?self serve laundry on Sun

pacmom

It has been 12 years since we have been on an NCL ship. Going to Alaska in June with 6 day land add on. Would like to be able to do laundry before we leave the ship. Thanks in advance for any answers. Pat:)

They will offer a bag special for $20 that you can fit a LOT of stuff in, compact and roll your items. Yep they did loose a pair of pants which they reimbursed, but I've been very happy with the service of over a dozen time, just in the past year. (and those were all comped)

If you do sink laundry- I highly recommend using Zote soap, not just regular soap/shampoo. It's an excellent product that lasts and lasts, is about a $1, packs easily (I quarter the bar), best, it rinses completely and easily, unlike soaps that never seem to rinse out. :)

They will offer a bag special for $20 that you can fit a LOT of stuff in, compact and roll your items.

The OP wanted to do laundry before leaving the ship. If there is a special offer on a short cruise it will be in the middle of the cruise which may be too early for the OP.

If you do use the special; ROLL tightly all your washing so you get maximum number of items in the bag.

It has been 12 years since we have been on an NCL ship. Going to Alaska in June with 6 day land add on. Would like to be able to do laundry before we leave the ship. Thanks in advance for any answers. Pat:)

The bulk fill-a-bag laundry will be on Day 4 of your cruise. It is 2 day service returning on Day 6.

Thanks to all for the info and help. Will definitely use the $20 bag offer. Also the sink for small items.

Pat

This is what we do.

After you reach Platinum status on the Latitude, one of your perks will be one free bag of laundry on Bargain Bag Day.

This is what we do.

After you reach Platinum status on the Latitude, one of your perks will be one free bag of laundry on Bargain Bag Day.

We never send our laundry in on bargain day. We submit our Platinum bags the next day or the day after. Sometimes it turns around same day.

This is what we do.

The Platinum perk of free laundry bag special does not have to be on the Bargain Bag Day. In fact we always use our perk on a day that is NOT the special so sometimes we get ours back a day sooner. ;p

Laundry can be done any day but the last day of the cruise.

Cavet - IT WILL COST YOU BIG TIME - $4-6 per item !

Look in the closet or one of the cabinet drawers for the Laundry list and the bag to put the laundry in.

Now read the Dailies ship's Newspaper for the timing of the Laundry Day with the $20 all you can fit into the bag deal !

For the Platinum class cruisers you can get all the laundry in the bag complimentary - check with your cabin steward

for when is the best time for this service - certainly not the first day of the cruise nor the last.

If given to the cabin steward early on in the morning not unusual to have the laundry back late afternoon -but- not on the bargain laundry day (peak time).

SINK LAUNDRY

A thimble full of liquid laundry soap is more than sufficient to do a sink full of items. Wash and rinse a couple of times.

Pull the cord thingy out of the shower or bathtub and line dry it. Use the hair dryer on very low to rapidly dry the

clothing or place on a chair in front of a open balcony door. Do not place out on the balcony sending the wrong

semaphore signal - Have PINK bvds indicating a distress call deck 8 cabin 1XXX 000---000 Security check it out !

If blown overboard the mermaids won't have any use for that sort of stuff ! LOL !

SINK LAUNDRY

A thimble full of liquid laundry soap is more than sufficient to do a sink full of items. Wash and rinse a couple of times.

!

I don't find, hauling around liquid soap convenient and gave that up years ago, when I found Zote in a Hispanic market in LA.

I don't find, hauling around liquid soap convenient and gave that up years ago, when I found Zote in a Hispanic market in LA.

I don't haul a 64 ounce bottle/jug of the stuff around - I am not washing everyone's stuff on deck 10.

I load up a small liquor miniature which would do maybe 15 to 20 sink loads and I dare the liquor police

to do a taste test on if they don't think it is laundry soap !

Take a few Q-Tips along and small application on a soiled spot takes care of that depending on the soiling.

Another spot remover trick is ask a bartender for a small glass of Club Soda and a dab of soap often works

wonders and of course YMMV.

Laundry of everything you bring on board is not required.

B-Q is right one does not have to bring the whole grocery market along for 1 sink of laundry.

I agree that Platinum folks do not have to use their "free bag" on a bargain day.

In fact, like many others, we avoid those days.

I carry a small 3 oz. travel bottle or a small tide package (bought at Bed, Bath & Beyond in their travel section) and find this ample for doing a few loads of laundry.

If I forget to pack this, the ship shampoo works just as well.

If not a Platinum member, I'd avoid using the laundry for a 7 day cruise or less.

Do a couple "sink" loads.

The NCL ships are casual and you should have enough luggage space for casual clothes.

• 7 months later...

isnt all platinum members have all their laundry free ? no matter how many bags are sent in.

i just need ironing firstly when we arrive as our clothes will be crumbled flying from Australia to Buenos Aires to catch the ship on 3rd Feb 2018. Would ironing be FOC?

Edited by SusanEven

isnt all platinum members have all their laundry free ? no matter how many bags are sent in.

i just need ironing firstly when we arrive as our clothes will be crumbled flying from Australia to Buenos Aires to catch the ship on 3rd Feb 2018. Would ironing be FOC?

There is a pressing special on the first day, 50% off the usual price. You can always ask housekeeping or the steward for an iron and ironing board and they will drop one off for about an hour. That will be free of charge.