ShotoJuku’s LEGENDary Mediterranean Adventure

Great review. Thank you. We are do doing a one month trip to Europe in June. Me, my wife and our 4 boys. 2 weeks on the NCL Spirit (since no Carnival ships this year) and then 2 weeks exploring Europe. These reviews get me excited.

• 2 weeks later...
Great review. Thank you. We are do doing a one month trip to Europe in June. Me, my wife and our 4 boys. 2 weeks on the NCL Spirit (since no Carnival ships this year) and then 2 weeks exploring Europe. These reviews get me excited.

Thanks so much and I am sure that you will have an incredible "Spirited" time even though you're not sailing with Carnival!! :D

• 1 month later...

This is somewhat of a belated post-script entry to our LEGENDary Adventure but one worth noting.

So impressed we were with the lasagna my Bride wrote a letter to the restaurant expressing her wonderful taste experience there and as a gesture of their thanks the "SECRET" recipe was sent to her.

232323232%7Ffp543%3A9%3Enu%3D4492%3E9%3C4%3E634%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3A593%3C29%3A348nu0mrj

After gathering the "SECRET" ingredients along with some culinary courage my Bride attempted to recreate the best lasagna ever-ever-ever and all I can so is.....WOW.....that girl can cook!!

Ciao For Now!!!

Merry-Christmas-Recipe-Cards-p-640-64-012-RC-z.jpg

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Great Lasagna - Here is the "SECRET" Recipe!!

INGREDIENTS

lasagne

500 g

Parmigiano Reggiano

grated 200 gr

besciamella ( 1 liter milk , 100 gr butter , 100 gr flour, salt and nutmeg up your choise

FOR Bolognese Sauce

carrots

Pepe

a sprinkling

onions

Olive oil

4 tablespoons extra-virgin

milk

1 glass

butter

50 gr

wine

1 glass red

Sale

q.b.

bacon

(stretched or rolled) 100 gr

beef

minced beef 250 gr

Pork

chopped (thigh) 250 gr

broth

meat 250 ml

tomatoes

passed 250 ml (or 30 g of triple concentrated)

celery

1 rib

So about the besciamella sauce : prepare the sauce in a saucepan put the butter (1), let it melt and add the sifted flour (2) doing it cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly (3) and avoiding to let her take it from sticking or color.

Now you have got what the French call a roux at this point remove the pan from the heat and add the hot milk to the roux (4) mix well with a wooden spoon. Put the pan on the fire then, cook over low heat until the sauce begins to boil and add a pinch of salt and a pinch of nutmeg (5). Cover the pan with a lid and simmer the sauce, over low heat for 15 minutes, the time required to thicken the sauce, stirring occasionally (6). Without this your sauce is ready.

Now you can start to prepare the lasagne :

so...Start by preparing the broth.

Prepare Now, chopped-based onion, carrots and celery and fry in a pan with the olive oil and butter.

Finely chop the bacon and a few minutes later, add it to the pan along with the chopped meat, then fry it all for a few minutes over high heat.

Add the red wine and let it evaporate while keeping the focus on high flame.

At this point add also the past (or the tomato paste dissolved in a little broth), broth, pepper and a pinch of salt and let it cook in the pot partially covered for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally and adding the broth remained and lastly the milk.

While your sauce is cooking, prepare the sauce by following our recipe, remembering that for the lasagna the sauce should be fairly smooth. One flies the sauce ready, you preheat the oven to 160 degrees and begin to assemble your lasagna: Grease a rectangular pan (1), spread a couple of tablespoons of sauce and line the bottom with pasta (3),

Then cover with a few tablespoons of sauce (3). Then cover with plenty of sauce and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese (5). Cover with the other dough (6) and proceed in the same way to achieve the second layer.

Lasagne alla Bolognese

Formed more layers depending on the baking sheet and until exhausting all the ingredients. In a saucepan, mix the sauce with a little 'of sauce (7) and finish your lasagna with a thin and light with the mixture (8). Finally, sprinkle your lasagna with plenty of Parmesan cheese (9) and bake the whole thing for at least 50-60 minutes, checking every now and then cooking the lasagne will be ready when they hired a beautiful complexion and a golden crust. Once ready, remove from oven and let the lasagna cool for 10 minutes, then cut into the pan and serve while still hot.

Ciao For Now!!

Edited by ShotoJuku

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

What A Difference A Year Makes!!

