Journey 4th October "sold out "

shamansue

:confused: Hi,

Am booked on 4th October,when a friend tried to book,told apart from suites its sold out !

Who to ?

Our Roll call only has 4/5 members.

Am I worrying unnecessarily,do hope so,have fears Azamara have sold all the staterooms to a conglomerate of estate agents or some such :eek:

Please,can any one shed some light.

I have checked a website that shows available cabins and it looks like only a CW Suite 7119 is available on your cruise, all other cabins are showing as sold out. It is a possibility that a large group booking has been made recently, as the cabin availability last week was good. I know because I checked.....was thinking of perhaps booking it but decided against it in the end.

May be a travel agent freebie I suppose but the only way to find out for sure is to contact Azamara and ask.

:confused: Hi,

Am booked on 4th October,when a friend tried to book,told apart from suites its sold out !

Who to ?

Our Roll call only has 4/5 members.

Am I worrying unnecessarily,do hope so,have fears Azamara have sold all the staterooms to a conglomerate of estate agents or some such :eek:

Please,can any one shed some light.

Our September 3rd Journey sailing has been sold out except for suites as well but it's because it's an incredible itinerary. Nothing to do with any conventions or groups. I suspect that your sailing is the same. Anyway, cabin availability changes all the time, even after final payment. I just looked at your sailing and lo and behold there's oceanview availability. Tell your friend. ;)

I have checked a website that shows available cabins and it looks like only a CW Suite 7119 is available on your cruise, all other cabins are showing as sold out. It is a possibility that a large group booking has been made recently, as the cabin availability last week was good. I know because I checked.....was thinking of perhaps booking it but decided against it in the end.

May be a travel agent freebie I suppose but the only way to find out for sure is to contact Azamara and ask.

I did & they refuse to say,except "its sold out !"

But to who,looks like a huge group booking,of every last cabin(except the suites!)to ????????????????????

Anyone got any ideas.

I just looked at this a week or so ago. I was going to look into adding this on our B2B, depending on the cost to change our flight home. Darn it....if you snooze, you lose. I wonder if people grabbed it because the promo was running out and it is a great itinerary.

With all of the promotions that Azamara has been running--especially those which provided things like an upgrade from an inside or oceanview to a verandah--I've found that many of their cruises, including some well into 2015, are already sold out or nearly sold out through the verandah cabin categories...

And then, I watch their "Savings For Singles" list carefully... Many were listed with a reduced single supplement [including Journey's 4 October cruise] way more than a year ago for 2014; very few have been listed--regretably from a personal perspective; I don't see that changing given the way Azamara has sequenced their promotions this year--for 2015...

I suppose it's possible that a group has purchased remaining cabins but, without having watched the booking dynamics for your specific cruise, I would not necessarily conclude so...

Roll Call activity is clearly not a predictable indicator... My 7 February cruise on Journey has minimal cabin availability [even though it was excluded from the cabin upgrade and singles promotions] but no one--not a soul--has posted to the Roll Call for that cruise since I started it back in April!

With all of the promotions that Azamara has been running--especially those which provided things like an upgrade from an inside or oceanview to a verandah--I've found that many of their cruises, including some well into 2015, are already sold out or nearly sold out through the verandah cabin categories...

And then, I watch their "Savings For Singles" list carefully... Many were listed with a reduced single supplement [including Journey's 4 October cruise] way more than a year ago for 2014; very few have been listed--regretably from a personal perspective; I don't see that changing given the way Azamara has sequenced their promotions this year--for 2015...

I suppose it's possible that a group has purchased remaining cabins but, without having watched the booking dynamics for your specific cruise, I would not necessarily conclude so...

Roll Call activity is clearly not a predictable indicator... My 7 February cruise on Journey has minimal cabin availability [even though it was excluded from the cabin upgrade and singles promotions] but no one--not a soul--has posted to the Roll Call for that cruise since I started it back in April!

Last week there was availability in EVERY stateroom type.

This week,EVERY stateroom GONE (except suites ?)

That is the dynamics !

Last week there was availability in EVERY stateroom type.

This week,EVERY stateroom GONE (except suites ?)

That is the dynamics !

But--without knowing how many cabins were available in inside, oceanview and balcony categories last week--brisk sales against depleted inventory may still be attributable to the end of Azamara's last promotion on 31 July... Some--including members of this forum--remarked about their intent to book just before it ended [and some who waited may have decided to go with an inside or oceanview after balcony cabins--they have been the first to go recently--sold out]...

I have read on Cruise Critic--have never done so personally--that it is sometimes possible to determine whether/not a group has booked by searching the web by ship name and sailing date...

