San Francisco help

Allis154

We will be making another visit to SF in May for a 1 day port stop. We want to go to the Golden gate park this time. How much would a taxi be to get there? Will there be much trouble getting one for the return trip?

The last time we were there, we were dropped of at Ghirardelli Square and walked back to the ship, shopping along the way. I don't remember how long this took. Any idea?

Also, on this walk we found a 2-level pet store that we had visited before. Could anybody tell me where this is, or at least the store name? We would like to go back :)

Thanks

I would think a taxi would run $25-35 but I am guessing. even easier is to walk to embarcadero muni station (across the street from the ferry building..a very short walk from ship) and take the N-Judah muni train outbound to 9th and Irving street. get off, walk 1 block north into the park, walk two more blocks north and you will be at museum central part of the park...Academy of Sciences (overpriced in my eyes), the DeYoung museum, the Japanese tea garden, etc. the park is several miles long...you could also take the n-judah all the way out to Ocean beach and walk north to the Beach Chalet. or up the hill to the Cliff house.

from ghiradelli to the ship..30-40 minutes walk.

The walk from Ghirardelli Square will take around 30 minutes. It could take longer in the afternoon just because it get crowded.

I think cab fare is about the amount that was mentioned.

We walked it but we love to walk.

It's a beautiful park.

Keith

The walk from Ghirardelli Square will take around 30 minutes. It could take longer in the afternoon just because it get crowded.

I think cab fare is about the amount that was mentioned.

We walked it but we love to walk.

It's a beautiful park.

Keith

You walked from the cruise pier to Golden Gate Park? How long did that take you? We also love to walk, and our first visit to SF, we walked from our hotel (Tusan Inn) to Coit Tower, then to Lomard St., then down to Fort Mason, then we turned left instead of right and ended up heading to the Presidio! Great day :)

We have considered taking a taxi to the park and then walking back.

I remember a store selling all sorts of things "pet related" on Pier 39...something similar to the name of Critter Country perhaps???

Thanks for the answer.

The store we remember diffently wasn't at pier 39. We first found it when we stayed at the Tuscan Inn..not that far away.

The second time, we were walking to the pier and looked for it, but I still can't remember the name!

You walked from the cruise pier to Golden Gate Park? How long did that take you? We also love to walk, and our first visit to SF, we walked from our hotel (Tusan Inn) to Coit Tower, then to Lomard St., then down to Fort Mason, then we turned left instead of right and ended up heading to the Presidio! Great day :)

We have considered taking a taxi to the park and then walking back.

The walk was a big walk. I believe around 90 minutes so it's not for those who do not care to walk. So many other options to get there from public transporation to taxi or both.

Another nice walk and shorter is from the Pier over to the Presidio as you mentioned. We enjoy that one a lot. The last time we did it we stopped by that Gold Domed Building (I think it's the The Palace of Fine Arts) which dates back to the World's Fair. It will be on the left hand side and it was very nice to stop off there and to walk around for a little while.

San Francisco is one of our favorite cities of any around the world. So much to see and do and we just love to spend hours walking.

Best to you.

Keith

personally, I would not walk from pier or fisherman's wharf to gg park. at the least, take a muni bus or the train from the embarcadero.

a nice walk is along the northern waterfront. you go from fisherman's wharf, ft mason, crissy field, out to ft point under the bridge. then, you can climb up the hill to the gg bridge toll plaza and catch the 28 bus back to fisherman's wharf. or take the 28 bus south to the middle of golden gate park..about 4-5 blocks from the museum area. (walk from park presidio and fulton east along fulton to 8th ave...enter the park).

Archived