Formal nights

jacketwatch

I believe a sport coat or jacket is not formal wear and my friend belongs to MCYC and I am surprised they allowed men to not wear one. It is a lovely club and I would hate for anyone to miss the opportunity due to no jacket.

Maybe formal is the word that is confusing. If we had to pack DH's sports jacket or suit or tux and a cocktail appropriate attire for me that requires additional items for our suitcase that would not be worn (or needed) at any other time on our 14 to 20 days that we are on vacation, I would not be happy. And yes, we could make the decision to not attend but I am surprised that a cruise line that does not require more formal (dressy) attire at any time on the cruise would require the attire for the Amazing Evening. Since our only cruise with Azamara planned at the moment is a Panama cruise, I don't think it will be an issue. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Yes, exactly and as long as you are aware of the venue, you can pack accordingly. We snow ski all Winter and waterski all Summer, therefore I (not we ;-) enjoy bringing out my pretty things. I also like to see DH in his jacket every now and then :) He even says it is just as easy to put on a nice shirt and pants for dinner as it is his casual wear. He does not do Tux/Formal though.