As the 4 October cruise is now several weeks past final payment date [some do wait in the hope of a bargain], your best hope is that there is a last minute cancellation... I'd check frequently...

Interestingly, the cruise before this itinerary is also basically "sold out", but not the next one, starting on Oct. 11th.

As pointed out, this is a rather dramatic change for those 2 cruises.

As of yet, Google hasn't provided any answers.

I'm on it. Will wait and see (with some trepidation;)). If there's a group I sure hope they have a better attitude than the photographers taking pictures for Azamara's Land Discovery programme that joined the ship part way through my recent Journey Baltic trip. Walked around the ship as if they owned it and had a terrible attitude toward other guests. Thank goodness they were only on for a few days from Tallinn.

Phil

I'm on it. Will wait and see (with some trepidation;)). If there's a group I sure hope they have a better attitude than the photographers taking pictures for Azamara's Land Discovery programme that joined the ship part way through my recent Journey Baltic trip. Walked around the ship as if they owned it and had a terrible attitude toward other guests. Thank goodness they were only on for a few days from Tallinn.

Phil

Hmmmmm....interesting. I remember on our last ACC cruise there were some travel agents on the cruise. Same attitude you shared about the phototgraphers....."acted as if they owned the ship, had a bad attitude toward other guests" and to top it off were quite obnoxious. Some fellow pax had them pegged...they knew they were TA's. Evidently those pax had seen TA's on cruises previously.

There were also comments that those TA's either cruised free or a very reduced rates to promote ACC to their clients. Whether this is true or not, I have no idea.

Hmmmmm....interesting. I remember on our last ACC cruise there were some travel agents on the cruise. Same attitude you shared about the phototgraphers....."acted as if they owned the ship, had a bad attitude toward other guests" and to top it off were quite obnoxious. Some fellow pax had them pegged...they knew they were TA's. Evidently those pax had seen TA's on cruises previously.

There were also comments that those TA's either cruised free or a very reduced rates to promote ACC to their clients. Whether this is true or not, I have no idea.

Though I have no idea as to the terms under which they sailed or how far it was planned in advance, there were two relatively small groups of Australian Travel Agents [i'd guess each numbered ten or twelve] on Journey--the ship was at full capacity--during a cruise to Thailand and Vietnam back in February... One group was aboard for the first seven days and the second was aboard for the last seven days; each was hosted by an Azamara Marketing Rep... Some traveled with spouses; others doubled up cabin-wise with a fellow Travel Agent... Best I could tell, none of the agents had sailed Azamara before [though I had met one of them on Celebrity Solstice a year earlier!]...

Clearly, the goal was to introduce these agents to the Azamara brand with the hope that they, in turn, will promote/sell ACC to clients... They attended roundtables and participated in tours of the ship on sea days, they met key members of the onboard team, and--as I recall--they attended a private social event or two that did not interfere with/intrude upon other guests or their ability to access public areas... But for the most part, they were aboard to experience Azamara just as any other guest does...

The groups in this case were not obtrusive/intrusive but rather mixed easily with other guests, were engaged without a hint of sales hype, were interesting and interested so as to make for great conversation, and were tons of fun...

The practice--with the right selection of participants--is good/savvy business...

Phil

Yes we have had that experience on one cruise, a few years back I wonder if it was the same group as they did not favours in terms of promoting the brand.

The groups in this case were not obtrusive/intrusive but rather mixed easily with other guests, were engaged without a hint of sales hype, were interesting and interested so as to make for great conversation, and were tons of fun...

Back in 2012 I was on an Asia sailing where there was a group of travel agents and their host from the Azamara Sydney office (might have been the same leader) and they too were well behaved and mixed in really well. My only complaint? They kept me up far too late in Looking Glass!

Phil

Interestingly, the cruise before this itinerary is also basically "sold out", but not the next one, starting on Oct. 11th.

As pointed out, this is a rather dramatic change for those 2 cruises.

As of yet, Google hasn't provided any answers.

Interesting...I did not know that. The roll call is beginning to pick up, although I'm sure that is not indicative of how full the ship is.

I'm so happy I booked when I did. There certainly won't be any last minute bargains they run if they're trying to fill a ship.

Back in 2012 I was on an Asia sailing where there was a group of travel agents and their host from the Azamara Sydney office (might have been the same leader) and they too were well behaved and mixed in really well. My only complaint? They kept me up far too late in Looking Glass!

Phil

LOL, Phil. ;)

Phil

Yes Phil, we remember, lol!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Phil

Perhaps it was the same group, back for a refresher!