Tendering In & Yoda Guy

LisaT91403

I've been to SXM many times, and will be visiting again in January. I noticed that my cruise itinerary says that we will be tendering in. What's up with that? I've never needed to take a tender in SXM before. Is this something new? Or is it because there are 6 ships in port that day?

What can I expect from this process? Where will the tender leave us, and will it still be easy to get to the taxi stand?

Also, if we want to visit the Yoda Guy after our day at Orient Beach, can we just have the cab driver take us there rather than back to the ship? I'm wondering how much this would cost, and then how difficult it would be to get from the Yoda Guy back to the ship.

Thanks!

I've been to SXM many times, and will be visiting again in January. I noticed that my cruise itinerary says that we will be tendering in. What's up with that? I've never needed to take a tender in SXM before. Is this something new? Or is it because there are 6 ships in port that day?

What can I expect from this process? Where will the tender leave us, and will it still be easy to get to the taxi stand?

Also, if we want to visit the Yoda Guy after our day at Orient Beach, can we just have the cab driver take us there rather than back to the ship? I'm wondering how much this would cost, and then how difficult it would be to get from the Yoda Guy back to the ship.

Thanks!

You don't mention exactly when or which ship you will be on, but tendering is fairly rare in St. Maarten. The new Cruise Facility can accomodate a lot of ships, even with big ones.

IF you tender, it would probably be to the center of town, in front of the Court House. Walk less than 100 yards and there will be a taxi stand.

On the return, it depends on how many ships are in port your day (6?), as they close Front Street when there are several in port, but even then a taxi should be able to drop you in front of the Court House, and then it's just a short walk to The Yoda Guy.

Either take a taxi back to the ship or the Water Taxi from the center of town (great photo op) for a few dollars each. But IF you tender in, you should also be able to tender back from the Little Pier, where the taxi stand/drop is located.

gary

You don't mention exactly when or which ship you will be on, but tendering is fairly rare in St. Maarten. The new Cruise Facility can accomodate a lot of ships, even with big ones.

IF you tender, it would probably be to the center of town, in front of the Court House. Walk less than 100 yards and there will be a taxi stand.

On the return, it depends on how many ships are in port your day (6?), as they close Front Street when there are several in port, but even then a taxi should be able to drop you in front of the Court House, and then it's just a short walk to The Yoda Guy.

Either take a taxi back to the ship or the Water Taxi from the center of town (great photo op) for a few dollars each. But IF you tender in, you should also be able to tender back from the Little Pier, where the taxi stand/drop is located.

gary

We are arriving on Disney Fantasy on January 6th. From what I can tell, there are 6 ships in port, none of which are Oasis or Allure. My confirmation from DCL says "tender" on it.

So if I understand correctly, we should take a return cab to the Court House, and then walk to The Yoda Guy. And then we should be able to get a cab from The Yoda Guy (or Court House) back to wherever we are supposed to pick up the tender back. I'm assuming the cab driver would know where to drop us to get the tender?

We are arriving on Disney Fantasy on January 6th. From what I can tell, there are 6 ships in port, none of which are Oasis or Allure. My confirmation from DCL says "tender" on it.

So if I understand correctly, we should take a return cab to the Court House, and then walk to The Yoda Guy. And then we should be able to get a cab from The Yoda Guy (or Court House) back to wherever we are supposed to pick up the tender back. I'm assuming the cab driver would know where to drop us to get the tender?

The official Port of St. Maarten website says that there are 5 ships in port that day:

06-01 Tue 07:00 - 18:00 DISNEY FANTASY

06-01 Tue 08:00 - 18:00 NORWEGIAN GETAWAY

06-01 Tue 08:00 - 17:00 JEWEL OF THE SEAS

06-01 Tue 08:00 - 17:00 INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS

06-01 Tue 10:00 - 18:00 RUBY PRINCESS

IF you tender, you will be like 400 yards from the Yoda Guy. If you dock at the pier you would be a 20 minute walk or so from the Cruise Facility to the Yoda Guy on Front Street.

If you dock, you could also take a Water Taxi to downtown and the Tender Pier and walk the 400 yards to Yoda Guy.

gary

The official Port of St. Maarten website says that there are 5 ships in port that day:

06-01 Tue 07:00 - 18:00 DISNEY FANTASY

06-01 Tue 08:00 - 18:00 NORWEGIAN GETAWAY

06-01 Tue 08:00 - 17:00 JEWEL OF THE SEAS

06-01 Tue 08:00 - 17:00 INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS

06-01 Tue 10:00 - 18:00 RUBY PRINCESS

IF you tender, you will be like 400 yards from the Yoda Guy. If you dock at the pier you would be a 20 minute walk or so from the Cruise Facility to the Yoda Guy on Front Street.

If you dock, you could also take a Water Taxi to downtown and the Tender Pier and walk the 400 yards to Yoda Guy.

gary

We were actually planning to go to Orient Beach first thing in the morning (well, first thing for us is probably 10:00 or so)...and then go to Yoda Guy on the way back to the ship (perhaps around 3:00). So it sounds like we should take a cab from Orient Beach to The Courthouse regardless of whether or not we tender in. After we are done at Yoda Guy, we'd either be close to the tender...or would need to catch a cab or water taxi if the ship is docked.

Thanks for your help, Gary!