Kid age 3-8 friendly excursions?

jekajada

We cruised the MR 2 years ago. In Cabo, we did a catamaran ride around the isles, which was a good adventure for the young kids. Fun, relaxing, beautiful, and a very different experience from what they were used too.

In PV, we did an all-inclusive. The resort was nice, but the problem was that the actual amount of time there was just a few hours so it wasn't nearly as relaxing as we had thought.

So now we are going again (this time with Disney). And I'm trying to figure out what to do this time (don't want to repeat).

Kids are 8, 5, and 3.

We cruised the MR 2 years ago. In Cabo, we did a catamaran ride around the isles, which was a good adventure for the young kids. Fun, relaxing, beautiful, and a very different experience from what they were used too.

In PV, we did an all-inclusive. The resort was nice, but the problem was that the actual amount of time there was just a few hours so it wasn't nearly as relaxing as we had thought.

So now we are going again (this time with Disney). And I'm trying to figure out what to do this time (don't want to repeat).

Kids are 8, 5, and 3.

i would do a dolphin encounter, im not sure the min age, but we did it in PV, and our daughter LOVED it,,

they have it in cabo too,

just book in advance...

we did the encounter not the swim, so it was alot cheaper and better experience in my opinon , smaller group of people, they even brought in a huge sea lion in the water with us..

as far as other excursions,

you can do las caletas in PV nice beach area,

or in cabo just take a water taxi to medano beach, its just so iffy there since the water can be rough at times,

when are you going? what month??

whale watching is also very cool in jan feb or march

In P. vallarta indeed the daytrip by ship to Las Caletas is great, plenty of acitivites on their beach. You must book this through your cruiseline.

Another option is the daytrip by Pirate ship, lots of fun for kids.

Or visit the Zoo in P. Vallarta. Buy some food which the kids can give to the animals. http://www.zoologicodevallarta.com/

To get there get a cab.

We had a group of 6 & 7 year olds.

Puerto Vallarta - Swim with Wild Dolphins with Wildlife Encounters. It was amazing, even for the kids who didn't get into the water and it was much less expensive than the ship tours - and I loved that it didn't involve captive dolphins.

In Cabo we did a whale watching party boat - the kids loved dancing, etc along with the whale watching and then then next day we spent at Baja Cantina on Medano Beach.

Best,

Mia

• 2 months later...

Ok... here's my followup to my own thread

We ended up doing the Dolphin Encounter at PV which was really awesome for even our 3 year old. Although it wasn't a "swim" with dolphin, the experience was still awesome because it is still in the large pool the dolphins swim around in. There is a suspended platform about 3' deep into the water and everyone gets to stand on that, the dolphin comes in for petting, and each individual gets their chance to be kissed, kiss, "dance", and pose with the dolphin.

After seeing "The Cove" we were torn as to the ethics of doing this. We ended up going because several in our party really wanted to. We asked where the dolphins came from, and according to the trainers, they were bred in captivity locally. They probably come from a lineage that may have originated from a cove-like scenario but now it supposedly is captivity.

In Cabo, we just went ashore and got a local glass bottom boat (aka dingy with motor and tarp frame for shade) for $10/adult and $6 per kid. This turned out to be a great tour. The operators were very courteous, entertaining, had great attitudes, and did the best job they could. He brought us all the way around to the pacific side too, so the little boat did everything the "big tours" did. He dropped us off at our beach of choice and picked up. (you can either stay for 10 minutes or they will return after and trust they will come back)

Our 2nd day at cabo we did the catamaran... which did the same tour as above, but because it was a big catamaran it was more relaxing. This was paired with a beach stay at the Cabo Villas and lunch which was a very nice beach time. It included a resort guest only lounge area right on the sand.

Archived