As many of you know one year ago Operation Pizza Box was launched as was the countdown to my Bride and my 30th Wedding Anniversary Cruise in the Mediterranean aboard our Carnival Legend. Sadly, this year there will be no "pizza" per se however if there was a pizza box to open this is what my Bride would see....

retired_cop_framed_tile.jpg?height=460&width=460&qv=90

Yup - after nearly 33 years in Law Enforcement I'm hanging up my (30 lbs) gunbelt and entering the incredible world of retirement. Not totally retired, just semi as I will continue teaching a variety of Criminology and Psychology classes at a local college and starting a new part-time job at the Port of Tampa on Sunday's and every other Monday, Thursday, and Saturday so perhaps I'll be seeing many of you quite soon. :rolleyes:

There will be of course a "retirement cruise" in fact I guess there are two. I was originally set to retire in September and thus booked our Alaska Cruise however I opted to fast track my retirement to commence on March 1st so I guess our April cruise will be kind of a warm up cruise. In any event tomorrow is my LAST DAY in uniform!! :eek:

Happy Valentine's Day Cruisers and of course - Ciao For Now!!

Edited by ShotoJuku

Congratulations on your retirement, I will gladly perform a "happy dance" for you! I myself am looking forward to retirement in a few years so I understand the excitement of closing one door and opening others!

More time to travel! How exciting.....and March 1st will be here before you know it. Glad to read that you also still have your health after all those years as a cop, that in itself is an accomplishment.

Happy cruising!

Susan

Congratulations on your retirement, I will gladly perform a "happy dance" for you! I myself am looking forward to retirement in a few years so I understand the excitement of closing one door and opening others!

More time to travel! How exciting.....and March 1st will be here before you know it. Glad to read that you also still have your health after all those years as a cop, that in itself is an accomplishment.

Happy cruising!

Susan

Thanks Susan - great name as that is also my Brides name too! Thanks also for the congrats and happy dance too! I'm leaving the job now with silver hair, two bad knees, the loss of use of a finger due to a crushing bite wound from a perp, but still filled with piss and vineger for the job.

Thanks again!!

Congratulations on a great trip report & your retirement just read your review over the last two days really enjoyed it great information & photos which will help me on my planning for our upcoming cruise on RCI Liberty of the Seas

health and happiness in your retirement

Thank you

Amanda

Congratulations on a great trip report & your retirement just read your review over the last two days really enjoyed it great information & photos which will help me on my planning for our upcoming cruise on RCI Liberty of the Seas

health and happiness in your retirement

Thank you

Amanda

Thanks so much Amanda and have a GREAT CRUISE!!!

• 2 months later...
throwback_thursday_0.jpg?itok=ZQrGR0X1

Holy Throwback Batman - Has It Been A Year Already?

Today my Bride and I are celebrating our 31st Wedding Anniversary still going forward but fondly looking back towards the beginning of our incredible adventure together sailing the Mediterranean aboard our Carnival Legend! Same time last year we started that journey by flying to Venice, Italy; what a difference a year makes!!

• 5 months later...

Phew! I just powered through all 26 pages! Of course, late to the party, but what a wonderful adventure!

Thanks so much for sharing...Happy 30th Anniversary, Happy 31st Anniversary, Happy Retirement, Happy weddings and grandbabies!

Can't wait for your next Fabulous Review! (after the Fabulous Alaska one, which I already read!)

Phew! I just powered through all 26 pages! Of course, late to the party, but what a wonderful adventure!

Thanks so much for sharing...Happy 30th Anniversary, Happy 31st Anniversary, Happy Retirement, Happy weddings and grandbabies!

Can't wait for your next Fabulous Review! (after the Fabulous Alaska one, which I already read!)

Me, Too!! Got the link from Denisey ;) and had to read up. Leaving in 6 days for Italy!! My second trip, my husband's first!! Doing some of the same ports!! Thanks for all the info!!

and, many congrats, BTW!!:D

Susan (yup, another) and Gimpy (aka Tim--he had a double knee replacement 7 weeks ago!! Told him he better be up for this cruise or I'd kill him!!):eek:

Denisey,

Thanks for the link over to this review. Wow! What a fantastic imagination this man has to surprise his wife like this and better yet to keep it as a secret for such a long time!

I'm glad to see the romance is still going strong for them!

Captain Carnival,

Thanks for sharing your review. I feel like I was right there beside you enjoying the sights with you. Wishing you and your bride all the best.

Thanks Denise - I deeply appreciate your comments and for resurrecting the Mediterranean adventure. With the upcoming birth or the Carnival Vista perhaps this will serve as a source of inspiration for others who are planning a cruise there too!

Thanks Denise - I deeply appreciate your comments and for resurrecting the Mediterranean adventure. With the upcoming birth or the Carnival Vista perhaps this will serve as a source of inspiration for others who are planning a cruise there too!
We're hoping to be able to book Vista in the Med!

• 4 weeks later...
Denisey,

Thanks for the link over to this review. Wow! What a fantastic imagination this man has to surprise his wife like this and better yet to keep it as a secret for such a long time!

I'm glad to see the romance is still going strong for them!

Captain Carnival,

Thanks for sharing your review. I feel like I was right there beside you enjoying the sights with you. Wishing you and your bride all the best.

Thank You very much and YES keeping this adventure a secret for a year was one of the hardest things I have ever had to keep quiet about!