South Georgia... longer?

Shawnino

Didn't know where else to post this.

Not trying to start an argument with Antarctica lovers--Antarctica's great.

But I'm looking for an expedition cruise that spends extra time (like a week-plus) at South Georgia. It's the only place in all the world I'm desperate to return to.

Anybody know one? My Internet search has come up empty.

Lindblad does five days there; so far that is the most I've found. But whether one picks the itinerary that includes Antarctica, or the one that just goes out to South Georgia, it's five days.

Any/all help deeply appreciated.

As an aside, if you are going to Antarctica and time and funds permit, please consider adding South Georgia to your itinerary. If funds don't permit, sell a kidney. The lack of icebergs, in my opinion, is more than made up for with wildlife, history, and the end of the Shackleton story.

Its generally based on landing permits and how many other ships are in the region at the time so 4 to 5 days has always been average.

The Lindblad is the only one I have had in my emails this year that is offering a dedicated FI and SGI itinerary

http://au.expeditions.com/destinations/antarctica/south-georgia-falklands/

Other suggestions might be the smaller yachts like Spirit of Sydney or Bark Europa. Not sure how they go cost wise compared to expedition ships.

Edited by PerfectlyPerth

As an aside, if you are going to Antarctica and time and funds permit, please consider adding South Georgia to your itinerary. If funds don't permit, sell a kidney. The lack of icebergs, in my opinion, is more than made up for with wildlife, history, and the end of the Shackleton story.

And don't forget walking amongst the 16,000 king penguins at Fortuna Bay! It appears no-one has told them about the 5 metre rule...

Didn't know where else to post this.

Not trying to start an argument with Antarctica lovers--Antarctica's great.

But I'm looking for an expedition cruise that spends extra time (like a week-plus) at South Georgia. It's the only place in all the world I'm desperate to return to.

Anybody know one? My Internet search has come up empty.

Lindblad does five days there; so far that is the most I've found. But whether one picks the itinerary that includes Antarctica, or the one that just goes out to South Georgia, it's five days.

Any/all help deeply appreciated.

There's a long list of yachts visiting South Georgia here. The other alternative is Cheeseman's who have a long journey doing some scientific work with albatrosses. Otherwise the longest visits seem to be 5 days around SG.