Princess or ????

So we rec'd a beautiful brochure on Aust/NZ cruises on Princess. Starting to collect info: any advice on cruise line (we're partial to Princess), time of year and itinerary? I've scanned the boards and found lots of good stuff. Thanks for any input. Considering trip in early 2013 (Feb-March).

If you really want to stick with Princess, as Sue says, the Diamond Princess is the best option. The Sun and the Dawn also do NZ but those ships are definitely not up to the same standard as the Diamond.

Celerity Solstice, Carnival Spirit, and a couple of Royal Caribbean ships are also doing that itinerary so there should be some good deals to be had.

Re Princess (although not what the OP was asking about) I read in the Cruise Weekly yesterday (and on some schedule - I can't remember which) that Sea Princess is going to be based in Brisbane for 2013/14 season instead of the Sun Princess. :)

Re Princess (although not what the OP was asking about) I read in the Cruise Weekly yesterday (and on some schedule - I can't remember which) that Sea Princess is going to be based in Brisbane for 2013/14 season instead of the Sun Princess. :)

Sandie you are right about the Sun Princess being in Sydney for the 2013-14 season going by Sydney Port

another thing from the 1st march next year Sydney Ports have the ships going from White Bay 5 terminal

Sandie you are right about the Sun Princess being in Sydney for the 2013-14 season going by Sydney Port

another thing from the 1st march next year Sydney Ports have the ships going from White Bay 5 terminal.

Yes, Bob, we noticed that. Before we booked the B2B from Bris, we were originally looking at the Dawn Princess round Australia cruise next March and noticed that it was leaving from OPT but returning to White Bay. It looks as though that's when Wharf 5 will be closed.

Archived