skimpy than what we wear in the U.S. It's not about exhibitionism, it's all about freedom, so it doesn't matter if the people "should put some clothes on". Just enjoy the freedom that we don't have in the U.S.

During the shore excursion lecture a few years ago,we were warned that the French retirees 'hang out' at Orient Beach and that we shouldn't get our hopes up. And like others have said, those that should go nude don't and those that shouldn't do. :D

Archived